Chapter 16

Maria's POV
I didn't know how to feel when I saw his daughter.

but there was something about her.

when I looked into her eyes I saw a little girl who was carefree.

but then she looked at me and I saw her that her face remained neutral.

I'm not sure how Caius raised her but she is a spitting image of him.

I was pleading to her with my eyes but she looked at me weirdly.

then I saw Caius turn his body towards her.

then he spoke words I couldn't understand but I knew he was Italian so he must be speaking Italian.

then I saw him drape his jacket over his daughter.

"Go to my room" he told her.

I didn't want her to leave but she made no efforts of protesting.

so she just obeyed, Is Caius's daughter scared of him? Thoughts were running in my head.

Then while being dragged to the dungeons I met with her again

only to find her wearing a man's shirt and she had no pants on.

I stared at her, then she asked the guards a question.

"Felix, where is my father" she had asked.

ah the red haired guard was named Felix then, but he didn't respond and just stared at her.

but I was staring at her too.

"FELIX ANSWER ME GOD DANG IT" She raised her voice.

right at that moment she reminded me so much of Caius.

then when I was staring much longer she practically glared at me.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?" she yelled at me.

I just looked away fast.

I saw Caius's face appear on her face.

the little girl I saw in her was now gone.

I couldn't recognise that kind face anymore.

After an hour being stuck in the cell I couldn't help but hear that little girl's voice again.

"MOVE OUT OF MY WAY" the girl probably shouted at one of the guards.

but I didn't hear any response then what came out of her mouth made me gasp, "I want to see who this vile woman is!" by the sound of her voice she was menacing which Caius was good at doing that too.

I was really beginning to wonder how special she was to Caius.

However apparently the threatening tone worked because I heard the dungeon doors open I saw the girl walking with her head held high.

then she looked at the guards, "Leave." she said to them and with one word they all scurried away.

I blinked several times to remove Caius's face on hers.

"Why are you in here? Are you another one of my father's concubines" she asked me, then she titled her head, "but judging from you, you don't look like a concubine" she said,

Caius had Concubines? Even when he has a daughter? I thought then I looked at the girl's face.

she resembled Caius very much.

"talk. I have zero patience left, oh and DO NOT SAY I LOOK LIKE A SPITTING IMAGE OF MY FATHER, IN FACT IF YOU HAVE ANY THING AGAINST HIM, I'm not like him" the girl yelled at me but she spoke in a inaudible voice at the end.

I happened to pick up what she said, then I stared at her.

"Well if you aren't like him, how come you get angered easily?" I asked.

just when she was about to answer the dungeon doors swung open and there stood.

Caius. He rushed to his daughter.

"Charlotte Athena VOLTURI What in gods are you doing here?!" He ran his fingers through his hair.

I was looking to see the girl's response by now most people or vampires would shrink away but she didn't.

"Daddy dearest, I just wanted to know who this vile woman was, but it seems there's nothing to know" she simply said.

I was flabbergasted.

I saw her father's eyes softened.

that girl didn't mention that I had asked her a very provoking question? I was beginning to rethink of her.

"I forgot to mention earlier but is that my shirt your wearing?" Caius asks while lifting the hem of the shirt.

"Yes, Dad" the girl lamely said.

so it seems their relationship is really special.

Then the girl began to scream in pain "OW! DAD MY STOMACH HURTS" she clutches her stomach.

I was wondering what Caius would do, usually he likes to see people suffer.

"Honey?" he said in a panic voice he picked the girl up and ran out of the dungeon.

well I'd say that was quite a show I sighed, now there was nothing happening.

but I was kinda concerned in what happened to the girl.

but I was really astonished that Caius began to panic as if the world was coming to an end.

I sighed, I missed my Caius, but then again it was Vladmir who made me hurt Caius.

But sadly Vladmir was killed and I just mourned his death silently.

it had been my fault that I put him in such a position.

I was really surprised Caius didn't execute me first.

I looked at my hands, and my execution date is already set... soon I'll join you love.

That was impossible once vampires got executed they no longer exist, not even their souls.

Maybe I could use the little girl as a leverage.

I grinned, if she is able to sympathize with me then he has no choice but not to kill me.

and if he does then his daughter would be deeply upset.

this is a perfect plan!

I clapped my hands.

~~~~~~
How is Maria going to pull this off?