sixty one

August 28th,
6 months and 48 days since the last report

I woke up to an alarm. An ear piercing, heart screeching alarm.

Red lights were flashing everywhere and I heard shouting.

"Breach in the security room. Make your way to the panic room now."

This gave me chills. The last time I heard a robotic voice was when Alex and I were trapped in that elevator.

Paxton shook me, taking my hand as he dragged me out of bed.

My bare feet hit the cold floor as we ran down the hallway, the morning air hitting me like a tonne of bricks.

We went into the kitchen where we found the rest of the guys. Elaine was pointing to the library where we all headed too.

Sophia, was holding open a bookshelf which we climbed behind. There was another bunker hidden beneath it.

Walking down a few steps, we went inside the bunker. The alarm couldn't be heard down here so I un-blocked my ears.

My hands fell to my side as I looked around.

It was big, metal. It was shaped just like the normal bunker, only smaller.

A tin roof and tin walls echoed every time someone spoke. A small kitchen was placed in the corner of the room as well as 14 small double beds.

A seating area with 4 black leather couches were facing one side of the room. A brown coffee table with books, tissues and colouring pencils littered the table.

The room had posters of singers and movie stars hung on the walls.

I smiled as I looked around.

It was at least 3 hours before everyone was in the bunker. Elaine came in last and shut the door, a tired and stressed look on her face.

I stood next to Paxton, hand in his as he squeezed my fingers tightly. I leaned my head in his bicep, still tired from earlier.

"There was a breach in the security system. Nothing to worry about now, we've handled it."

"The storm was strong and the air was so thick that it actually punctured a hole in the rear wall, where the medical bay lay. And it started to filter in unwanted air."

We all listened with silence and interest. Elaines words bringing us comfort as well as fear.

"We might be down here for a day or two, until we know the air is safe to breathe again. We've patched it up with strips of metal and checked ourselves before we came down here. We would hate to put you all at risk. But until then, please. Chose a bed and get comfortable."

* * *

There were three separate rooms in this bunker. The toilet and showers, medical, and a bigger kitchen.

It wasn't too shabby, definitely not big enough to hold all of us for a long time.

I was sitting on a bed right at the end, pushed against the wall when Paxton came over.

"Here." He smiled, handing me a cup of water. It's things like these, giving me water when I know I need it, but won't get it, that makes me think Paxton is my boyfriend.