Chapter 1| Captured

Owen's POV

Owen Dixon sat alone at the old coffee shop by the beach.

A steaming cup of coffee was placed in front of him. He waited for his waitress to walk off, before looking back at an article. This was unlike any story he read. A mermaid that could heal anyone?

"Y/N," he whispered.

People claimed she was a legend and a myth but there were so many clues she existed.

Dixon was going to prove it.

_________________________________

Y/N's POV

It was a beautiful sunset.

Bright color reflected off your eyes. It matched the pink and orange scales on your arms.

You were hidden under a rock. Small ripples of water cradled you.

In the distance there was a silhouette of a boat. Your brows furrowed in confusion. All the other fisherman had returned home.

You pushed off the rock and began to swim towards it.

"Y/N."

The ocean called to you. You ignored the warning.

_______________________________________

Ben's POV

Water splashed against the boat. BEN DROWNED gripped the ledge. It was hard to tell whether he was pissed or scared. He kept glitching from the perfect blonde to a horrific elf. His eyes reflected in the ocean.

W e  s h o u l d   b e   o u t   k i l l i n g .

His companion laughed, "Oh yeah?" The slashed smile in Jeff's face grew wider, "Why's that?" He held onto a fishing rod.

W e ' r e   s u r r o u n d e d   b y   W A T E R .  T h e    t h i n g    t h a t   c a n   K I L L    M E .

There was a sudden weight on the line. Jeff reeled it in.

THUD.

The boat shook. Both boys gripped the sides.

W h a t   w a s   t h a t ? !

Ben glanced over the ledge.

Jeff flung a net out against the waves and yanked the line to close it. He struggled to pull it back into the boat, his shoes skidding on the floor.

Ben grabbed the string with him. Red veins appeared on his wrists from the strain.

S h - S h I T - w h a t    t h e    h e l l   i s  t h i s ?

They both fell over.

Ben rubbed the back of his head. Jeff's eyes grew wide, "Holy shit."

A mermaid was trapped in the net.

____________________________________________________