Chapter Two

Charlotte thrashed around her bed and then began sobbing then thrashed then repeat.
"Charli!" her Aunt Sulpicia grabs hold of Charli's body, her eyes flutter open, "I had a weally scwary dream" Charli begins to cry, "now now, it was just a dream" Sulpicia says, "It felt real...bewuz Awec attacked me"  "You're safe now. Uncle Aro has put Alec in a cell for a bit okay?" Charli just nodded her head. Throughout the day, "Aro, Charli is pretty traumatized and she keeps having reoccuring nightmares, and I'm beginning to get worried" Sulpicia explains her concern to Aro, "Perhaps I could use Chelsea to put her mind at ease?" Aro suggested, it had helped when Charlotte kept asking for her father. "No, this time we should handle it naturally" Sulpicia says, "Alright Dear" Aro says. Charlotte walked out of her bedroom and she followed her father's scent, "Charlotte" she heard Uncle Marcus call, "Yes?" she turned around, "what are you doing?" he asks, "I wanted to go find.....daddy" she looks to the ground, "now remember we talked about this? Your father is a busy man and he is just too busy to bother with you okay?" Marcus says, Charlotte just nodded and returned to her room, it was hopeless, she knew her father had zero ounce of love for her even if her Uncles, and Aunts tried to sugar coat it. She just didn't know why her father hated her... she laid on her bed and cried into her pillow, the last time she cried to see her father was when she was a year old which then she had said her first words, but somehow all of that seems hazy. Caius paused his reading as he had smelled Charlotte's scent near his door, but then it faded away, he was actually disappointed. In all of his years he's never been this disappointed, right he remembered that he told his brothers to keep Charli away from him as possible so he could have  little to no contact. Her birthday is tomorrow, I'll take good care of Charlotte like Athenodora had requested. I'm sorry darling for not up holding your wish. I will cherish every moment I have with her. He got up from his chair and walked out of his bedroom, he decided to walk to his daughter's room, this time he had a reason.
Charlotte was one hundred percent sure that she caught a whiff of her father's scent outside her door, she became excited that her father would see to her, but then reality hit. He doesn't love me she repeated in her head, then she went to her bed and put covers over herself and pretended to sleep. After a few moments she heard the door creak open, her father walked towards her bed then sat on the edge of her bed, she tried her best not to make a sound except for breathing ones. "I guess you must be tired from today, and your late night occurrences" Caius began "I'm glad you're sleeping soundly now" he continued, somewhat hoping his daughter would hear him and wake up, "I've got business to attend but I'll be around if you need me" Caius says then stands up from the bed leans over Charlotte's head and gives her a kiss on the head. He then turned away and closed the door. Charlotte never felt this warmth when her father kissed her on the head, she wanted to get up and run to him, but she suddenly repeated to herself that it was just an illusion since she hasn't drank anything. Eventually after twenty minutes of napping she awoke somehow when she faked sleeping it led to a real sleep.
She sat up on her bed and began rubbing her eyes, she went over to her dresser and grabbed her mom's necklace, she ran out of her room and skipped down the corridors then turned left to go to Uncle Aro's chamber. She knocked and nothing happened, then she opened the door and found Uncle wasn't there, she sighed getting all impatient, she ran to the throne room, to her surprise they were in the middle of a trial with this one man kneeling to the ground, she backed away slowly but the attention was already on her, "Ah! My favourite niece" Her Uncle Aro says stepping off his throne, Charlotte stopped moving backwards and ran to her uncle, "Uncle is this bad timing?" she asks, "well at the moment yes, but since it's you I'd like your input on this man's testimony" Aro gestured to the man kneeling to the ground, Charlotte follows where Uncle's hand was showing, "did he ask for death?" she whispers, she had studied the past trials and knew some procedures. Charlotte cleared her throat, ready to act professional, She went near the man kneeling, "You shouldn't get too close" Uncle Marcus interjected, "It's okay Uncle" she says then looks back at the man, "Sir, what is your name?" she asks looking at the man, "My name is Edward Cullen" the man says, "well then Edward Cullen, why do you testify to die?" Charli asks in a professional manner she could see Uncle Aro, and Marcus beam with joy, and she noticed her father, Caius smile a little but she tried to shake it off. "I've been told that my soulmate has died" Edward says defeated. Charlotte then got close to Edward's face, "Are you sure she is dead? And if so do you have any evidence." Charli asks then moves away from his face, "Well, my Sister Alice is a forteller.." Edward trails off, "Uncle Marcus what is a For-teller?" she turns her head to her uncles, Aro steps in and says "It means Alice can see the future."
