A DAM PROBLEM

3rd Persons PoV

  Percy laid on his bed, unable to sleep and wondering how he will proceed to his quest. He wondered where he would start and what he should do first.

  "This is getting me nowhere." Percy said as he stood up. He looked at his brother who was snoring loudly and sleeping without worry.

  "How I envy you, to be silly and innocent once more." Percy said with a sad smile then he went out of his cabin.

  The sun was still not visible since it was still 4 in the morning.

  "Let's just get this over with." Percy said as he walked towards Thalia's Tree.

  Before he could reach the tree, an arrow landed in front of him which alerted him.

  "Stop right there, Perseus." A voice so familiar said.

  "Really Thalia? An arrow for a greeting? Really?" Percy said as he took the arrow from the ground.

  "Oh don't be such a wuss. I know you wouldn't die even if you get hit by it." Thalia said as she jumped down from the tree.

  "It will still hurt you know." Percy said.

  "Well, bear with it. Anyways here are your supplies, Lady Artemis tasked me to give it to you." Thalia said as she handed a backpack to Percy.

  "Thank you Thals, and can you tell Artemis my thanks as well?" Percy said as he received the bag.

  Percy didn't notice that Thalia was looking suspiciously at him because of his reply.

  "Percy, just out of curiosity. Can I ask you something? And will you tell me the truth honestly?" Thalia said which piqued Percy's interest.

  "Okay, go on." Percy said.

  "What's going on with Lady Artemis and you?" Thalia said as she inched closer to Percy making Percy choke a little.

  "Nothing." Percy said in a high pitched tone as his eyes swam in every direction.

  "You know, you're a bad liar." Thalia said as she grabbed Percy by the chin. "My eyes are here."

  "Really, there is nothing going on with us, I have to go now. Take care of my brother for me." Percy said as he snap his head away quickly and tried to run away from the lieutenant of Artemis.

  But he failed miserably. Like it was the saddest attempt ever. I mean he could just shadow travel or fire travel but noooo~ Mr. Percy want to outrun a huntress.

  Before he could even make a stride Thalia kneed him in the balls sending him bawling for dear life.

  "Now, now Percy. What's the rush? Like you said, you just recently arrived here." Thalia said menacingly which scared Percy immensely.

  "Thalia, what are you doing?" Percy said as if he was begging.

  "I just want the honest and hard truth Percy, what's going on with you and Lady Artemis." Thalia asked again as she pulled out a knife and a sword.

  "I'm sorry!" Percy shrieked and finally, he shadow travelled to the farthest place he could think of.

  "Tsk, he escaped." Thalia said as if disappointed. "Next time I'll get him." Thalia then smiled wickedly as if possessed by a demon then she chuckled a little.

Las Vegas—

Percy Jackon's PoV

  I leaned over a wall to grasp a bit of support after shadow travelling far suddenly.