IV: Ticket in Heaven

I can protect myself! People aren't usually willing to protect me. But I was sure that I can protect myself.

"All you need to do is ask, Buttercup." He smiled mockingly

There's it is again, The 'I am going to be your saviour again,' written all over his face. It was honestly annoying.

I guess I don't have a choice but to admit it, I was in need of him.. somehow inside of me, I do.

"Y-you would save me?" That was all that I need to say.

Then his mocking facade was replaced by danger and anger that is uncertain.

"Tell the other's to wait and clear the ground floor." He demanded to Caleb "They would have finished by now."

"What about her?" Caleb asked.

"She's staying with me."

"Shut up! Both of--." Jared intervene. The tattoed guy couldn't finish his sentence. He fell on the floor with a loud thud. His wide eyes was open.

"Don't interupted when someone is talking. That is rude, Sir." Caleb politely reminded him.

On the other hand, Ozwald reloaded his gun.

The man wearing formal suit kicked the body of Jared, But it didn't move.

"Is this what happened to others? Maybe the rumors are true after all, Dealing with young Echavarri was dangerous." He shook his head lightly.

"You are the only one that can't be tame kid. The Orion, They offered you something right? Why did you not take it?" The man pulled to loosen his tie. This time he was quite tensed.

"There's more isn't it?"

"Maybe, Or maybe not." Ozwald answered boredly.

"As I thought you are just subtle. Now I understand why most of them are threathened. You suprised me Echavarri. However, Is this what you really want? It said that you didn't want this kind of life? Then now you were here, Aiming for the throne of the East, Probably the West and maybe to conquer the Orion."

Ozwald shrugged his shoulder as his eyes travelled to mine. "Yeah, maybe something like that,"

The man in wearing formal suit laughed his heart out.

"Ah kid. And you'll start by saving her? Why? Is she entertain you?" He asked.

"Maybe, I don't know yet," Ozwald spared me another glance.

"Aurora, Close your eyes." He commanded.

I was shocked for a bit, I kill people. I murder them in any possible way, and him killing the man infront of us wanted me to close my eyes?

Is he fucking kidding around?

"W-what?" I asked in unison.

"I said close your goddamn eyes. Buttercup." He says obviously irritated while clenching his jaw.

I deeply sighed. I have nothing to think and to worry now. Because of fatigue, starvation, and pain. It was easier for my eyes to close.

I didn't know how long I slept and woke up leaning in someone's chest.

"Is, Is he dead?" I asked,

"Yes,"

"Did you kill him?"

How stupid of me to asked. While I have known the answer.

Somehow. There's a something in our conversation giving me a string of connection to him. It was all about death. But his voice gives me comfort and security.