sixty nine

Elle McBriar
September 6th 6 months and 56 days since the first zombie report

I physically cringed at Sophias shrill voice.

I turned around to face her, she had red marks on her neck from where I held her.

I reached for the gun, wincing as I turned my elbow to grab it.

"And when the home blew up, piece of it shot inside her. And she should've died, but it didn't kill her, obviously."

I cocked the gun, feeling no mercy come to mind as I aimed it between her eyes.

"Dick move." Penny scoffed. Sophia shrugged, "Radiations over. We're free to live again."

'Can't I just shoot her?' I mumbled under my breath.

My hands were shaking as Sophia got closer, very slowly inching forwards towards us. I could see another syringe in her hand. She was twirling it between her index and middle finger behind her back.

I looked between me and the exit. The door is too heavy too move and run through, it'll take a couple minutes to open it, especially with my bum arm.

So I either need to kill her, or she needs to open the door. So it'll probably be option A.

"Sophia, if you come any closer, I will shoot you. And I don't want to kill you."

Sophia laughed, brown eyes looking around all crazy, "Sure you do."

"Go on, kill me. What's stopping you? There's no rules anymore. No one can arrest you, right?"

I kept a determined look on my face. Penny looked frightened from beside me, "You do this often?" She mumbled, I shrugged, "Only when necessary."

"You want to kill me. If you do, then I'll be out of your life for good. I won't be able to kill you."

I shook away her words, "Shut up!" I screamed, "Do it!" She spat.

"SHUT UP!" I howled, firing one bullet into the wall beside her, "You're good with a gun." Penny said.

"Unless you're scared." I scoffed. "You're scared that you'll feel guilty and your little boyfriend will hate you."

"That's where you're wrong." I hissed, "My boyfriend has killed more than I have."

I didn't think I had the balls. But I'm filled with too much rage and hatred to even think, all I see is red.

I point the gun down, pulling the trigger as a buller enters her thigh.

Sophia screams in agony, falling to the floor as blood squirts from her. She's screaming and crying.

"I'm not scared, bitch. But you are."

My badass moment is over as I look over at Penny, who's wide-mouthed and terrified.

"You work on getting the door open, I'll distract her okay?"

She nodded shakily.

"Y-you bitch!" Sophia called, "Aw, is that all you got?" She cursed and swore, a pale look on her face, "Hurts doesn't it?"

I was about kneel down and make myself look more threatening when I heard a violent scream.

I turned around. Penny was crying, a grief-stricken look on her face.

"What's wrong? Why are you screaming?"