Chapter 37

Eleazar's POV
It's been a few days since Charlotte came.

I was actually surprised that Charlotte had agreed to talk with me alone.

We made it to my study room.

"Charlotte please make yourself comfortable" I said gesturing to the sofa.

I went over to the mini fridge and grabbed a pitcher of water and poured it into a glass.

I made it back to the sitting area.

"Charlotte, thank you for taking your time to talk with  me" I said handing the glass of water to her.

"It's not like I had a choice.." she mumbles.

I sat across from her.

I set the pitcher on the coffee table.

"Charlotte, I apologize for not visiting with you soon" I begin to say.

While she was taking a sip of water she placed it on the coffee table quickly.

"It's fine if that's what you wanted to talk about. I'll go" she says getting up.

I sighed.

"If it was fine you wouldn't be reacting this way" I stated.

Then she sat back on the sofa.

She twiddled with her thumbs.

"It doesn't matter how small or big but it was a promise and I broke that" I continued.

"So what? It's in the past. And I was 3 years old" she snapped.

"Charlotte, I want to fix things between us" I said.

She chewed on her lips.

"What's there to fix" she finally said.

"I don't know when the war will be over. But I don't want to be of discomfort towards you" I said getting up from my seat and going towards where she is sitting.

"What are you doing" she says scooting further away from me.

"I want to rekindle our relationship" I sat down on the same sofa.

"What's done has been done." she said.

"Charlotte, please let your guard down" I sighed.

"I'm fine! It's in the past" Charlotte continues to put a barrier around me.

"I know that there is something bothering you" I said.

"Oh that's great. Should I give you a medal for being a top detective?" she sarcastically said.

I felt hurt.

I pulled her into a hug.

She froze.

"I'm sorry. I'll make up for the loss time" I said putting my hand on the back of her head.

"I- I waited" she says with her voice cracking.

I rubbed circle around her back.

"I should've contacted you" I softly said.

Then everything that she had suppressed came out of her.

She was bawling and kept on hitting me on my chest but it did not impact me.

"You made me- lose- trust in people" she bawled.

I sighed.

"Scold me if you like but I'm not going to let you out of my sight" I said.

Shortly after letting everything out.