25

Song: still by Niall Horan
(A message from Louis to Harry)

I was sitting in my living room when I saw a flash run out the front door. It was the weekend of the day Louis' car got smashed. The only people in the house were Louis, Harry and I. The others were up in Louis' room so I didn't think it would be either of them however I still walked up the stairs to check on them.

Louis said they weren't dating. I think he was still in a bit of denial so we all went along with that but you could tell the eldest was in free fall. We were just waiting for them to tell us.

I was somewhat startled when I heard whimpers as I got closer to Louis' door. I pushed open the door not caring to knock because I knew who the cries belonged to.

He looked so fragile. He was sitting in a ball shaking like a leaf. Harry was no where in sight. I didn't hesitate before wrapping the boy in my arms. He jumped but quickly settled into my arms. "It's okay. I'm here. You're safe bubs." I reassured making sure to take slow breaths.

It took about twenty minutes to calm Louis to a point of speaking. "Ready to tell me?" I asked. The other just nodded just strangled on his words. "Take your time." I hummed with comfort.

After another few minutes of silence the boy spoke up. "Please just don't go all over protective dad." He pleaded to which I agreed but I knew I'd probably still do it. "W-we were making o-out-t and I fe-felt him get h-hard so I- I said I'd give him ah head w-hich he to-told me I didn't have to b-but I-I insisted. Once I was doing it I got really s-sc-scared cause it's wrong but I ke-kept going until I started ha-having a panic attack but he didn't n-notice. Th-en I pulled off a-and I st-started yelling and told him to get out." The boy sobbed into my chest. I could tell he was disappointed with himself but he should have known his boundaries. Harry should have known not to push past anything innocent. Harry should have noticed the anxiety attack.

Suddenly the only thing I could feel was anger towards Harry but then a sniffle broke my thoughts. I put my eyes down to the crying boy and held him tighter. I thought over the situation for a moment deciding on the best advice to give the hurt boy. "You have to talk it out with him lou. For all he knows he did something wrong, you can't leave him in the dark. If I have learnt anything from zayn it's that we just needed to talk more."I said honestly.

After a moment Louis just nodded shyly keeping his head laid on my chest. He began to get up and fix the tears from under his eyes. "You don't have to go now, just go when you are ready." I said softly from the bed.

Be reached for his more than old pair of vans. I'd have to get him a new pair. "I know li, but I want to." He hummed with a raspy voice before slipping into the bathroom.

Harry's pov
I had been home for about an hour before I heard a knock at my bedroom door. I looked up from my phone to see Louis standing there sheepishly. He looked a mess. He was in an oversized sweater, his hair was beyond ruffled and his cheeks were red and blotchy to compliment his puffy eyes.

I instantly shot up from my bed and embraced the boy. I held him as tight as possible. "I'm so so sorry, darling. I shouldn't have let it go any further. I'm sorry." I said softly trying to express how sorry I truly was.

I felt the other shake his head and push off me slightly taking my hands instead. "It's not your fault Haz. I was the one who insisted. I'm the one that has the trauma. I came to say I'm sorry. I shouldn't have acted like that. We should have talked it out." He said quietly. I could tell he truly meant everything he was saying but I still knew it wasn't his fault.

Before I could disagree further I caught sight of something white under Louis' jumper. Bandage. Without hesitation I lifted his wrist and began unwrapping the soft fabric. Louis tried to pull his arm away but it was no use.

I was shocked to see dozens of new red lines scattered on his wrist. What happened? He was doing so well recently. I let a few tears slip past my eyes but not being able to look away. "Haz please. Darling you are only hurting yourself. Just shut your eyes Hazza." The boy whimpered before placing his free hand over my eyes. I let my eyes slip shut in the forced darkness before letting my grip go lose. I felt a kiss being pressed to my forehead. "Why don't I go rewrap these and you go lye down. I'll join you in a minute." He said before his presence was gone.

I cleaned my face a little before slipping into my own en-suite where I knew Louis' was. He was focusing so hard on wrapping his wrist up he didn't even notice me.

I stood behind him and let my arms wrap around his waist and snuggled my face into his shoulder. That made him look up. I was happy to see a small smile on his face. I quickly pressed a few harsh kisses into Louis' cheek making his small smile grow and a soft giggle.

I let my chin rest on the shorter boys shoulder once again. I looked up with a goofy grin. We looked picture perfect in that moment. We looked so happy no matter what shit storm was sweeping through. The boy in my arms was perfect. "You are perfect lou." I said truthfully knowing he needed to be reminded just how important he was.