29

Song: old me by five seconds of summer
(A message from Louis)

Harry's pov
"I can't believe this is your last day here." I frowned as I snuggled into Louis' side. We were sitting outside under a tree today because we wanted to make our last lunch special.

"God, I wish I didn't encourage this. You have been all over each other this past week. It's sickening." Niall fake groaned even though I knew he was very happy for us.

Both Louis and I sent him fake pouts. "Aww is little Niall sad I took his Harry? Don't worry I won't completely steal him." Louis said with a load of fake sympathy.

"Yeah, says the guy who's going to make him disappear to the city every free second he gets." Niall retorted sarcastically. Everyone was smiling at the situation so I wasn't concerned about hurt feelings.

"Oi, I told you you were welcome to sleep on the couch! I just said you would have to be okay with two teenage girls and two hyper five year olds!" Louis exclaimed through laughs.

"So niall would fit right in." I added with a laugh to which Niall threw a fork at me. I will admit it kind of hurt.

After a few more minutes of banter a felt a presence behind me. A presence that silenced everyone, especially Liam. I turned around anxiously to see the Bradford boy behind me. "One last smoke behind the art rooms?" He asked nervously towards Louis.

Louis unlinked our hands before pressing a soft kiss to my hand. He then trailed off with zayn. I hoped zayn wouldn't say something dumb.

Louis pov
The other led me to the all to familiar spot. We found it about a year ago when we both started smoking. The teachers never looked behind here and neither did students so it was more than peaceful. It quickly became our spot.

"I'm going to miss this place." The other said quietly.

I let out a small scoff. "I don't think I will. I need to get out of this small town." I was somewhat shocked how easily conversation flowed between us.

Zayn just shook his head at my remark remembering when I said the exact same line when we were talking about what we wanted to be. I said a singer. They all thought I was joking and said I would miss the town we had all grown up in.

"I saw you and Harry got together. I'm proud of you Lou." He said truthfully before taking a drag of his cigarette. "But I got this really odd call from Harry the other night and it's probably nothing I just thought I'd tell you." He added in somewhat of a ramble.

"Yeah, I know. It was a dare." I laughed which cause zayn to give me a confused look before laughing along with me. "By the way. Liam still loves you and if it means anything I think you should go for him again." I said truthfully. "Just. Don't. Fuck. It. Up!" I broke it down so he understood how important it was.

"Thank you Lou. It does mean a lot." He smiled. "Also, all those other things I said. I didn't mean them I'm sorry." He said sadly.

I just rolled my eyes. "I'm over it now at least you didn't beat me." I laughed trying to ignore how sad the statement was.

Zayn nodded thankfully putting his cigarette out. "Also I'm sorry I wasn't there when you needed me most. When you...you know..." he said looking up to the top of the school.

I closed my eyes sadly. I really didn't want people knowing. "Liam told me. He actually kind of screamed it at me. Amongst other things."  He said picking up on my discomfort. I just nodded when as if on que the bell ring. I quickly wrapped my arms around zayn before we both went on with our days.

Liam's pov
As I packed my locker I felt a presence stand next to me. "I wish you two would quit smoking." I hummed turning to see the brunette boy packing his locker as well.

"If it wasn't for both of us smoking zayn would have never apologised." Louis said smartly as he took few things out of his locker.

I just nodded thankfully turning back to my locker. I pulled out everything only leaving a photo of Louis and I. Louis must have picked up on my silence and looked over my shoulder. "We met on the first day of school and are now graduating together." I laughed before putting it in my backpack.

Louis still seemed stunned by the photo. "Yeah, we did it. You've been with me through everything. Thank you for not giving up on me." He said truthfully with a sad smile playing on his lips.

I returned it softly. "I'll never give up on you Lou." I hummed.

We kept quiet for another minute before I saw a pair of arms snake around Louis' waist. His face practically lit up and the contact. "Hi baby." He laughed as he turned around in the others arms.

Harry leaned down and pressed a kiss to Louis' forehead. "Hi boobear." the tall boy laughed softly. I was honestly so proud of Louis. in the past week he had learned to accept himself. I had made sure he had a daily check in with his therapist everyday that week however. It was just a safety precaution to make sure he wasn't bottling up his feeling just to explode about it later that week. "Ready for me to walk you to your last class?" Harry asked with a loving smile on his face.

Louis just sent Harry a curt nod. "Yeah! Ready to be done with this prison." Louis' exclaimed excitedly as he slammed his locker shut. "Ready to go Liam?" Louis asked me.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I laughed nervously. To be honest I wasn't ready. After this my life could go two ways. Me, Louis and the rest of our friends could be stronger than anything or we could fall apart. I really hoped it was the first one.