12

Song: bruises by Lewis Capaldi
(A message from Harry to Louis)

Louis pov
"Rat!" I heard being screamed but I didn't turn. I never thought it would be aimed at me, all I ever did was stay out of everyone's way. However when I heard the same voice call my name I turned to see an angry styles storming towards me. Yet it wasn't Harry, instead it was Gemma.

Her eyebrow was furrowed and her face was basically red and fuming. "You heard me Louis. Stop!" She yelled again as she got closer to me. I was petrified. All I wanted to do was disappear.

Now a small crowd gathered around me and the girl. "Fuck you!" She growled pushing a finger into my chest. "It's like you don't even care what you did to him." She added only getting more angry.

"I'm sorry Gemma. He came on to me, I swear. I'm straight, I can't control that." I said trying to back away to safety.

She only seemed to grow more angry at my sentence. "Where was that when you were making out with Collin at that party last year?" She screamed pushing me into the wall. My nerves began to run high. I knew she was about to hit me.

I didn't say anything because she had a point. Everyone had a point. I was gay. But being gay was wrong so I deserved any punch she was about to throw. "That's what I thought!" She said bashing the sides of her fists against my chest. "Don't come near Harry again, you fucking slut!" She squealed. Slut. Faggot. Whore. Sinner. Slag. Devils child. The simple word brought me back to that room with my parents. Next thing I knew Gemma was being pulled off me. She picked up her backpack and screamed a "fuck you Tomlinson. You led him on, don't act like you didn't!" Before walking off.

Liam's pov
"You look worried baby." Zayn sighed as he ran his hand through my hair. "What's wrong?" He asked sadly.

The school halls were practically empty. "It's just we have barely made any progress with Louis. He is still cutting. He still won't eat. He barely talks. He has a panic attack at the drop of a hat. I just don't know what else to do." I explained quietly not wanting anyone overhearing. I really did want to help the boy but it was sad we hadn't seen any improvements.

"It's a slow process li. We need to give him time. You got through to him a bit with the whole sexuality thing at least. Small steps, yeah?" Zayn reminded me positively.

We kept walking in silence before we heard a soft. "I'm sorry Gemma. He came on to me, I swear. I'm straight, I can't control that." I knew straight away it was Louis. I ran at full speed down the remainder of the hall to find a large group surrounding the pair. By the time I had pushed through them Gemma was already pounding her fists into Louis' chest. I pulled her off as fast as I could taking Louis into my embrace.

When I finally looked up I noticed Zayn had cleared the crowd and the only person other than Zayn standing there was the principle. He stood back and watched as zee and I tried to calm Louis down. The principal squatted down beside me. "Do you want me to call his parents?" He asked quietly.

I shook my head profusely. "No, no call mine." The older man seemed to accept that without further questioning and walked back to his office.

A few minutes later we were walking down to the principals office. Outside was already sitting the same girl that harassing Louis. I knew it was Gemma.

I pulled Louis as far down the seats as possible. Once we were seated I let the boys head fall onto my shoulder. Zayn sat down on the other side of Louis. After about ten minutes my mother came down the hallways gracefully.

She immediately came in front of Louis and ran her fingers through his hair. "What happened?" She asked sadly.

Louis just shrugged. I knew he got like this after an anxiety attack. He barely would speak and he would get all sleepy and clingy. At some point Gemmas mum must have come in because when I looked back up there was a kind lady somewhat chastising the girl.

"Are you ready to come in?" The principal asked upon seeing we were all there. We all nodded our head and stood up. Zayn had decided to stay in the hallway.

Harry's POV
"Harry, Harry, Harry!" I heard being called down the hallway. I turned to see a girl I knew was friends with my sister but I didn't know her name.

I gave her a fake smile to show I was listening as she came closer. "Your sister tried to beat up someone." She said almost as if she were sacred of my reaction.

It seemed so out of character for my sister. "Who did she attack?" I asked being so confused by the situation.

The girl seemed genuinely nervous at that point. "Louis. She was sent to the office if you want to see her." I didn't even respond I just sprinted in the direction of the office.i felt like I was lost in love and i was exhausted. I was tired of being so exhausted.

When I got to my destination I saw Zayn siting on a chair outside. He didn't look angry or upset just blank. I think that was more scary. Once he saw me he whispered a small. "Harry, hi."

I smiled at the gentle tone. "Hi. I'm sorry. Please believe me I didn't want her to do this." I said but it came out as more of a beg.

Zayn just nodded softly. "I get it. Lou still wants to be friends with you. He just has a lot going on right now. So take it slow enough and you might win him over. He'll come back when he can find his peace" He admitted truthfully. It gave me a glimmer of hope. I was holding on to that hope "Although Liam might go all protective father now and keep him from you." He added humorously

I felt like I was drowning. Only if I could hold him. He'd keep me from going under. I was so lost in his love.