06

Song: don't let it break your heart by Louis Tomlinson
(A message to all characters from each other)

Liam's pov
"It's was so scary zee. I've never seen him that angry." I said nervously as I walked down the corridor my fingers lacing Zayn's. The hallways were sleepy and quiet at the moment. It was Monday morning and nobody wanted to be there.

I could tell Zayn was thinking of what was best to say. "At least he's finally trusting you to let you see all of it. We knew something was going on but he refused to really show it until this weekend." Zayn shrugged trying to see the brighter side of the whole situation. The conversation went quiet for a moment as we both let the crazy weekend set in. "Remember that girl Gemma? I think she might be in a few of our classes?" He asked softly. I nodded indicating for the boy to keep talking. I was too tired to speak. "Her brother, Harry, was talking to lou at the party. I haven't seen Louis with a smile that wide in months. I think he likes Harry. We should encourage it." He explained as we got closer to the lockers.

I stopped at my locker to give the other a pointed look. I needed this conversation to be put to an end, I was too tired to deal with it. "Zayn, no, he isn't in any headspace to be in a relationship and especially not with a guy. That could mess him up more. Don't intervene." I said seriously making sure he knew how serious I was being.

"We need him to know it's okay to be with guys. He never showed any signs of homophobia towards us. So I'm somewhat shocked how wrong he thinks it is." Zayn admitted sadly.

It hurt both of us to know Louis wasn't allowing himself to be open because he was always so good with us and always encouraged us to kiss in public or hold hands and just ignore the idiots that had something to say. "I don't think it's that his parents are homophobic or at least I don't think he was shown homophobia from a young age. I think they just didn't want Louis to be gay. We will help him when the time comes but for right now we need to focus on the cutting and eating." I sighed sadly as I began to pull my books out of my locker.

I must have been a slight bit too slow with my movements because Zayn picked up on the fact I was tired. "Have you been sleeping baby?" He asked softly running a hand up and down my back.

"Yeah zee." I lied being too tired to go into it further.

Harry's POV

"Haz, just ask him out!" Niall basically screeched as he sat down beside me in our first class of the day, English. "You will never know if he likes you until you ask him out." He groaned. The thing was since we had left the party all I had talked about was the certain blue eyed boy.

"No ni, I'm not like you. I don't want this just to be something to fill in time. I want it to be real. Louis doesn't deserve someone that isn't going to give a relationship their all. I want to get to know him." I explained quietly. It was the truth Louis Tomlinson only deserves the best. I would actually be furious if someone was mistreating the skinny boy.

"Are you talking about my brother? Sorry Haz, he's straight." A blonde girl behind me admitted. How could I have been so dense? Lottie Tomlinson. I was so stupid for not realising sooner.

"I told you!" I grumbled to the blonde boy that was insisting that Louis was gay. I hate when Niall gets my hopes up.

Niall wasn't going to accept no as answer. "No, I have an wonderful gaydar. I knew you were gay before you did. I'm right about this." The other huffed.

Lottie just sent us sad looks as if she knew something we didn't. "Please guys. He isn't. Don't pursue it in any way. Please." She said desperately as if she were begging us to put the subject down. So we dropped it.

Louis pov
I was sick of this week already and it had barely started. We were in music which is usually love but not today. We had gotten some results back from a test we did a few weeks ago and the teacher wasn't happy. None of the class had done as good as she hoped. She was screaming. Her voice sounded just like my mothers. I could feel myself losing control. "May I be excused?" I asked softly. It was barely audible but she heard it.

Her face grew impossibly redder. "No Tomlinson, you may not! You know why? You got one of the worst scores in the whole class!" She screamed and it was just getting louder and louder. All of a sudden I wasn't in that room, I was back in my living room whenever I got a bad mark. I knew I was going to be punished for this. Liam couldn't protect me from my mum or dad.

Liam's pov

I knew when I heard Louis shaky voice that something bad was about to happen but she just kept screaming at him. What was worse it was about a bad mark.

I quickly got up from my seat and ran over to his seat that was allocated towards the back of the room. "Mr Payne back to your seat!" The teacher huffed but I simply ignored her.

"Okay. It's alright. I'm here. I'm here. Zee is here. It's okay. We won't let anyone hurt you. Alright? Breath with me bub." I hummed gently trying to keep quiet so nobody would intrude too much. I looked at the sheet that was on the desk. He did better than both me and Zayn. "Give me your hand bub." I whispered as I took ahold of Louis' shaky hand and put it onto my chest so he could copy my breathing patterns.

Whilst I was calming Louis Zayn had managed to get the class including a very shocked looking teacher to leave the room. After the rest of the class left Zayn came back in so he could help in anyway. Eventually Louis' sobs became mere sniffs. "You here with me?" I asked softly as I rubbed my hand over Louis knee. He nodded softly. "You had an anxiety attack. But your safe. I'm here. Zayns here. You are okay. Nobody can hurt you." I said calmly hoping it would sooth the boy.

"Did it happen in front of the whole class?" Louis asked after many minutes of silence. Zayn and I shared a sad look. "That's embarrassing. Usually I have time to get away." He sighed his cheeks now turning a bright pink.

"You tried to leave but the teacher wouldn't let you. I'm sure everyone will understand." I said. I wasn't really 100% sure they would understand but I was hoping they'd just forget it.