If she is able to see the future will she know if my father would love me? Charlotte thought then shook her head and returned to face Edward. "Do you have full proof what your sister says is true?" "Alright, Charli I think Edward is exhausted." Aro says, "No! I am not finished with him" Charlotte raised her voice, Aro is taken back a little, "Sorry, It's just we don't know if she's dead, I say let the man live" Charlotte firmly says then runs out of the throne room, Aro looks at Marcus, "Very well" Aro says, "Young Man, if you don't find proof that she is dead, you're testimony will be expired." Aro continues, Caius stands up from his throne and he was surprised that Charlotte would go against Aro or raise her voice, I guess she really is my daughter Caius thought then began to chuckle, "Brother, what is funny?" Aro asks "The scene that just happened" Caius says then goes back to his cold composure, "I see" Is he acknowledging his daughter now? Aro thought but didn't push the subject. "And if I don't?" Edward interjects, "Then you'll be apart of the guard" Aro simply said, Edward just nodded, "If she is alive?" Edward asked, "Then you'll change her" Marcus answers for his brother. "You are dismissed." Aro says then Felix and Alec came and grabbed Edweard. Charlotte noticed Edward was dragged out, the Trial must be over! She exclaimed then she ran back into the throne, "Uncle Aro could you put the necklace on?" Charli asked "Is this what you wanted from the start?" Aro chuckle, "Yes! Now just put it on" she demands, "Yes! Madam" Aro lifts Charli's long hair up and put the necklace on her, then let her hair down. Caius witnessed the two, he felt a pang of jealousy, Marcus looked over at Caius, Caius just cleared his throat. "Next time we have a trial, simply go back to your room" Caius said, Charlotte looked at him for a second, Had he just talked to me again? Charli looked away fast then looked up at Uncle Aro, "Yes?" he asked, "I want to perform my Alphabet to you and Auntie!" Charli exclaims, "ah yes! Sulpicia told me" Aro replies, "C'om on!" Charli drags her uncle. "Alright, alright" Aro says. Caius was debating whether or not to go watch the performance but after noticing the distant in her eyes he decided not to. Just go she probably won't notice Caius finally followed where Aro was taken. Marcus found it odd, and he felt his feelings for Charlotte change. "Q R S T U V, W X Y and Z!" Charli finishes, "Bravo!" Aro claps his hands then he noticed Caius standing in the back, "that was lovely, Charli" Sulpicia says "Thank you!" Charli beams then she saw her father, and her face turned red. DId my father just watch me sing? Oh no what if he really hates me now Charli thought, Caius read her mind "I didn't hear all of it. But you did good" he says "thank you.." Charli quietly says, "I'm proud of you, for what you did earlier" Caius continues, Charli really thought she was hallucinating, "Uncle Aro I don't think I'm seeing or hearing clearly"  Charli says, "You are. I'm sorry" Caius says then brings Charli in for a hug then gives her a kiss on the head. Aro was really losing it. Had the cold Caius just hug his daughter? Aro mentally said to Sulpicia, I think so and I'm glad actually Sulpicia returned the mental message. Charli froze, she didn't know what do, her father just pulled her in for a hug, her mind was running wild, "...Daddy?" Charli says, "Yes? Piccolo" Caius releases Charli and looks her in the eyes, She has Athena's eyes... Caius studied his daughter's facial expression,
Charli ran out of the room and ran as fast as she could to her bedroom. "Caius, what's the sudden change of heart?" Aro asks, "Athena, wished for me to take good care of Charlotte.. But I failed in doing that" Caius sighed, "well brother, what you did was a step in the right direction" Aro says giving his brother a pat on the shoulder. Charlotte buried her face into the pillow, No her father couldn't possibly hug her she was still in disbelief, then she heard her door creak open, "Charlotte" Caius says standing by the door, I've always wanted his affection, so why won't I just be happy that he's here! Charlotte sat up on her bed and wiped her tears away, she looked at her father, she was in the same room face to face with her father. Her father walked towards her and held out a kleenex and wiped away the tears on her face, she sat there in disbelief, "It pains me to see you hurting.." Caius says, "Why would you care" Charli blurted, Caius felt anger boil