19

Song: desire by Jeremy Zucker
(A message from Zayn to Liam)

Zayn's pov
I couldn't believe this was happening.I had spent a week wallowing in my sorrows about Liam. He was the love of my life and I messed it up. What made it worse was I did it for attention. Once I got the message he wasn't going to pick up my phone calls or answer my text I decided to take it a step further. I just couldn't lose him.

I looked up to the small windowsill  of the second floor room. I had climbed down from there many nights but I had never climbed up. However, I knew Liam had climbed up there when he missed curfew a few times and I always watched to make sure he didn't fall so I felt I knew what to do.

I set my foot on a particularly lose brick and the other in the lower windowsill. Then I hoisted myself onto a nearby tree. After climbing a few branches I reached the window. It was shut but the blinds were open so I just knocked.

To my shock the window flew open instantly. "What the fuck? This is insane!" Liam growled. For some reason I expected this to go much better. I thought he would just kiss me. "So what are you doing here prick? I'm not answering your calls for a reason! And why didn't you just knock?" He hissed. I was honestly stunned that he was so angry.

I heard small footsteps rushing towards Liam. I braced for yelling. "What's happening li?" It was the accent I knew so well. Louis. He stepped further into the room. We both made eye contact and in that moment I swore I was going to get hit. Liam held him back though. "Your a bastard. You never were good enough for Liam. He loved you so much and you barely gave him light of day." He seethed through clenched teeth.

He had a point but I snapped. "Remember when you had a life and stopped making bitchy comments about mine?" I retorted. I don't why I said it because he was telling the truth but maybe I just couldn't handle it.

Usually Liam would back me up with whatever dumb comment I made but he genuinely looked mad this time. "Just get the fuck out of here. Liam clearly doesn't want you here. You hurt him enough. Say whatever you want about me but just leave Liam alone." He said sadly almost as if he were pleading.

I could hear the hurt in his voice but I was too riled up. "At least I wasn't a pity case. I wish Liam had never saved you because you are a horrible person, Louis. I wish you had been beaten to death by your parents before we knew it was happening so we wouldn't have to deal with your bullshit." I huffed my vision blurred by a mix of anger and sadness.

Liam's jaw was slack but his fists were bawled. Louis looked like we had turned off the switch to his emotions. "I was going to call you in a few days so I could sought this all out. Now, I'm regretting ever speaking to you. I can't believe you would ever say such things. You are a maniac! Who says that as an insult. Now, I beg of you get out of my site before I punch you." He said. There was no words to describe how angry he sounded. I took him seriously and scurried back down the tree.

Louis pov
I knew what Zayn was saying was true. I already knew Liam didn't want me here and that I was an inconvenience. I wish I could just disappear and be forgotten. I was sick of causing everyone pain. "Please don't listen to him. Nobody thinks that's." Liam said snapping me out of my thoughts. "Can you please just say you understand that?" He added almost as if he were begging but I knew he was just putting up an act.

My mind kept slipping in and out of dark thoughts. I wanted nothing more than to curl up under my blankets in the dark. With a heavy gulp I stepped out of the room to go down to the front door. "Lou, where are you going?" I heard Liam call but I simply ignored him to slide on a pair of shoes. "Lou, please, you are scaring me." He added on the verge of tears.

"I'm going to see my sisters." I shrugged hoping he would believe me. I just needed to leave the house.

By this point Liam had chased me down the stairs. I closed my eyes tightly so I could hold the tears at bay . "You can't go back there right now. Not after what Zayn said." He said letting his first few years slip down his face.

I ran a hand angrily through me hair. I hated seeing Liam cry. "Fine, I'm going to Harry's." I said keeping my eyes off the other.

"Your lying." Liam said simply because of course he would know when I was lying.

I pulled my coat of the hook from near the front door. "Whatever helps you sleep at night." I shrugged as I went to pull the door open only to be stopped.  "Ignorance is bliss,yeah?"

I ended up staying with Liam until he fell asleep. I let him think he talked me down. I ended up sneaking out of the house around midnight. Liam didn't need to know what I was going to do.

Liam's pov
I woke up at 1:34 to be specific. When I fell asleep Louis was beside me but now there was an empty spot in the bed. I got up just to make sure he was in his own bed. Just for peace of mind.

Yet his bed was empty. My heart rate picked up but I still searched the whole house just to makes sure. By the time I had finished that I was shaking and crying. I had never felt this way. My heart was beating out of my chest that was only becoming tighter with every breath.

I did the only thing I could think of in a situation like this. I called Zayn.