Chapter 40

Eleazar's POV

Charlotte was really cunning.

She did manage to stay quiet during the appointment.

"Yes, so the shooting will be at the beach" I said to Stella.

"Right, the sponsors that I picked up are fine with anything as long as it sticks to the script" Stella said.

"Correct so we aren't going to have Amelia and Alex prematurely leave?" I clarified.

"It looks like the big investor wants them to leave before the finale" Stella replies.

"Investigate into who is behind the removal of Alex and Amelia." I said.

"Of course. They are popular now. So far we've gotten 35 Million clicks" She says.

"Ms. Jones if you are able to exceed the clicking rate to perhaps 100 million then we'll be above our competitors" I stated.

"Chairman, 100 million clicks? That's going to take a lot. Would we need to provide a clickbait" she asks.

"No let's not go the easy way. Your Company wants to have a good reputation correct?" I said.

She nodded.

"Then it's settled. Find a way to bring more clicks and views." I said pushing the contract towards her.

"Sir, how do you anticipate us to get 100 million clicks?" Stella questions.

"Ms. Jones we have 35 million clicks. Find some data onto how we got that many and once we extinguish that then we just need to bump the views by 3 percent" I answered.

"We will do our best" Stella said as she picked up the contract.

"The deadline is a month. If you wish to breach our contract you will have to pay a penalty fee" I said.

lWe won't disappoint you" she said.

"Excellent" I got up from the sofa.

"Have a good day. Sir" Stella said and turned then walked out the sliding doors.

I was quite relieved that Charlotte stayed silent.

"Charlotte I'm surprised you didn't make any noise" I said looking out the window.

Nevertheless she didn't respond.

I turned and saw her sleeping on my desk.

I went over to my desk.

I removed the pen she was holding and I laid my jacket on her.

"Was my discussions that boring to you?" I wondered aloud.

I made up a cup of chocolate milk for her.

After that I wrote a note for her. -Lola, I'm picking up lunch for you so be good while I'm away-
I placed it on her head.

Then she stirred and she suddenly woke up.

"Why didn't you wake me up! And I don't want to stay in your office" she says reading my note.

"Then do you want to grab lunch?" I asked.

"Yes it's better than being cooped up" she said putting on my jacket.

"Are you cold?" I questioned.

"I didn't bring a jacket" she says.

"But have you considered me?" I asked.

"Hey, aren't you in charge of taking care of me and if my father finds out that I'm sick with the cold then he'll surely kill you" she said.

"You have a fair point" I said and I guided her out of my office.