Chapter 43

Please Have Audio On for this chapter.
Thank you.
Special Shoutout! Charl0tte003

Charlotte's POV

I can't say I wasn't mad at Eleazar but I was starting school in the middle of the session and there wasn't anyway to avoid him.

But I was more nervous on how the kids would be like.

I had picked out jeans and a brownish-orange cardinal along with a white blouse.

I put aside that fact I hated him for leaving me alone.

So I did ask if he would pick me up at 3:30.

After the incident he's been at my side. I really couldn't stay mad at him if I wanted to..

I walked into the science room.

The teacher announced everyone that I was a new transfer student.

"I am Charlotte Denali" I introduced myself.

I was asked to be seated next to a girl with blonde hair and had a high ponytail.

The girl next to me kept on wanting to talk with me but I just ignored her.

You could describe me as aloof but I didn't care what others thought of me.

"Now class explain to me how the mRNA plays a role in the DNA sequence" The teacher asked.

No one in the classroom raised their hand... so I took the initiative and put my hand up.

"Yes Charlotte" the teacher called on me.

"The mRNA carries genetic information copied from the DNA in the form of a series of three-base-code, 'words,' each of which specifies a particular amino acid." I answered.

The teacher was shocked.

"Very good, Charlotte you are on point" the teacher praised me.

I curtly nodded.

Soon the class was over.

"Woah not even the smartest kid in our classroom could explain" the girl that sat next to me said to another person.

Then that person clenched their fist. They probably are the supposed smartest kid.

"Charlotte's just a nerd" that person said.

But I had to join in on their conversation.

"If you call me a nerd... wouldn't that mean you're a nerd too?" I asked then passed them to get to my next class.

Eventually it was lunch time.

I walked to my locker and put my binders away.

Then I saw a familiar looking boy walking up to me.

"So we meet again" the familiar person said.

It's Daxon... I clicked my tongue.

"You seem to have a bad temperament" he continued to say.

"What do you want" I said.

"Nothing, It's just funny to bump into you again" he said.

"Daxon then would you like to have lunch with me" I sarcastically said.

"Sure" he said happily.

What. doesn't he know I was only joking? "Come on it's not everyday you see me accepting lunch requests" I rolled my eyes.