fourty seven

Elle McBriar
August 5th, 5 months and 26 days after the first zombie report

After the boys had fully woken up and settled in, I showed them the new place I recommended and they all agreed and liked it!

So, an hour drive and many pit stops later, we were walking around our new home for the time being, looking for any cracks and bumps and odd bits.

"I like this place Elle, you did good!" Gage called from the other room, "Thanks!" I smiled.

The boys fought over who gets the bigger room, offering me a room to myself again which I politely accepted. I took the smallest room though because I don't need a big room. I have some clothes and a notebook, that's it.

I did realise that ever since I've lived with the boys, the stuff we've accumulated is very... interesting.

Stripping all the beds and putting new sheets on, I jumped onto the bed I was sleeping in, feeling very tired all of a sudden.

"Are you sleepy?" I heard someone say, I turned my body and saw Paxton, I smiled, "I'm extremely sleepy. I got basically no sleep last night!" I yawned, covering my mouth.

Paxton came and sat next to me, his hand rubbing my back, "Why not?" I shrugged, "I was looking after you guys. Every time I opened my eyes something was going wrong. I couldn't take any chances." I said.

"Me and the guys are so appreciative of you looking after us Elle, but you need to look after you too." He said sadly, "I'll look after me when you guys stop injuring yourselves, okay?" I smirked. Paxton rolled his eyes, "That's never going to happen." He said, I nodded my head, "Exactly."

* * *

After preparing a basic dinner over the open fire inside our house, it was back to old times. The sky going dark and us eating over the light of torches and the moon, with an added addition of the fire. It was a nice night, colder than usual but it was nice.

Gage and Paxton were shocked by the news of Alex and I falling 50 feet down an elevator shaft and surviving. Paxton asked me 100 times if I was okay and every time I said yes.

I didn't feel any different. Sure, I'm in pain, but it's the same pain. It's... weird.

Riley was put to bed after having all the attention by his brother and 'uncles'.

I dibbed the first shower, excited to feel clean.

Wrapping a green towel around my waist, I walked to the bathroom, a torch sitting on the bench. I turn on the water, letting it get warm before I drop the towel and get inside, the windows fogging up immediately.

I'm casually washing my body, scrubbing the dry blood and dirt off my body. I hear a knock, "Yes?" I call, "It's Paxton." He said, I smirked, "Hi Paxton!"

"Can I come in." I smirked even harder, "Of course." Letting my hair fall down my back, I stood under the water, "I um- I was thinking we could s-save water, you know. Shower together."

I've never seen Paxton nervous until he was with me. He acts shy and innocent when he's around me, it's adorable.

"Come on in."

In an instant, I saw his shirt fly over his head and then his pants come off. I heard the faint sound of a lock click and then a cold breeze brush past my bare skin as the door was opened.

I felt a presence and turned around, seeing Paxton in front of me, his dark features darkened. I felt his eyes travel around my body until his fingers gripped my waist. I got a fright at the feel of our skin against each other. It was nice, though.

"You look beautiful in this light." Paxton said, I blushed, "So do you." He scoffed, "I'm not beautiful." He said. I put my hands on his face, "Yes you are Paxton."

He kissed me with so much longing and hunger I thought I would faint. It was like I was the last breath of fresh air and he was trying to save me. My whole world shifted from bad to good in a matter of seconds. He is all I need.

His tongue met mine and they danced, my hands went to his hair, pulling it forward as he groaned. I smiled against his lips, shivering when his hands went lower and lower until they met my-

"Stop fucking and get out, you're wasting the water!" Alex screamed. I pulled away from Paxton, seeing his annoyed features as he stared at the door, "Come on." I laughed, pulling his hands.

* * *

The water wasn't as warm as I'd hoped. We'll have to fix that.

Tomorrow is a new day, installing the solar panels, getting the hot water working. But now is sleeping time. I can't wait to get to bed and sleep and just... relax.

The initial shock and fear from the fire hadn't really bothered me until I really sat down and thought about it. I can feel the burn and sting of the fire crawling along my skin as I scratch at it.

The pain of from the last few days has really taken a toll on my body. I'm limping, I can barely lift my arms. It's a nightmare.

I'm hurting. Everywhere. And I know I need to take care of myself, but I don't know how. I'm so worried and worked up about the boys and and them having another relapse that I just, don't know.

I climb into bed, the blackness of the world surrounding me as I'm comforted by the warm embrace of Paxton.

Who's arm is around my waist. He pulls me too him. I can tell he's tired. They're all tried. 

We're tired.

His body is run down, battered and bruised. He's been through a lot. And I don't blame them for wanting to relax.

I pull Paxton's arm off me, causing him to groan in protest. But I pull his body to me, it's my turn to be the big spoon.

His head lays on my chest, a comfortable sigh coming from his mouth as he wraps his arms around my body, fingers grazing my back.

I play with his hair, earning a grunt of approval. I tickle his arms, feeling goosebumps rise from the foreign feeling.

The boys deserve a pamper day, or a day off. Multiple days off.

Eventually after Paxton's asleep, I follow shortly after. Feeling the comfiest I've ever been.

* * *

hii

i debates on the chapter a lot!!

also, school has started back up in my country so i won't be posting as much as i used too. i'm still posting though :)