20

Song: Alewife by clairo
( a message from Louis to Harry and Liam)

Zayn pov
I didn't even bother trying to fall asleep. I just stayed awake siting on the windowsill as I let the smoke from my joint blow out the window. It was 2am when I got that awful call from Liam. He sounded a mess. I particularly saw the tears falling down his face. "Li? What's wrong? Hey, calm down." I said softly.

I heard him take a few breaths before continuing. "After you left Louis wanted to leave the house and he was all quiet. I've never seen him like that. I knew he was lying about where he was going so I kept him here. I thought I talked him out of that dark place but after I fell asleep he must of snuck out because I can't find him." He said through sobs.

A sudden wave of anger ran through me as I reminisced on the day "So you called me to accuse me?" I said with confusion. I knew that was so far out of character for Liam but I didn't know what to think of him.

"No. It's just you are the first person I always call. I'm so scared zee." He said desperately letting the old nickname slip.

I knew I should have cared more about Louis whereabouts but I was still angry at Liam for picking Louis over me. "Just call Harry. He's the one that wants to get his dick up Louis' arse so he probably knows. Lord knows I always knew where you were." I huffed hanging up.

Harry's POV
I was woken up with a blaring noise. I looked around for a moment is a daze to realise it was my phone. Even more surprisingly it was Liam. "Liam? It's 2 am. What's up?" I asked slightly confused. Why would he be calling me?

"Is louis with you?" He asked. It sounded as if he had been crying.

My heart sunk at the thought of Louis being missing. "Is he with Zayn?" I asked softly so I didn't wake up my family. "He hangs out with Zayn when he needs to think. He says Zayn is quite." I suggested but I was panicking and I could barely think.

"Zayn's actually the reason for all this so I don't think he would be with Zayn. Do you know anywhere else he could be?" He said desperately as he walked around. He must have gone out of his house because now I could hear a slight wind.

I thought for a moment when I remembered his spot. "Yeah, I know somewhere else. Can you pick me up?"

- - -

"I guess this means Liam knows my hiding spot?" The boy said softly as I walked closer to him. He was dressed in a oversized hoodie as he held a cigarette between his lips. I was just happy he was sitting cross legged and not standing on the edge.

I nodded as I sat beside him. "You scared him." I shrugged moving closer to him for warmth. He shyly placed an arm around me. Maybe he wanted me just as close as I wanted him to me.

Even in the dark I could tell he had been crying. "I was going to do it But you know you saved me from doing Something to myself. I sat down when you called me seven times. I didn't mean to scare you just had the thoughts in my mind. I'm sorry, I know how stupid it was." He said with a shaky tone as if he was holding in months of tears.

I laid my head into his shoulder and moved my arms around his waist. "I'm so glad you didn't." I mumbled softly.

He let the air fall silent. It was more comfortable than I thought. Louis put out his cigarette before continuing "I don't have some kind of Cinderella complex." He muttered before leaning his head on mine. "You don't need to save me. So, if you just want to save me, don't bother." He explained because he knew I wouldn't know what it meant.

I pulled my head away but kept my arms loosely around his waist. "Louis, I never kissed you so I could save you. I liked you way before I knew that you lived with Liam or any of that." I said softly taking my hands from Louis' waist to his face. "Okay? I never wanted you to feel like I was saving you. Of course I will support you but you need to be your own Prince Charming." I hummed before kissing his forehead.

I heard his small sniffles from the boy but I let him cry. I might not have known all that was wrong with the boy but I knew I just had to wait and be supportive. All I could think was 'I wish he was mine' so these moments shared with small kisses and embraces were so far apart.

We let the air around us fill the silence as we watched the sleepy town move by. "Haz, do you want to go on like a date?" He asked sheepishly keeping his head down.  I let a wide smile break out on my face. This could be one of the greatest moments in my life. "Don't worry, it's stupid, I'm straight." He added quickly and then all my happy thoughts broke.

Why did he keep saying he was straight? In the past week and a half he had kissed me and told me he wanted a relationship. "I wish you could accept yourself because I would have said yes. I would have said we should go on a picnic next Friday at that park you love so much, at sunset."'I said truthfully hoping he would pick up on the message.

He just let a small smile crack. "I'll think about it." He hummed collecting his things and standing up. I sat there for a moment, I didn't understand how he didn't see his beauty.

"So are you coming or am I locking you up here?" He laughed and I suddenly realised he was standing by the door. I nodded getting up and running beside him. To my shock he grabbed my hand softly. Maybe there was some sort of hope for us.