50

We started for the door and Crystal stopped, smiling over to Giorgia and Laurence. "Dinner was lovely, thanks for having me and it was nice meeting all of you."

"Of course!" Giorgia squealed, jumping towards Crystal and pushing me aside as she hugged her, it was almost fucking embarrassing.

I hugged Giorgia, then Sofia, skipping right past Stefano and that ridiculous fucking grin he was giving me. Shit, they all were giving me a ridiculous fucking grin and they were all staring down... at my hand over Crystal's. Jesus, the shit that entertained this family.

"Till next week," I called, raising my hand in goodbye as I reached for the door. "Dinner at my place."

I shot Laurence a look, hoping he understood that he was not fucking invited and he stepped closer, turning towards me.

"Hey, I'm sorry man. I thought she..."

"Watch your fucking mouth, I allowed this marriage and I'll allow a divorce too." I had tried with this fuck, over and over I have fucking tried, but now I was done.

Sofia grabbed the door, giving me a look, trying to tell me cool down. "Ciao."

She flashed her eyes back towards Giorgia then leaned into me so the others couldn't see her face. "Prima devo parlare con te. Maybe tomorrow?"

I nodded back then threw my arm around Crystal's waist, ushering her out the door and down the steps towards the awaiting cab.

"They're nice."

"They're all fucking crazy. We're all..." I corrected myself.

She slid into the cab, immediately slouching against me and dropping her head to my chest.

I understood it now. How the one could make the many disappear. I'd searched for chicks every minute of every fucking day, disposing of them just as quickly and I hadn't realized that I'd stopped, that the moment I met her my eyes slowed, the search had ended- it just took me a minute to realize it.

I grabbed her hand, whisking her out of the cab once it stopped at my building, and through the lobby, up the elevator then whirling her into my apartment.

I threw her back against the door, smacking her lips with mine, pushing my nose deep into her skin, inhaling her as I frantically felt up every inch of her body.

I only had a few more hours with her before she ghosted again, down to the village leaving the king all alone in his castle.

I hated this shit. It wasn't fair, especially tonight. I needed her. I needed those heavy thighs holding me down, keeping this fucking anxiety about tomorrow at bay. I just needed to hold her and feel her holding me, her leaving was the last thing I fucking needed to deal with right now. "Move in with me!"

"What?" She laughed against my lips and I stepped back, sliding my hands from her ass to her fingers.

"Let's go get your stuff, I want you to move in tonight." That would solve all this leaving bullshit.

"You're joking right?"

"Do I look like I'm fucking joking?"

"I can't move in with you Luca." She wasn't smiling, fuck she wasn't even thinking about- it was just a flat out refusal.