Chapter 13

Sooji is staring at Shihyun. Is he going to make another confession? Shihyun smiles then suddenly pull her into a hug. "What are you doing???", Soojinis surprised and trying to push him away. But instead of letting go, he hugs her tighter.

"Suushh...", Shihyun instructs Sooji to quiet. "Let me hug you when we both awake...", he whispers.

Sooji freezes. And for once she wanted to let herself enjoy this. For 8 years, she lost count how many nights she woke crying from missing him and desperately praying that he'll come and hug her. Like he used to do. Like what he does, just now.

"The last few days...I've been feeling so disappointed because of what you said...about being with someone else...even though part of me knew that you were lying...", Shihyun mumbles, still hugging her. "I am sorry...I tell myself I won't give up...but I let you go as soon as you push me away...", Shihyun breaks the hugs and staring at her. "This time I promise you...I won't give up...and I fight for you as hard as I could..."

"Shihyun ah...", Sooji really didn't expect him to say something like that. And she didn't know if she should really give him another chance. Is there still a chance to give?

"You don't need to say anything...or do anything...just...", he gulps. Hoping his next word won't scare her out. "Just...let me love you...".

"But..."

"Let me prove that I mean what I said...", Shihyun says seriously.

"Why?"

"I've been spending my eight years...regretting everything that I did to you...eight years wishing that I can turn back time and have a chance to do everything right...", Shihyun looks at her in the eyes. "And now I have my chance...I won't let you go...I won't make the same mistake..."

Sooji is looking back at him. How is she supposed to say no to him??? His words make her heart so hopeful. Maybe they really have another chance. Maybe this time he will really stay. But her brain keeps trying to remind her that it might be just another promises. Another broken promise. Or just like before, she ended up doing something stupid and pushed him away.

Sooji sighs. "Okay...", she gives up. Her heart wins. The heart that he broke years ago, choose him all over again. Stupid heart.

"Yesss!!!", he squeals excitedly. "Thank you for taking care of me last night..."

"You look better now...Maybe I should get back home..."

"What?? No!!"

"Why???"

"Aaargh...", Shihyun suddenly screams, clutching his chest.

"What is it?? Your chest hurts???", Sooji asks worriedly.

"Yeah...my heart hurts...thinking that you're going to leave me alone here...", he mumbles.

"YAAA!!!", Sooji smacks his arm as hard as she could.

"Aaargh...", he whines then bursts out laughing a second later. "I am sorry...", he says between his laugh.

Sooji looks at Shihyun annoyed but still worried. He's still pale. "I'll leave after I make you some porridge..."

"You don't have to...", Shihyun smiles softly. "You must be tired...it's okay if you want to go home..."

"Why?? Do you afraid to eat my cooking?", Sooji says.

"Nooo...I would gladly eat all your cooking no matter how salty it is...besides...I doubt I can taste anything right now...", Shihyun grins. Sooji just rolls her eyes. She wasn't that bad at cooking, it's just cooking for Shihyun make her really nervous somehow.