thirty three

Elle McBriar
August 2nd, 4 months and 21 days since the last zombie report

Why do I always get myself in these situations? How come it's always me who gets kidnapped?

I'm sitting alone, my wrists, ankles and waist are tied to a chair. I have a gag in my mouth. There's a small fluorescent light above me that's making a humming noise. I sit uncomfortably in the chair. Well if all I'm going to do is sit here then why haven't they given me anything to look at? This sucks, I'm bored.

My nose burns from the gas he used to drug me and my throat feels like it's been cut out.

As if my mind was being read, the door opened. And a man walked in. He looked like he was sculpted by the Gods. Big muscle, broad chest. But he had a small head. 

"I should've killed you when I had the chance. I probably shouldn't have used a goddamn Whiskey bottle though." I glared at him, this fucker hit me?

He walked around me, behind, beside and in front of me, "Avery Portman. I was friends with Tyler and Jared." My eyes went wide. Okay, now I'm terrified for my life.

"I've been watching you. Waiting for the right time to strike. I didn't know there were any other humans out here until you and your friends turned up. It gave me the perfect opportunity. Unfortunately, you murdered my friends until we could go ahead with the plan." Avery screamed, making me flinch.

What the hell is going on? I tried to remove the gag in my mouth but it wasn't working. "So now that I have you here, you're going to watch as I kill your friends. When I press this button, a machine, turning dead things in zombies will release a dozen at a time, slowly merging to the center of town, until it'll be too much for your little friends to handle and they surrender, or die."

Tears pooled in my eyes, I have to warn them somehow, "You're going to watch them, die. Hear there screams just like I did when Tyler and Jared were killed. And then, after that is done, I will shoot you. Right between the eyes.

I was shaking with fear now. I could feel the anxiety twist and bubble in my stomach as it came up my throat. I feel sick. Knowing that death is awaiting me.

"Now, come with me you little bitch." 

He dragged me by the ties on my arms, leaving red indents, and scars on the skin, "Now, I want you to radio to your friends, tell them you're okay and that you're just shopping for more supplies. If you're good, I won't shoot you. If you're bad, you die, today."

He ripped the tape off, leaving a stinging feeling on my cheeks as he took the gag out. I inhaled a breath through my mouth. Avery pressed the barrel of the gun to my temple, I swallowed, shaking in fear. 

We were standing on a metal bridge, overhanging a warehouse that had the deathly smell of zombies. I looked down, I could just jump right now and die, "Don't even think about it. Call." Avery hissed. The gun cocked, if these could be last words, I need to make them count.

Avery pressed the call button, "H-hello." I said shakily, "Elle? Elle thank fuck it's you? Why haven't you called are you okay? Where are you?" Alex's worried voice came through.

I heard a few, 'is that Elle?'

"Elle? Where the hell are you, I'm coming to get you." Paxton's voice said. His voice calmed me down, only slightly. Avery was distracted, looking down at the warehouse floor below him, nows my chance.

With all my strength, I kneed him in the balls, the satisfying crack of the gun dropping on the ground. I heard the radio drop on the metal, I screamed, "You guys need to run! The zombie's will keep coming if you don't leave!" 

Avery growled at me, limping over to me, "You little bitch!" He screamed, "Elle what is happe-" "GO, please!" I cried through the receiver.

Avery kicked it from my grasp and then kicked me, the grip of his fist around my throat so tight I couldn't breath, "I told you what would happen if you disobeyed me."

My world went black.

* * * 

I don't know how humans can be so cruel to each other without feeling even a little remorse. Like, how can you physically hurt or torture another person without feeling guilty?

They're psychopaths. And Avery, Tyler and Jared were and are, psychopaths.

Wait, does that mean I'm not dead, because I'm thinking. My eyes flew open. I looked around, checking my surroundings. I was in the same room as before but this time I wasn't tied up.

I pulled myself up, banging on the walls and doors, hearing nothing but the thin echo of the metal and my mind. What is going on?

I scream inside the bolted vent, hearing my own voice circle back. 

"Let me out of here!" I screamed again, my throat raw and sore.

The door swung open and Avery came in, looking as mad as ever. His eyes were red, bloodshot and his fists were clenched. He picked me up by the collar of my shirt, "Looks like we're gonna have a little fun." He smirked, eyes sparkling with mischief. 

I tried to get out of his grip, but he kept holding me tighter. I saw a door as Avery headed right too it, "Where are you taking me?" I said, getting more confidence, "Outside." He grumbled.

The door opened and the setting sun was harsh on my eyes. I squinted, seeing three figures in the distance, as I got closer, I realised it was the boys, "What the hell are you doing here? I told you to leave." I screamed at them.

They were standing in front of the van, arms crossed, guns strewn across their backs. Avery held me by the neck in front of them, the gun pressed to my temple. I closed my eyes, just kill me already, damn!

It was quiet, glaring eyes and waited anticipation. We all wondered who was going to make the first move. Since Avery was distracted, I tried making a run for it.

I ended up choking myself as my knees scraped against the gravel. "Let them go, please. You can have me, just let them go!" I screamed. Avery reeled his hand back, hitting me in the face with the back of the gun.

I lost consciousness for a few seconds before I regained my sight. I lifted my finger up, red, thick blood trickled down my face as I felt the cut on my forehead.

"What do you want, Avery? Just let them go and kill me, please, I'm begging you!" 
Avery smirked, "I like it when you beg. Now get on your knees and do it, slut!"

He pushed me onto my knees and held the gun to my face, my lip quivered, "HEY! Don't talk to her like that you fucking bitch. Just tell us what you want and-"

Avery lifted the gun and pulled the trigger. "PAXTON!"

I saw Paxton fall to the ground, a pool of blood around him as he clung to his life, "Don't take the bullet out. Keep pressure on the wound and-" "Shut up." He screamed at me. This means war. You shoot my friends, I shoot you.

I bit Avery's finger while it was pointed at my face, he slapped me and nurtured his sore hand. I stood up, with my hands still tied. I kicked him in the dick again, he fell to his knees this time and the gun slid away from him, "You should've died along with the rest of the population!" I screamed, kicking him with as much force as I could.

I thought I was doing a good job, until I heard a trigger get pulled, and I tasted blood in my mouth...

* * *

hii

don't hate me, k?
it just needed a little more drama you know, spicyy:)

happy reading!