thirty nine

Elle McBriar
August 4th, 5 months and 23 days since the last zombie report

Whoever turned on the goddamn lights better turn them off, right now!

I groaned, my eyes pierced by the sudden death of light as I hide my face with my hands, "Turn them off, please! My head can't take it." I hiss, throwing myself back into the pillow. Paxton laughs at me and pulls the covers off my body.

I still lay completely still as he opens the curtains, "It's almost 1pm Elle, you need to get up." I shook my head, "No. I want to sleep!" I cry.

Just then, I feel Paxton lift me up. I squeal, feeling very dizzy as he throws me over his shoulder. I sway from side to side as we leave the bedroom, "Paxton put me down!" I say groggily, "No. You'll just go back to bed." He said, "Paxton if you don't put me down, you will be cleaning up my puke." 

He puts me down instantly as I grab my head, feeling the blood rush to it, "Hangover?" He smirks, I growl at him, "Leave me alone." I make a run for the bathroom, closing the door on his face as I kneel in front of the toilet.

I should NOT have drank that much. 

But I feel so much better after laying on the cold tiles for a good half hour. The door opened and I keep my eyes closed, liking the feel of the bathroom floor.

"My God you're a mess." Paxton laughs, he takes me hands and pulls me up, I don't object, "I need to brush my teeth!" I sigh. Picking up my toothbrush, I slide some white toothpaste onto, bringing the bristles to my teeth and brushing slowly. I can't be bothered moving my hands.

I half close my eyes, seeing Paxton watch me in amusement. I roll my eyes, spitting in the sink.

"Why are you following me?" I ask, "And where are the others?" I ask, clutching my sore shoulder, "I'm following you so you don't pass out and the others are outside working on the shed." He smirks.

"Well leave, I need to get changed." I pick up articles of clothing, seeing him still watching me. Fine, suit yourself Paxton. If this is you wanna play, prepare to lost.

He leaned against the wall, arms crossed, deep eyes watching me intently.

I picked up a long sleeve black shirt that hugged my curves and showed a bit of skin. I rifled through the same 5 pairs of pants. Denim or Nike shorts? I decided on the fabric Nike shorts.

I took the pajama pants I was wearing off and slipped the Nike shorts up my legs, pulling then releasing the fabric as it snapped against my skin. I then took off the current shirt I was wearing and flicked it onto the floor. I kept the sports bra I was wearing on and picked up the black shirt.

"Paxton, can you help me put this on? My arms don't reach above my head." I asked him, turning around. He nodded, walking over to me.

Without making a sound, I slowly lift my arms up as far as they will go as he slips the sleeves up my arms. I wiggle my fingers through the arm hole as he continues to drag the shirt over my body. Once it was fit and tailored to perfection, I shoved him away.

It clung to my body as I fiddled with the neckline of the shirt.

I heard Paxton grown behind me, "I love this top on you." He said as he grabbed my hips. I smiled shyly, "Thanks. I wore it just for you." I giggled, he smiled and looked into my eyes. For a second, I felt myself getting lost in them. Like, all he saw was me?

"Good. You should only wear it for me." He growled, kissing my neck as I was pushed against a wall. My head rolled back, giving him more room to access my neck. He attacked my lips, pushing his tongue into my mouth. I was hot for him, eager and hungry. He was my first meal of the day. 

His hands went up my shirt, fingers resting on the skin just below my breasts. He tickled the spot, making me laugh. He continues his assault on my lips as a gasp of air is produced through the room. I hear talking followed by arguing as the voices got louder and louder until...

"Can we come in? We have a huge fucking problem?" 

I rolled my eyes, Paxton made a fist and kissed me one last time before he said, "Yeah, come in." 

He moved away from me and I felt sad at the loss of his touch. I frowned, crossing my arms, "What's the problem Houston?" I made a joke, "It's the end of the Goddamn world!" Gage said, a scared look on his face.

I nodded, "Yeah uh, it's been the end of the world for a while now, Gage, what's new?" I said, "Avery was friends with Tyler and Jared, correct?" He said, glancing between us as we nodded, "Well Tyler and Jared both said they wanted to destroy and takeover the world with zombies. But we killed them before they got the chance?" Gage said seriously, "What's your point here man? I was in the middle of something important-" Paxton said, I hid my smile.

"Think about it, dude. We killed Avery because he wanted the same thing. And after we killed him, we're still getting attacked my zombies." 

That was enough to sober me up, "Wait, what are you saying?" I said, pushing myself off the wall. "I'm saying, after Tyler took all your blood, we didn't see where he took it. We didn't destroy it. And we also didn't destroy the machine those 3 fuckheads were talking about."

My eyes went wide, "So you're saying-" "That we're going to be ambushed by zombies, yeah. That's exactly what I'm saying." Gage said.

A silence fell upon us as we processed what Gage just said. The end of the world could actually be the end of the world? That's some scary shiz.

"Then we have to turn it off, right? The machine." Alex said, "I wish it were that easy, man. These boys were based in California. We're in New York." Paxton said sarcastically.

I facepalmed, "What is it?" Gage said, "New York to California is a 45 hour drive." I said shakily, watching their faces fall. Stilled silence was once again hung upon us. Nothing was said, no glances, no movement. Complete and utter silence.

"So what? We just give up then? Fight off as many zombies as we can until we die?" Alex said harshly, raising his voice. "No. We go to LA. We drive. It's 2 days, we can make 2 days." I said sternly, "Don't be ridiculous, Elle." Gage argued.

"No. She's right Gage. This could be our only chance to stop the zombies once and for all." Paxton agreed, "So once we turn off the machine in LA, do you think it'll automatically stop all the other ones located around?" Alex asked, I shrugged, "We can only hope!" I sigh.

* * * 

hiii

i hope you like it so far:)