in him, he was trying to mend a relationship and his daughter dares accuse him of not caring, "Because I am your Father" he sternly said, Charlotte covers her mouth and moves away from her father, I' like it better when he didn't acknowledge me Caius inhaled and looked at his daughter, fear was written all over her face, "I told Marcus, to give you all these gifts" Caius pointed to the necklace on her chest, trying to ease the mood,  she looked down, and looked back up at her father, "You gave me this?" she wanted to clarify, "Yes, I'm sorry I neglected you" Caius stroked his daughter's hair, Charlotte flinched, Caius sighed, "if you need me, I'll be in my office" he says then leaves his daughter to her dwelling. The Following day, July 23rd, 2016. Charlotte woke up and ran out of her chamber, "I'm 7 years old now!" she exclaimed to one of the guards, "Congratulations, Princess" the red haired guard says, "Could you be less quiet." another guard who was Jane, Charlotte shrunk back, "Yeah, that's what I thought" Jane says, "But It's my birthday!" Charlotte innocently said, "Well, Princess I don't care, and Nor does your father!" Jane yelled hovering over Charlotte, Charlotte's eyes became blurry with tears foaming, "Hey Jane you should just leave her be" the red hair guard says, "Felix Shut Up, it's her fault that Athenodora died!" Jane shouted, Charlotte looked at her hands and began to feel pain, "Yes you should feel the pain I felt when you killed her!" Jane used her powers on Charlotte, "Stop that right now!" Felix got between Jane, and Charlotte, "It's her fault that Athenodora is gone!" Jane angrily said, Charlotte began sobbing "stop! it - it hurts" Charlotte fell to the floor in agonizing pain, "Stop that now!" Felix pushed Jane aside, Jane lost her balance and concentration, Charlotte tried to recalculate what just happened, "You're father, has no love for you. You really should just die" Jane bitterly said
"Jane!" Alec came and noticed the princess on the ground, "What have you done to her?" he shouted at his sister, "I just used my power" Jane proudly said, "I'm getting Caius" Felix says, "Why? Her father doesn't care" Jane says then she walked over to Charlotte, "And your father wished you were dead too." Jane plastered a smug face. Charlotte couldn' feel her hands and she closed her eyes, "Jane!" Caius came rushing, "M-Master?" Jane turned to Caius, "Felix told me what happened." Caius menacingly said, "I'm sorry Master, It got the best of me" Jane pleaded her case, "Does that give you any right to inflict pain on my daughter!" Caius yelled, Jane never seen Caius get mad at her once, Caius picked up Charlotte, he began to walk to the infirmary, Aro noticed Charlotte in Caius's arms almost lifeless, "What happened?!" Aro asked with concern, "Jane inflicted pain upon Charlotte" Caius said, putting his hand on Charlotte's forehead, "JANE" Aro hollered, marching towards her, "You've touch my beloved niece" Aro  coldly said, making Jane shrink back and fear struck her face, "I-I just told her the truth" Jane says, "You did exactly what?" Aro glared, "she needed to know that she killed her mother" Jane looked down at the ground, "You've could have killed Athena's CHILD" Aro yelled  "I wasn't in the right mindset..." Jane pleaded, "Go! Take her to her chambers and I'll decide her punishment after." Aro slapped Jane across the face and went back to check on Charlotte. "How is she brother?" Marcus said with concern, "she is traumatized and she hasn't moved one bit" Aro replies, "Oh my poor niece" Sulpicia said. It was all a act my father put up. If I killed my mother... then that makes me a murderer... Father has the right to hate me, matter of fact I should fly with the birds. Charlotte fluttered her eyes open and began to cry,
"Charli!" Caius rushed to her side noticing that she has awakened up. Charlotte couldn't resist the need to be held by her father, she flung herself at her father, Caius held his daughter and pressed her close to his chest as she continued to cry burying herself in his chest, "I'm sorry you're in this state" Caius stroked Charlotte's hair, Alec, Jane their both monsters Charlotte thought then she grabbed a fistful of her father's shirt, after awhile Charlotte cried herself to sleep and she laid her head in the crook of her father's neck. Caius walked to his chamber and laid Charlotte on his bed, he tucked her in and then quietly walked out the room, Charlotte whimpered at the loss of her father's touch.