16

Song: scared by Jeremy Zucker
(A message from Liam to Louis)

Louis pov
"Li, I'm worried. It's been hours and your still not home. I can't get on to you or Zayn. Please call me back I'm worried." I said truthfully to the answering machine.

I was sitting at the island bench of Liam's kitchen. Harry was sitting beside me, tentatively. He seemed to be waiting for my next move.

I had informed Karen of what was happening and she thought it was off as well. Liam never went off without an explanation and even if he did he would still return calls.

"Something doesn't feel right." I said softly as I rubbed over my face. Harry slowly lowered a hand onto my back to rub circles on it. Finally my phone started ringing. I hoped so hard it was Liam but it was Zayn. That was better than nothing.

"What's up lou? You called me like ten times." He said hoarsely. Almost as if he had been crying. That made me panic more.

"I can't find Liam and he won't return any of my calls. Have you seen him?" I said simply not having time to beat around the bush.

I heard Zayn let out a shaky sigh. "Last time I saw him was at the rink. We broke up." He admitted sadly.

My heart broke a bit for both of them. "What? Zee I'm so sorry. I'm sure you can work it out." I reassured the raven haired boy. Then it struck me. "I know where Liam is. Thank you Zayn, I'll check in with you later." I said suddenly before hanging up the phone and dragging Harry out the front door.

"When we were younger. When we first met Zayn. We use to hang out in this schedule area of the park. It's where they had their first kiss and first date. Liam treasures that place. So if he is going to be anywhere he will be there." I said as I climbed into the car. I was honestly shocked it took me this long to figure it out.

I pulled into the park to see Liam's black Range Rover parked in the parking lot. I asked Harry to stay in the car as I ran over to his spot. Down by the lake. Where there was the old bench that nobody sat on or even went near. I remember as kids it use to be like heaven. I remember the first times Zayn brought us down here on our bikes. It seemed like just yesterday.

I heard small sniffles coming from the tree we had carved our initials into a few years back. I followed the sounds until I found him. I silently sat down beside him. He seemed to know I was there but didn't try and push me away. "So, you and Zayn broke up." I said awkwardly finding it hard to accept it myself.

Liam just nodded. "He cheated on me." He said softly whipping away his own tears. "I wasted two fucking years on him." He added angrily.

I just simply hugged the boy and leant my head against the boys shoulder. "But I know you don't regret it. You loved him. He's just been a dick recently." I said as my own anger grew towards Zayn.

Liam didn't say much. Neither did I. For a long time. We just sat there. It was peaceful in an odd way.

I looked back over to where the car was parked. I remembered Harry. "I kissed Harry today." I hummed sweetly knowing it would make Liam somewhat happy.

The boy sent me a small smile. "And you didn't run? You kissed him?" He said in shock. I just nodded simply. His small smile grew. "I'm so proud bubs." He said genuinely pressing a rough kiss into my forehead.

"I'm proud too." I hummed looking around my calm surroundings. That's when a thought popped into my mind. "Fuck Zayn Malik!" I said loudly. It was loud enough for anyone in the playground to hear me.

Liam just chuckled and pulled me down onto the ground so my head was on top of his chest. "Yeah, fuck Zayn." Liam said softly.  Both of us knew this was no romantic gesture it was just as if we were brothers. "Thank you for looking for me." He added kindly.

I just shrugged. "You would have looked for me. You probably found me quicker as well." I laughed trying to make the situation as light as possible.

I just felt Liam shrug. "So how are you feeling? I know you need to talk about kissing Harry." God he knew me so well. How was he so good at this?

I laughed slightly. "Your right but I didn't come here to make this about me." I said truthfully sitting up so I could look back at the boy.

"I know but I need a distraction." He wined as he sat against the tree.

I nodded giving into the boys sad tone. "It scared me. I'm still scared. I think I was ready for the kiss but I don't think I'm ready to admit what we all know, I don't think I'm ready for a relationship." I said honestly as I begun to pick at the grass.

Liam just nodded at kept his gaze on the river. " I think it's perfectly okay to not be ready for those things and to be scared, at least you can say you know it, a month ago you wouldn't have done that. Plus Harry agreed to go slow. If he pushes you further he doesn't deserve you." He said simply. I knew Harry would let me take my time but I knew not many people were like that. Liam thought so highly of me. Then again, I thought of him the same way.

I smiled at the boy that was looking away from me. "God, Zayn is such a dick," I groaned loudly. Why would he want to lose Liam. Liam was filled with so much good. Why would you optionally lose that?