Chapter Six

Charlotte's POV
I yet again fell asleep, I'm not sure when my father finished his call but I ended up leaning on him, then a few hours or so we made it to Washington Airport, It seems the Cullens came to pick us up, they had a long limo prepared, I held onto my butterfly stuff animal, "Welcome to Washington, America" Carlisle introduced, "ooh come on let's go shopping!" Alice squealed, "Honey let's have them get adjusted" the blonde male said, I remember seeing him visiting a couple years ago with the whole Edward situations, I looked around, Washington was very different from Volterra, I was so excited to go exploring, "Princess Charlotte, It's great to meet with you again" Bella says, I was busy looking around I hadn't notice that we were already in the limo, I sat next to my father, "Where's this supposed immortal child?" my father begins to say, "The Child is back at home with Esme, and Rosalie, and her husband Emmet" Carlisle says, "Very well then" My father takes off his suit jacket, I grabbed his suit jacket and attempted to wear it, "Let me help you" my father says helping me put my arms through the arms of the jacket, "Charlotte how have you been?" Carlisle asks, I thought about the time I had that fight with my dad and I was debating whether to say the truth or just be vague, "I've been good" I said, "That's good" Carlisle says, I looked out the window then looked around the limo, I had realized I was surrounded by gods, and goddesses, I wasn't as beautiful as them, I eventually fell asleep.
Caius's POV
I carried my daughter's stuff out of the jet and I loaded it into the limo, that the Cullens prepared, I sat in my seat across from Edward, and Bella, and Carlisle, my daughter situated herself next to me while staring out the window then a few moments of driving she was passed out, "All that girl does is sleep" I said aloud, I saw Carlisle chuckle at my comment, "does she always sleep against you?" Bella inquired, I looked at the brown haired woman, "Yes, it's a habit of hers" I replied, she had borrowed my suit jacket as soon as I took it off, I would be lying If I didn't say it was adorable, but I had to keep up with my appearances, If I show my soft side then they won't be scared of me, The limo pulled up to the Cullens Resident, their Mansion was up to my standard but it wasn't as magnificent as my Volterra Estates, The door was opened for us to get out by my Trusted Guard, Afton. I picked my daughter out of the seat and carried her for the remaining part till she woke up, "this is really big" my daughter says, yawning. I set her down, "Without any further questions, let's go take a look at the child" I said, "Right this way" Afton says, Once we walked into the estate there was a big living room and then I saw Rosalie sitting next to the child, she had curly hair, and almost looked like Edward, "Renesmee, this is Caius Volturi" Carlisle says, it appears the child was a bit shy at first then extended her hand out, I wanted to chuckle but I remained in a calm posture, "You must be the infamous child I've been hearing about" I shook her hand, the child nodded, she seemed to be a few years younger than my daughter, "Hi, I'm Charlotte" my daughter introduced herself, the child seemed to be more relaxed with my daughter, I was proud at my daughter for taking initiative.
Charlotte's POV
I looked around the room and decided to introduce myself to Renesmee. After we adjusted, My father was going to take me shopping, "Mom can I go with the Volturis?" I heard Renesmee ask, She's got a mother... she's just like me but she didn't kill her own mother like me.. I felt my throat tightened , No I wasn't going to be crying, "Yeah daddy let's have a combine shopping" I said, "well it does make things lot easier for me then" my father agreed, Bella, Edward, and Renesmee went with us to go shop, I walked into Perda clothing store, and began to browse,
I was getting really annoyed that Renesmee was following everywhere I went, I'm thinking that my father went off to chat with Edward, "You're really pretty" Renesmee said, I didn't look at her "Grazie" I said still looking at the clothes, "Are you King Caius's daughter?" Renesmee asked, By now I was pretty irritated, "Si" I simply said, "You look like him" she continues, I didn't respond, I was getting fed up since I always hear that, I grabbed a few bundle of shirts, then dresses, then I moved onto shoes which that little girl kept following me, "can't you go look for something you want?" I finally snapped, "I like your sense of style" Renesmee says, "just stop bothering me" I said then walked to my father, "Dad I'm ready to check out" my father glanced at me then gave me the approval, he handed me his credit card. "Renesmee let's go check out some new Pj's" I heard Bella say to Renesmee, I clenched the clothes I was holding, I gave it to the merchant, I swiped the card and gathered my clothes, then Renesmee came skipping towards me, "Hey I like your necklace" she says, I look down I was wearing my mom's necklace and the necklace me and dad bought together, "Thank you" I said, "Where does this piece connect to?" Renemsee touched the half heart necklace, I stepped back "The other half is on my dad" I said, "Me and my mother should get one too!" Renesmee went back to Bella, I felt envious of her, She has a mother, I don't I was on verged of tears but then I heard Bella call for me, "Your father is waiting outside the store for you" "Oh okay" I said then walked to where father was, "I'm done shopping" I said giving the bags to my father, "Dad! I got matching necklaces for me and mommy!" Renesmee showed, "What about me?" Edward said a bit hurt, then gave Renesmee a pat on the head. I stopped prying into their life, I grabbed hold of my father's hand, "So it seems there isn't an immortal child," my father said with a bit of disappointment.
Caius's POV
I wanted to confirm that Renesmee is a hybrid so I discussed things with Edward just outside the store that my daughter, and Edward's family was in to, every now and then I would glance to see what my daughter was up to. "Edward, I respect you for keeping your words" I shook hands with him, "Thank you Sir" Edward shook hands with me, then my daughter came walking to me with a partial cart full of clothes and saying she's done shopping, so I of course gave her the credit card "No disrespect for you sir, but I'd never imagine Princess Charlotte to be your daughter, she's a spitting image of you I give you that" Edward says "No disrespect at all" I proudly said, then after a few moments I told Edward to tell his wife that I'll be waiting for my daughter, then within moments my daughter came to me, "i'm done shopping" she says handing me all the bags, but I felt something was off on her, then I saw her look over at Renesmee, and her mother Bella, I realized what she had felt, when she grabbed my hands as we departed from the store. We finally made it back to the Cullen's resident, I saw my daughter walk upstairs and heading into the direction of the guest bedroom we were staying in, well at least for her. I stayed in the living room, "what's wrong with Charlotte" Renesmee asked her father, "you should go check on her then" Edward replied, I stood up "I'll go check on my daughter" I said, beginning to walk upstairs, I heard her crying, I opened the guest bedroom door, "Piccolo what's the matter?" I asked already knowing the answer already, "why does Renesmee have a mother" she cried
.
.
.
Is that Envy I smell? Hmmm