14

Song: idle town by Conan Gray

Louis pov
It had been a month and a half since that phone call with Harry. That day was my massive turning point. I wanted to accept myself. I wanted to be good enough for Harry. That meant I started going to therapy. I handed over my blades. I tried my hardest to give up smoking but we were still working on that one. It was all really difficult but I had Liam and Zayn.

Although, Zayn and I's relationship since that day was different. No matter how much I wanted to trust the boy again I just couldn't. Zayn seemed to feel it as well. I understood he was never going to hit me but he shouldn't have used it as an example of why I should go to therapy.

Niall has practically broken up with Arabella the moment they got together. However, now he was dating a beautiful girl named Delilah. She was wonderful. It was basically like having a second Niall except she was quieter and a little bit less chaotic. Harry says they were meant to be and they will last. I hoped they did.

We had merged groups slowly after Niall broke up with Arabella and he realised Harry had been sitting with us. Even though I never thought I'd want anyone else in our exclusive little group I suddenly did. There was never a dull moment even when I was having a down day or Liam and Zayn were fighting or I was upset at Harry. The constant noise was an adjustment but now I couldn't remember what it was like before.

Finally, that brings me to Harry. He was perfect, just as suspected. He had tried to make a move a few times and every time I would tell him I wasn't ready which he always understood but I always found a reason for not talking to him for a few days. I always felt guilty afterwards and wouldn't stop apologising for days after that.

Everything was going perfectly. It was like we had built our idle town. A town where there was kissing signs on the interstate.a town where curfew was at midnight. A town where you watch the sunrise.We were going in 7th gear. While everyone was partying we were watching stars. Didn't even need a sip of beer when we were making up our own little games. Yeah, I think that we'll all be okay if the idle town will stay as it stays because everyone I love's in this place.

Somehow I had been convinced today to go a skating rink with all of the group. At first I was hesitant. Yet, Liam had convinced me, like always. I was lucky I was feeling good. I had actually had a sustainable breakfast that morning without throwing up. I hadn't had an urge to harm or an sense of anxiety. Today was a good day. I let a lazy smile sit on my face when I thought of how far I had come in a month and a half.

Suddenly I remembered where I was. Harry was giving me the same lazy smile back. "Okay styles, I'm going to be shit at this so you have to help me." I warned as I stepped onto the ice grabbing onto Harry immediately with a death grip.

He held in my place as he laughed lightly. "Do you think I'm any better? I'm the clumsiest person you have ever met." He mocked a conversation we had a few days ago after I saw him fall twice in the span of a minute.

I fake groaned at the boy's statement after I found my balance. "Oh god your right! How did I let you talk me into this?" I said sarcastically laughing at the end of the statement not being able to keep my serious facade up.

He held his hand out for me which I happily grabbed. "Because secretly you love me. Deep down somewhere." He said truthfully as he pulled me closer to the rest of the group.

I just let out a small "hmmmm?" As if I questioning it but I knew he was right.

"Do you think you will ever tell me everything?"  Harry asked suddenly in a serious tone. A few weeks ago he found out I lived with Liam. He was shocked of course and he had a lot of questions. I explained that I couldn't answer them. I wasn't ready to open up that much and be that defenceless with him.

"Eventually. But Haz, it's a lot to take in. Not just for you but for me. I didn't tell Liam until a few months ago and that was hard enough. I trust you, I do but I just can't at the moment. I'm sorry." I said truthfully making us stop in the middle of the ice. He just nodded I knew he got it and he wouldn't press any further so I smiled and skated off as fast as I could.

Liam's pov
Louis had improved so much in the past month. At first progress was slow but now, most days he felt indestructible. His personality from a few years ago was slowly building up yet again. I smiled as I watched him skate past and Harry chase behind him. A lot of the progress we had seen we had Harry to thank for. Harry was the reason Louis wanted to get better.

Over time I grew fond of the six foot, long haired boy. I was no longer wary of him, I didn't have fears of him hurting Louis. Everything the boy did from the way he looked at Louis to the way he touched him was so gentle. I was truly rooting for them to get together. Harry understood that Louis was going to take some time to fully accept himself and mostly Harry took things slow. Yet there had been a few occasions where Louis had come home in tears but I never blamed Harry for that, neither did Louis.

I turned to raven haired boy to see him with a blank look on his face. I wish I could say Zayn and I had been going strong but over the past month we had grown apart. I had no clue why either and it was disappointing. At this point I didn't know where I stood with him. I felt like he was getting ready to break up with me, which made me sad but maybe that's what we needed.

I wasn't going to let that thought bother me today. Today I was going to have fun. I had spent too long fretting over what Zayn was thinking. He was going to do what he wanted in the end.

What Delilah looks like