3 Weeks Later

"Mr. Clean!"

"Fuck off!" I locked my office door for the night, passing the crew of fucking laughing hyenas at their desks and James shot up, calling over to me.

"We're all heading out, you coming Mr. Clean? Celebratory drinks!"

"I'm Luca fucking Romano, have you seen me- every drink I take is celebratory."

"So that's a yes?"

"No! I've got a date with my girl tonight, you fuckers enjoy your sausage fest!" I raced to the elevator, heading right down to my awaiting car. "West village."

I hopped right out, anxious to see her and I raced up to the building, entering the code before knocking at her door.

"Good evening Luca," Amina smiled, swinging the door open and welcoming me in. "She's sleeping, they pushed a higher dose today."

"Okay, I'll take care of her."

"Are you still planning on taking her away this upcoming weekend?"

"Sure am!"

"Okay, then I'm going to head back to DC. Are you hungry? I made a delicious French dish."

Ugh. "No, I'm good thanks."

"It's lasagna Luca," she laughed, rolling her eyes just like her daughter.

"Thank god! I'm fucking starving... ugh I'm sorry." I was thirteen all over again, having to watch my fucking language in front of my girl's parents.

"I'm sorry is e pele," she corrected me, waving a finger in the air for me to repeat it.

"E pele," I repeated. Jesus Christ, the shit you did for love.

"You're just like my husband you know, Italian or nothing at all," she laughed as she disappeared into the kitchen.

"We're good men," I called back to her.

"Yes, you are." She walked back, handing me the bowl of pasta. "Take care of her."

"Always." I followed the hall back, the place was practically empty now that her cousin had moved out and soon this place would be gone entirely.

I carefully pushed the door open, dropping my bag to the floor and pulling out my laptop, setting it up on her bedside table.

Then I slid onto the bed next to her, curling her into me with one arm while reaching for my computer with the other and opening my emails, pulling up the report Gav had sent over earlier.

"Luca?" She barely whispered, no strength to even look up.

"I'm here baby, I've got you. Sleep it off. I'm just gonna do a little work tonight."

I looked down at her, then reached for her neck, adjusting the cornicello. "I love you and this weekend's gonna be fun. It's my, our, first Valentine's Day and I bought you something special."

I leaned down, kissing her forehead before grabbing up the remote. "And for tonight's date night, I was thinking we could do dinner and a movie."

I powered on the TV, turning it to the sports channel before reaching for my bowl of lasagna and resting my arm back over my girl. "But since you're sleeping, I'll choose the movie, how about.... Yankees spring training."

I felt her laugh against me and I tightened my grip on her. This weekend couldn't come fast enough!

The End.

This story is a spin-off of my Incidental Fate book series. Find it under my profile! Over 1 Million reads!!!

LUCA Books 2&3 are published and can be found on Amazon, Apple Books, and Google Play.

~~~~~
✔️ Follow my Wattpad profile for notifications when future books are released. (Or Instagram/@AuthorSummerLeigh)

💗 Thanks for reading and voting! Hope you enjoyed!