YOU!?

Percy Jackson's PoV

  What the hell is she doing here? Didn't Artemis place her essence among the stars?

  Then why is Zöe here!?

  "What the hell are you doing here!?" I screamed at her.

  "What do you mean, boy?" She asked, like what is she doing here!?

  "I meant to say, aren't you Zöe?" I asked for confirmation.

  "Yes, I am Zöe. How do you know of me?" She asked warily.

  "Don't you remember me? Or at least this sword!?"

  I mean, this is her sword! How could she not recognize this!?

  "Anaklusmos!? Perseus!?" She asked hesitantly.

  "Yes, Zöe! It's me! Since when did you learn to speak modern English?" I cried out as I capped riptide.

  She rushed me and I met her halfway. Then she hugged me.

  I mean I'm not gonna lie but that scared me. Zöe was famous for the men she castrated and here she was hugging one.

  "Well, I was aware of what was happening above the stars. Learned to speak English properly now. And I got your dam joke too." She laughed as she let me go.

  "Wait, what are you doing down here? Shouldn't you be up there!?" I pointed above us.

  "The ceiling or the sky?" She joked as what above us currently was a huge ass ceiling.

  "HA HA, real funny Zöe. Now you learned how to joke now."

"I know how to joke since way back then too Jackson!" She punched me playfully.

  "Okay, seriously how did you get here?" I asked as I put on a straightened face.

  "Si—gh, fine. Do you remember how I died?" She asked me.

  "Yeah, like how could I forget about it."

  "Well, M'Lady placed me among the stars to honor me. So I was neither dead nor a living being." She paused so I could let the information sink in.

  "Okay," I said as I gestured for her to continue.

  "Well, first I thought it was fun because I could observe you, mortals, that's how I learned the modern language by the way." She said as if contemplating to continue her narration. "Well, turned out it was a living nightmare there.

  She stopped and looked down.

  "Why?" I asked concernedly.

  "I got bored since I was so used to moving around with the hunt. I was not used to being immobilized for more than a few months. So I escaped from there." She said.

  "So, since when did you escaped?" I asked curiously.

  "Hmm, I don't really know but I was pretty sure I left when you started your journey inside the labyrinth."

  I then counted with my fingers how many years it could be. Well, I was almost 15 back then and now I'm 22 so that leaves me with... 7 years!

  "Wait, so you have been here for 7 years!?" I asked her. Like how did we missed her when we came crashing down here for the first time!?

  "No silly! I'm new here. I stayed in Elysium for 6 years and 10 months then accidentally fell down here." She laughed as if it was a daily occurrence. Like how do you laugh here!?