Chapter 41

Charlotte's POV

When I found out that Eleazar knew me before I was 3 I didn't know how to react at first I was mortified that he changed my diapers but then I felt sad.

Because If he had stuck around much longer I would've lived a blissful life without ever feeling like a outcast in my family.

Yes they all loved me.

But it wasn't the same coming from Eleazar.

When I was 3 years old he was like my ultimate hero, and I guess a crush.

I wanted to be with all the time.

And 10 years later I see him.

I wasn't sure how to behave around him.

And I wasn't even sure if  I have the right to hate him or want his attention.

Gosh why did I have such a lousy memory?

I began to cry when I realized that he could've taken me with him but he chose not to.

Then I was embraced by him.

The smell of his cologne was something familiar.

The way he held me was different from father.

Instead of getting a cupcake he had ordered a muffin which was equivalent to a cupcake in my opinion.

I smiled as I bit into the muffin.

It seems no matter what I did to him, he never raises his voice at me or he never got angry with me.

Carmen was going to be out of town for another full month.

Eleazar had loved me unconditionally.

He really is like a surrogate dad to me.

We had a take out lunch.

So I nibbled on the muffin while he drove back to his office building.

"Lola after you finish your lunch I have to go into a meeting, and there's a photoshoot that's happening. It's on my way there so would you like to observe it" Eleazar suggests.

"Yes please!" I said.

Then I threw away the muffin wrapper. "Alright" he said and we went into the valet parking.

*****
We entered the building.

Like Eleaz said the photoshoot was a few doors from the meeting area.

He tapped on the door.

"Chairmen" it seems like the director of the shoot  said turning her attention to Eleazar.

"I will leave my daughter in your care, Ms. Lopez" He said.

I waved goodbye at Eleazar as he exit the room.

"You're the chairmen's daughter?" Ms. Lopez exclaims.

"Is there a problem?" I asked.

"No. none at all. Just I've never seen you before" Ms. Lopez said.

"It's okay I've never seen you before so" I didn't know what was happening to me but I was giving her sass.

"Oh haha. Yes but he never mentioned that he had a daughter" Ms. Lopez said.

"Oh Spiacente I was in Italy" I said unfazed by her trying to provoke me.

"Ah.. that must be it" she said tsking.

"Shouldn't you be focusing on the shoot?" I said looking at the models posing.

"The chairmen left you in my care so why don't you stop being so snarky" Ms. Lopez said.