Chapter 24

Slowly arriving at the castle I saw my father standing there.

He didn't look happy.

Does he know the events of last night? Thoughts began to race through my head.

Afton opened the door for me and I stepped out.

"Daddy why did you summon me during class?" I asked, keeping a neutral tone.

"Is there something you'd like to tell me?" he gave me that look.

I gulped, if I tell him a lie he'll be more irritated...

and I'm not a little child anymore so the consequences are greater.. I exhaled.

"Yes.." I said, we walked to his office and he closed the door behind me.

"Begin" he said.

I looked around, but what I did wasn't wrong was it?

"Last night I wasn't able to sleep, and you haven't answered my question as to why she is here or what she is to you, so I took the initiative and went into the Dungeon and found out the woman is named Maria, I lied to her about you being in pain because of her presence..." I trailed off I glanced up at his face, his expression didn't change.

"Then she suddenly got excited, like she was in pain too... and I didn't think what I said was valid so I just went with the flow and walked out, I'll accept any punishment" I looked down.

I saw him get up from his seat.

"I will not sugar coat this, but what you did was very wrong. And I was quite furious, I even thought of barging into your class. But that wasn't rational" He began to say.

"But, I'm proud of you for telling me the truth, if you were to lie things would've gone differently" he continued. I shuddered at the word 'differently'

"Charlotte, I know you are a very inquisitive child." He says

"But sometimes curiosity kills the cat." He continued.

"And, I see that you have your necklace back" he softens his gaze

I looked at him.

"I saw Chloe wearing it to school... then Spencer confronted her since I told him about what my necklace looks like then he basically humiliated her in front of the whole school, but I was really happy because I got it back" I rambled on with one breath.

"I'm glad you handle it well. I won't punish you for a mere mistake because I made a couple of mistakes, so we'll be able to go to the amusement park" he says.

"Thank you Daddy." I said, then I saw him plaster a grin.

"Now tell me did I scare you?"

I scanned him then finally responded, "Yes. you really did scare me because you sent Afton" I said.

"Well I took some acting lessons" He begins to say.

"Dad! You really had me panicking" I threw a sofa pillow at him.

"Now go back to school" he says.

I groaned, "I'll see you later, Daddy dearest" I said in a posh accent.

******

"Hey so what happened? And to have your father order a bodyguard to fetch you. Your family must be powerful" Spencer says.

The driver stepped out and opened the door for me.

"You were saying?" I could see his mouth was moving but I couldn't hear it.

"What happened?" he asked.

then the driver pulled away from the school.

"I maybe just a tad bit got in trouble" I said using my index finger and thumb to show him how much trouble I got in.

then he grinned, "Wow I didn't take the sweet Charlotte to provoke her father" Ethan chimes.

"That Rolls Royce was pretty snazzy like you even got a chauffeur" Ethan pouts.

"Hey you probably have that too" I said.

"Yeah your right, but to ride a rolls royce" Ethan trails off.

"Hey we could go ride in it next week" I said.

"Yes! That'll be great" Ethan said.

"Jeez. I think you care more about hanging with the car than me" I pouted.

Ethan looked around.

"Hey I think the washer called me" he raced away.

I rolled my eyes.

"I'm glad you're okay," Spencer says.

"Yeah thanks it's not a big deal" I said.

But apparently I'm the talk of the show. At school.

"Everyone is talking about you, and trying to figure out who you are," Spencer says as we walk into the school.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah on top of all that you didn't mention that you're insta famous!" he exclaims.

I blushed.

"Well there isn't really that much to boast about myself, besides which it's best to remain a mystery right?" I turned to face him.

"Yeah, you're right. I don't like girls who fling themselves at me" Spencer shrugs.

"Good" I walked to my class.

Spencer is really a good kid. I wonder how he got the label of playboy...

School went on like usual.

We had a little more homework than yesterday, I really like going to private schools.

If private school is this fun? I wonder how a public school is..
*******

"Absolutely not! Letting you go to a private school was a big step for me, and public school?!" My father shook his head and rubbed his temple.

"Dad why not?" I asked.

"Don't you like it there at the private school? I thought you made friends with the boys" he said.

"Dad, I just want to have fun," I explained.

"No. and that is final" He said then motioned me out of his office.

I sighed, I strolled back to my room.

"I'm bound to live forever, so can't I enjoy a little human moment?" I said aloud then flopped on my bed, today was a very eventful day.

I don't even know what my issue is with that Chloe girl.

I guess I can have my fair share of fun in high school.

I sat up on my bed and walked over to my desk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Is Spencer Charlotte's newly found crush? Or could it still be unknown??? And does Spencer like Charlotte??
Plz! Voteeeee ⭐️⭐️😇