Chapter 24

"Sooji ah...", Shihyun is banging Sooji's apartment door. "I know you're inside...come on...open the door...", Shihyun pleads. His head is still dizzy and standing in front of Sooji's apartment for almost 15 minutes really make it worse. "Sooji ah...please...I won't leave till you open this goddamn door...", he's closing his eyes hoping the dizziness disappears.

"What do you want?"

Shihyun looks up to see Sooji is already standing in front of him. She opened the door. Shihyun smiles despite the pounding in his head. "Hi...sorry...I am late..."

Sooji just realizes Shihyun is wearing hospital clothes under his jacket. "What happened to you?", her anger turns to worried.

"Can I come in?", Shihyun asks hopefully.

Sooji lets him in without a word. She should ask him to leave. She really should. But seeing how pale he looks she just can't do that.

"I am sorry...I should have come sooner...", Shihyun looks at Sooji and saw how much her eyes are swollen. Did she cry? Was that him that caused her to cry? "Where is Shian?"

"My mom picked him up...he has a sleepover..."

"Is he okay?", Shihyun asks worriedly. After what happened yesterday, he wonders how it'll affect Shian.

Sooji just nods. She won't tell him that she asked her mom to pick up Shian because she just had a mental breakdown and she didn't want Shian to see her that vulnerable. "What happened to you?", Sooji repeats her unanswered questions.

"Are you okay?", instead of answering, Shihyun touches her cheeks worriedly.

"Kwon Shihyun.", Sooji stops Shihyun's hand from caressing her cheek. "Answer me!"

"I am fine..."

"Then why are you wearing hospital clothes?"

"Because it's fashion...", he smiles trying to jokes.

"Kwon Shihyun!", this is getting frustrating. Why can't he just answer the question?

"I am sorry...I was exhausted and passed out last night...then my Dad brought me to the hospital..."

"What??"

"I am so sorry...I wanted to come here as soon as I am done explaining to them...but I..."

"Are you okay now?", Sooji moves closer to check on Shihyun's temperature. "You feel a little bit cold..."

Shihyun catches Sooji's hand before she can retreat it. "I am okay...". Shihyun smiles. Glad to know that she's still worried about him. Sooji tries to pull her hand away, but Shihyun holds it tighter. "Please hear me out...", he pleads.

Sooji sighs. "I dont think there's anything more to hear...".

"You're mad at me..."

"I am not..."

"Then why were you crying? Dont say you werent...your eyes look like you've been crying for hours..."

"I am not mad...I am just...", Sooji is staring their joined hands. The way it feels like he won't ever let her go. Just like years ago. Will he be different this time? Will he really stay? Especially after Taehee showed up. "I just feel stupid...I feel like I am making the same mistakes all over again..."

"Mistakes?", Shihyun shouldn't be surprised to know that Sooji will feel like that. "I am sorry...if I make you feel like that..."

"You shouldn't say sorry...it happened before...I should know better that it'll happen again and stop myself for expecting too much..."