23

Song:waves by dean Lewis
(A message from Louis)

louis' pov
"Can you believe we are graduating in two weeks from now?" Liam laughed as he sat down at the lunch table. I didn't have food in front of me. I was still feeling shaken.

I suddenly felt a pair of arms around me. I instantly froze. I had been in an odd mood since what happened with my dad. I barely had any physical contact with Harry. "Don't remind me. Do you think if I say you have been cheating on all your tests they would let you stay another year?" Harry said innocently but I just wanted to escape his hug. I knew if I didn't leave I'd end up having an anxiety attack so I stood up and left the busy room.

Harry's POV
"It's not you. He's been in a mood." Liam said softly. I could feel the pain in his voice.

I just shared a sad look with him. "Has he eaten today?" I asked gently. I was honestly scared of the answer.

Liam just shook his head. "Did something happen on the weekend? He just seems off about something." Liam asked. I knew it was in Louis' best interest for Liam to know.

I nodded hesitatingly. "Yeah, we went to his place and his parents came home. He had to talk to them about having the girls move in with him, which they were fine with. Then they let him go. They didn't lay a hand on him. He did say some pretty sad stuff though. He said all this stuff about how annoying he was and his dad agreed." I ranted angrily as I thought back on the whole ordeal.

It seemed to flip a switch in Liam however. He knew just what was going through Louis' head. "Fuck. I hate that man." He huffed. I sent him a confused glance. "He just confirmed all the negative things Louis thinks about himself. What are some other bad things he thinks about himself? He's too fat, it's wrong to be gay, all that." He explained still with heavy laces of anger. I felt so dumb for not noticing.

We both must have zoned out because the next thing I heard was that Irish accent. "Why do you two look so upset?" He said lightly as he and dahlia slid into the table.

Liam just muttered a small. "I have to go." Before getting up and leaving. I always felt somewhat jealous of Liam. He always just knew.

Liam's pov
I quickly ran to the bathroom I knew Louis would be in. I was expecting the small sniffles I heard but it still broke my heart. When I barged through the door however I found the small boy huddled into no other than Zayn Malik.

"I found him here but I can leave, if you want." Zayn sighed softly when he noticed I was standing there.

I shook my head slightly. "No, you were always good at holding him." I said crouching down beside the pair.

I began running my hand through his hair slowly. "You are enough lou. Don't listen to anything your parents say. They are lucky to have someone like you." I hummed before pressing a kiss into his forehead.

Zayn looked over to me. His look told me he knew what was going on. I nodded and he shut his eyes tightly to keep tears at bay. I should have seen the signs sooner. Whenever he got insecure he used to get like this, we now assumed it was because of his parents.

His soft whimpers seemed to change from ones of sadness to ones of pain. I looked around for what could be hurting him but my eyes only caught his thumbs on his wrist. I quickly pulled his hand away but not hard enough to hurt him. "Hey, none of that." I said sadly. I hated when he use to harm.

His reaction was only to sob harder into Zayn's chest. "It's like I mean nothing to them. I did everything to be the perfect son. I ran myself up the walls making sure I had good grades, I was skinny enough, I dressed right, I did everything I was asked. I basically raised four children and they just as if I was nothing. I wasn't good enough. I'll never be good enough, so what's the point?" He sobbed. Some parts were hard to understand but both Zayn and I caught the Geist

I kept my eyes closed not wanting to see the pain on the boys face. I simply pressed another kiss into his forehead. "Please don't say that bub. You are good enough. You are better than both z and I combined. They are sick, sick people. A few more weeks and we will have your sisters and we can report them." I said keeping him impossibly  close. As much as I wanted to deny it, the three of us were a family that every force pulled together.

Eventually Louis wore himself out and fell asleep between Zayn and I, his head rested on my shoulder and his knees in Zayn's lap. All three of use had dried tears on our faces.

Zayn turned his head to look at me directly. "You still look good when your tears dry up." He laughed. "So I'm guessing you both got into that uni?" He added happily. I knew he was genuinely happy about it. "I remember when the three of us use to say we were going to live together after school."

I just nodded at the many memories from after school or at lunch or even in the middle of the night. "Zee, it's just a break. I want to reconnect after summer. I just need some time alone, like you said." I explained softly. I had been thinking about it a lot recently and I wanted to get back together with Zayn but now wasn't the right time. I still needed to heal because I was still hurt from the fact he cheated on me.

"I know li, I just miss you." He sighed. I missed him too.

***
my book randomly started getting a whole bunch of comments and views? like doubled over night? what ma'am i'm- i love y'all !!!!! there's only a few more chapters and i have a second book but do you even want it? it's very different and focuses on some other issues but idk if u even want it. let me know love you all