nineteen

Elle McBriar

It's been 3 days since Gage and I were taken

The room was cold when I woke up.

In fact it was icy. I could see my breath and my fingertips were numb and red, why the hell is it cold? It's the middle of summer.

I coughed, feeling a sharp pain in my chest, "Aye." I cried out, feeling weaker by the second, "Why is it cold? It's like fucking Alaska in here." I shivered. The day we left, we were wearing shorts and a shirt, I regret that now. Although I didn't realise I would be kidnapped.

The door opened again and they came in. "We have to keep your blood cold." One mumbled, "And how much of my blood have you taken?" I hiss, seeing another bag filled to the brim, "Enough to take over America all over again." I swallowed, "And what do you plan to do, with these zombies, huh? The entire world in infected. From what I know, the human population consists of us. And you want to make more? For what? You're pathetic." 

I spat in his face. He reeled his hand back and his fist connected with my face, "You can't touch her, you promised." The other guy said. I looked at him, he was the guy who was taking care of me. "I changed my Goddamn mind. Stay with her, use the taser if you have too. I will take care of the other guy." 

I winced at the loud slap of the door and the clicking of locks. Gage is still alive? Thank God.

"Why are you doing this?" I whispered, a tear escaped my eye, "We told you, to make more zombies." I rolled my eyes, "But that is impossible. There are no humans left for you turn into zombies. Nobody. And why do you need my blood?"

The guy sighed, fiddling with a remote in one hand, a syringe in the next.

"You ask too many questions." He said lowly. He pressed a red button and electricity soared through me. I was scorched. It twinged and growled until it was released. I screamed in agony, crying my eyes out at the feeling, "Please, p-please stop. I-I can't take it." I screamed, my neck on fire. I didn't even realise I had a shock collar around my neck, but I did now.

"We need your blood because in order to make more zombies, with the humans we don't have, we use a machine. It transforms dead zombies, ones you and your friends have killed, into reborn zombies again. It also turns animals, such as dogs, cats and rabbits into flesh eating zombies."

He smirked evily, "That doesn't explain why you need gallons of my blood. Y-you're going to bleed me dry." He laughed manically, "That's the point." 

I hissed, throwing my head back. I stayed there, staring at the plain ceiling in front of me. It was white with metal wires hanging off it, "Can you at least tell me where we are? I mean are we still in New York? Let alone America?" 

"What would you say if I said no?" I barred my teeth, "I'd call your bluff." He smirked, "Well you're right. We're in America, in New York actually, but we're way underground, somewhere you'll never be found. Even after your body is dried out and decomposed." 

I shut my mouth, biting my tongue. My neck was stinging, "Where'd you get the shock collars from anyway? All the electricity in the world is gone?" "There for dogs. I guess these things are battery operated because they still work." He pressed another button and my body jerked. I was being suffocated by this stupid collar and there's nothing I can do about it.

"Okay you've made your point Tyler, let her go." A new voice said. 

Wait Tyler? I recognised that name. Surely there are a lot of Tyler's but, "So whats your name oh wise one?" I suddenly said, not controlling my mouth, "Excuse me?" I glared, "I just want to know who to curse out when I arrive at the bottom of hell." I hissed, his eyes dancing in amusement, "Jared."

I rolled my eyes, of course it's a J name.

"So, you're the two college boys who turned the rats into super rats, am I right?" I asked, seeing their bodies freeze in place, "Well? Am I right? Or are you two completely different Tyler and Jared's? Because you see, we though Tyler and Jared, from California Science College, died along with their stupid zombie project. But I guess not." 

I can't believe this is happening. "So what we didn't die? We created this for a zombie apocalypse. It wasn't an accident." Tyler piped up, "So you let your Mom, Dad, siblings and friends die because of a fucking science experiment.." I paused, eyeing them carefully, "I guess I'll see you both in hell." I spat. 

But that earned another shock to my neck.

* * * 

I woke up a lot later, my eyes groggy and heavy as I blinked a few times. I'm still in the same goddamn place in the same position. My hands and arms were starting to cramp now. I flexed my fingers, hearing a few bones crack satisfyingly.

What's the time? Is it day or night? Morning or afternoon? 

I mean it was no longer cold, so that's a bonus. But I need to get out of here before they literally destroy the human race for good, them included. I can't get out. I physically cannot move. I have a body restraint on. Leather straps are holding me in place, is this really necessary?

My stomach rumbled, I'm hungry. And thirsty. And my head is pounding. I'm not usually one for complaining but I'm bored, and tired.

The door opened, "You read my mind." Tyler looked at me, "I'm hungry. I haven't eaten in like, a week." I whined, he rolled his eyes, "Don't be a bitch. I'll die of dehydration and starvation before you can drain me like the blood sucking vampire you are." I taunted, he lifted up the remote, "Don't make me use this. You know I want too, and I will." He hissed, "Why don't you? Hasn't stopped you before."

Tyler walked out of the room after adjusting a new bag onto the drip. Great. I'm going to lose my summer tan all because these fuckers are taking my blood.

Nobody came back to give me food or water. But they did come back in inject me again. I only know this because when I woke up again, I was in a different room.

It was the same room as last time and this time Gage was there, "Thank God you're awake, are you okay? You look pale." I looked up at him, not saying a word.

I feel completely numb. My body aches, my leg hurts from the cut, my head is thumping from being hit there, my throat and neck stings from the burnt flesh and wrists and ankles are tight from being restricted for so long.

"What did they do to you?" I whispered, horrified the bruises on his face. A black eyes, fat lip and busted nose. Scratches on his arms and leg, dried blood, the works. "They beat me. I wouldn't tell them where the others are so they beat me. They also used a whip." He shuddered, "Oh Gage." I cried, "You look worse than me, what'd they do to you?" He panted, breathless and tired, "They uh-" We were interrupted, "Play times over. Take her." Jared said, "No don't touch her, take me instead, please." I shook my head, "No Gage stop. I'll be fine!" I shouted to him, us once separated again. 

I don't know how long I'm gonna live for. But I'm weak, out of energy. I don't have much time left, if any. I was being dragged by my arms again. Arms that are skinny and sore. But I barely noticed the pain now. 

This is like the fourth time I've been close to death. 

But I hope this time it takes me out.

* * *

hey *sad smile*

this chapter made me sad. 
i hope you guys are enjoying it so far.

tell me what you think their escape plans are before you read on!!

happy reading :)