Chapter 14

Three days have passed since the dance meaning it was now December 24th, to many people it was just Christmas eve but to Tomlinson's and the Styles they also knew it as Louis's birthday.

Harry woke up wrapped in his pile of blankets, a comfortable warmth of the holiday season spreading throughout his body. The sunlight filtered through the curtains allowing a steady stream of light to infiltrate the room. The heat of the light contradicted the frozen snowflakes sitting on the window beside Harry's bed. Harry rolled over in his cacoon of blankets now facing the light, small particles of dust floating in the air played out like a snowglobe.

A gentle knock bounced off the wooden door leading into Harry's room followed by small footsteps. Soon Harry saw the figure of his mother, Anne, standing by his nightstand with a ug in her hands.

"Good morning Harry, your sleeping late today."

"m-good morning mom. What time is it?"

"It's just past eleven."

"Oh wow."

Harry sat up a little bit more now leaning on his elbows while looking around his room trying to wake up. It wasn't long until he realized that his mom was dressed in her scrubs and his face began to falter.

"I thought you had today off?"

Anne made her way to sit on the edge of Harry's bed while setting the mug full of tea down on his nightstand. She took one of her hands and began to smooth out the ruffled curls that ran wilds on top of her sons hands.

"I know baby I was supposed too but-"

"But."

Anne let out a melancholy sigh that matched her heartbroken tone, she hated having to always leave Harry by himself so often, especially on holidays.

"But the hospital got thirty patient transfers last night and they need the extra staff. I'm sorry baby."

Harry's body deflated deeper into his sheets and allowed the small circles on top of his head to help bring calmness back into his body. He never wanted to act in a way that made his mom worry about him or feel bad about working so much, he knew she didn't really have another choice and he was grateful that she did so much for him. It also made Harry feel better that he knew his mom was helping so many other people, he knew about the people's lives she helped save and the families she helped take care of. Harry one that by not being with him today that she was helping save so many other families from a terrible holiday.

"I made you some tea if you want it."

"Thanks"

Harry gave an amiable smile with the corner of his lips and sat up all the way now leaning against the wood of his headboard. While reach for the mug she set down a few minutes before Anne noticed the manila folder sitting next to the lamp on Harry's nightstand.

"What's in here?"

"Oh, those are just some photos I took Saturday."

"Can I look at them?"

"Yeah go ahead."

Harry was still in his morning fog and hadn't remembered whose photos were in the folder and if he did he certainly wouldn't have allowed his mom to look inside. What made the situation even worse was the fact that Harry has never once printed the photos he has taken, he has always sent them digitally. The worst part is Harry had no idea why he decided to print out the 500 photos he had taken of Louis and Ronnie, well to be fair the ones he printed were mainly of Louis which only made the situation worse.

"Oh, these are of Louis!"
"Awe, the girls are so big now!"

"Wow, he looks really good in these."
"Hey isn't it his birthday today?"