18

Song: 10/10 by Rex Orange County
(A message from Louis to Harry)

Louis' pov    
Liam, Niall, Harry and I were all sprawled our between the two massive couches of Liam's living room. We had all decided that we had a long week and we needed to relax over a movie.

Niall and Harry had decided on some movie I had never heard of. Some kid ran away from her family and ends up in some small town and then she falls in love with some guy from village. It seemed boring to me but Harry's face lit up so much while Niall was explaining the plot.

About twenty minutes into the movie and nothing had happened. There was no troubles at home. So, why would she run away? I was bored but Harry was practically sitting on the edge of his seat.

It was all going well until we were about 25 minutes into the movie.

Liam's pov
I knew we shouldn't have watched this. I could sense this was coming. I cringed as the father laid punch after punch on the daughter. That when it snapped in my brain.

I looked over to Louis. He looked as if he had seen a ghost. I grabbed the remote off the table and paused it only to hear a chorus of 'no' from Niall and Harry. I didn't care. Louis was shaking like a leaf. "Bub, you alright?" I asked gently sitting beside him.

I put my hands around him but he flinched violently so I decided on just crouching in front of him so I could put my hands on his knees "It's Liam. Your alright. Nobody can hurt you. Your safe. Your at my house. The front gate is locked. So is the front door. The fence is too high to climb. We are in my living room. Harry's here. So is Niall." I explained in a soft voice putting his hand on my chest. The other two had gone completely silent. I remembered this would be there first time seeing this. I was somewhat numb to it but they must be scared shitless. "Breath with me." I said focusing on my breathing. He was eventually seeming to come back down. I kept all my focus on him. Not the boys around us.

I searched his eyes but all I saw was sadness. "Ni, can you go get a glass of water please?" Niall scurried off before I could even finish the sentence.

I looked over to see the other sixteen year old almost as pale as Louis. "It's okay. He's alright." I said softly making sure everyone was okay.

Harry didn't even seem to register my voice. "Liam, what's happening to him." He asked nervously picking at his nails.

I sighed sadly knowing he had no clue what was happening and that was the scariest part about these things. "It's an anxiety attack of sought. He isn't here with us, he's somewhere else." I explained. "I'm grounding him." I said gesturing at my hand. "You will see these often if you intend of hanging out with him." I added before focusing completely back on Louis.

By this point Niall had returned with the glass of water. I gestured for him to put it on the table and I whispered a small thanks. The blonde scurried over to sit back down next to Harry.

I knew Louis was beginning to realise where he was. "Hi." I said quietly. "You back with us?" I asked. He just nodded. Quite was bad. "Can you name five things in the room?"

The blue eyed boy scanned the room before starting. "Television. Coffee table. Couch. Rug. Painting." He deadpanned.

I nodded with satisfaction. "Have this." I hummed handing him the water. "Do you want to go lay down?" I added as I watched him sip the ice cold water. I knew how tired he got after having an anxiety attack. Emotionally and physically tired.

He usually doesn't take me up on the offer and instead falls asleep on the couch. So I was more than shocked when he nodded and walked up the stairs.

I turned to see the other  faces were pale and shocked. "Please don't treat him differently. It's his biggest fear." I said sadly picking up the half empty glass of water.

They all stayed silent, I understood that, it was scary. "Who traumatised him?" Harry asked suddenly. He looked about ready to cry or punch whoever hurt Louis.

I sighed sitting down beside him again. "I'm sorry Harry but I can't tell you. That's his job. He is safe now. He is getting help just please don't push him to open up." I said rubbing a hand over his knee before leaving to take the water into the kitchen.

I stood there for a moment against the sink. I may have been somewhat numb to the situation but i was still shaken every time. I wasn't alone for long however. Harry walked in moments after me.

"Are his sisters safe? He told me he has four sisters. Are they safe?" He asked coldly. That was a hard question to answer because I didn't even know. "Please Liam I just need to know that." He added in a sadder tone.

I sighed softly turning to the boy. "I can't answer that and it's not because I don't want to I just don't know. I'm almost definite they are because lou wouldn't leave them if they were in too much trouble. He loves those girls with his whole heart. He still goes to visit them once a week but he just can't live there anymore." I explained as vaguely as possible.

Harry didn't seem to find the comfort he was searching for in my words. "Liam, please just tell me how to help him." The boy begged.

I understood his emotions. I had the exact same ones a few months ago. "Just do what he asks. Go slow. He is so scared. More scared than you know so please just go slow. He will let his walls down at some point. I know I'm not giving you the answers you want but I just can't right now. All you need to know is he is safe." I explained trying to ease the nerves of the boy.

He just nodded. "I think Niall and I are going to head home. You seem tired." He said kindly with a small smile.