Chapter Five

The Cullens left, and Edward kept his words, and Charlotte is still traumatized of Jane, and Alec, It's been 2 years now, and this month is St. Marcus Week, people all over Italy, arrived at Volterra, It was gonna be her first time outside the Volterra castle.

"Daddy what are the people like?" she asked, the feud between her, and Caius finally came to a resolve, "They are very greedy people" Caius replies, "Charlotte under any circumstances you will stay very close to me" Caius continues, "But I wanna explore" Charlotte says, "I'm not risking to lose you" Her father says, Charlotte lets out a long sigh, "You still sleep in my chamber" Her father reminded her, "Humph, I'll sleep in my own room!" Charlotte made a fist in the air, "We'll see, about that" Caius said, "What! You don't believe me?" Charlotte asked, "It's not that I don't believe you, I'm not fully convince" Caius simply said, "Okay I'll prove to you tonight" she says, "I'll be looking forward to it then" Caius gave his daughter a pat on the head.

"Uncle Marcus can't you believe people celebrate you??" Charlotte remarked, "Yes, and It's nice to hear them praise me, but it does get tiring" Marcus replies, "Let's go explore!" Charlotte grabs hold of her father's hand, "I need to go put on my cloak" Caius says, Charlotte slows down then she decides to grab a blood bag and begins to drink it, then Caius comes back and notices his daughter drinking out of the blood bag, "Who said you could have that without sharing some with me?" Caius said a bit hurt, "Oh, sorry" Charlotte hands the blood bag over "I finished my portion you can have the rest" "thank you" eventually they made it outside of the castle, and the people began to crowd the King and Princess, Charlotte felt a bit shy and hid under her father's cloak. After leaving the castle and exploring the market places, "daddy look at this necklace! Oh and there's a matching one too! It connects" Charli points to the two necklaces that is in shape of a heart.

"We'll take this set of necklaces" Caius told the merchant, "That'll be 16.50 Euro" The merchant said, "Let's put it on!" Charli grabbed her half of the necklace which says Always- and her father had the Together. The long day came to an end, and they safely made it back to the castle.

The sun just set, and Charlotte noticed dark clouds began to form, "well it's time for bed" Caius said, "I am not tired" Charlotte insisted, Caius raised an eyebrow, "I'll go get my jammies on!" Charlotte quickly ran to her bedroom, she knew that look when her father would have to forcibly make her go to bed, Charlotte slowly brushed her teeth, and slowly got into her jammies she looked out at the sky it was getting real dark. "You better be out of the bathroom in 10 seconds now" Caius said, Charlotte ran out of the bathroom, "Are you sure, you can manage?" Caius asked while leaning on Charli's dresser, "Uh-huh" Charli nodded, "alright" Caius came over to Charli's bedside and kissed her good night, "Can you read me a story?" she asked, Caius looked at the clock, "I'm afraid not, it's a bit late" he says, "Okay" Charli gave up, she was scared to be left alone, "Sweet Dreams, Piccolo" Her father stood up and turned the lights off and closed her door.

Charli tossed and turned then lightning struck, then her whole room lit up she put the covers over her, but the thunder boomed and it clapped, Charli was getting hot under the covers so she got out of them and then boom the room lit up and she swore she saw a figure stand in the corner of her room, then it lit up again and the figure was gone, throughout the whole night Charli became restless, she grabbed her blanket and hugged it, but the lightning and thunder kept getting louder, she looked at the clock and then the lightning lit the room and the clock looked like it had a face on it, she blinked and the face of Alec was still there, then she saw Jane's face, she was scared out of her skin, she put the blanket around her and got off her bed and made a B-line to her door then the thunder clapped which made her hurry more, while running through the halls she kept on seeing Jane's face then Alec's and then she saw Alec's eyes turn red, without knocking on her father's door, she bursted in his room, and jumped onto her father's bed, "Piccolo?" Her father mused as he saw her fly in his room, "Daddy" Charli made out, her father sat on the edge of his bed, Charli crawled onto her father's lap, "Were you not able to fall asleep?" her father stroked her head, "It was scary" Charli says, "well weren't you gonna prove to me that you're able to sleep in your own room now?" Caius said, knowing full well he had won. Charli shook her head, "My room is very scary" she quivers her lips, Caius noticed and he stopped teasing, he embraced his daughter in a hug, "What was scary about it?" Caius asked, "I saw things, no I saw like figures and I saw Alec's face then Jane's" Charli replied resting her head on her father's chest, "Shall we have a look?" He said, Charli nodded, Caius stood up and set his daughter down, then he opened his door and they began to walk down the corridor, Charli clung onto her father's leg "See there is nothing scary here" Caius says, "Look! I just saw a figure!" Charli says, "I don't see anything" Caius looked around,
He entered his daughter's room, "The clock just had a face! Look the window almost opened" Charli exclaimed, Caius looked, "Honey I'm not seeing any of this" he said in defeat because he wasn't able to help her, Caius checked under the bed, "No monsters here" Caius said, he was about to laugh because he was the only monster in the room.