XI: Serenity; Origin of Orchids (Part I)

I parked the car feets away from the Ninoy Aquino International Airport. My mind was on entire turbulence. Mula sa party, sa kaniyang pag-halik hanggang sa pag-lisan ko sa Windward Hills.

Not really sure, If I was doing the right thing.

I moved out of the car and fidget my keys. My eyes scanned the whole area, I was thinking of buying new things that could accompany me for a while. Philippines was the first in the list oof my to travel. This country is where my grandmother lived. Haven't I told anyone I wasn't literally alone?

Thanks for some connections, It didn't take a fourteen hours flight inside the plane from Windward Hills to Philippines. The car came earlier than me. It was exported from Windward Hills.

I dash inside the backseat. Squinting my eyes in the black suit of Ozwald, I took it and wore it. It smell of mint and glimpse of an expensive men fragrance. The mafia prince leave it there, huh. A thought of me missing him drained my whole system. I let out a deep breath. What the fuck is wrong with my thoughts?!

I walked inside the duty free just behind the airport there were loud gossips and many people inside. I shrugging it off, at nagtungo sa hanay ng mga pares ng jeans at tank top. I chose few that could last me for several weeks. Better yet ready than feeling sorry, right?

I was about to get the pair of brown leather combat shoes, when another hand pulled it off. It leaves the both of us staring in each other. We were both fuming as we gazed to one another. She was around of the age of mine or maybe younger. Perhaps her built was also the same with mine, and her blue hair scattered into her sweat shirt.

"Fuck off." I calmly glared at her hazel eyes.

Her eyes looks very familiar. She looked so familiar.

"Ano ka sinuswerte? Eh ako ang na-unang humawak nito!" She raised her middle finger on me as she tried to get the leather shoes from my grip.

I mentally laughed at her, Did she thinks I wasn't aware of filifino language?

"Ako ang nauna, mabuti pa na bitawan mo na ito at baka mapatay pa kita."

I was intensely staring at within my own black orbs. Hence, she look at me with a same intensity, as she tightly gripped into the leather shoes,

"Nako! hindi naman pala foreigner!! Tigilan mo nga ako, ako sabi ang nauna."

"Dallace!!" A familiar voice soothing voice shouted in the middles of the store. "Itong batang to kung saan saan nanaman nagsusuot."

My held on the leather shoes slowly loosen, It let her to snatch it from me. And I didn't care, as I stared on a very familiar person infront of me.

"Ikaw talagang bata ka! Nariyan ka lang pala, napakatigas talaga ng ulo mo!" The old women infront seemed to didn't notice my existence, pinaulanan niya ang babae ng mahihinang hampas mula sa hawak na tungkod.

"Eto kasing pekeng foreigner, Nay!" she mumbled as she pointed into my direction, "Hinihigit tong sapatos! Eh ako ang nauna,"

The old woman gaze finally met mine. Her white hair was neatly bun in a loose tie, as her face was filled with wrinkles that was probably result of the old age. Her hazel eyes showed excitement surprise and longing.

"A-Aurora?" Her voice cracked as her eyes begin to watered.. All I felt was a self-reproach. When was the last time I tried to visit her, There's many times but I was always far away from her proximity. Lagi lang akong nasa malayo.

I slowly walked towards on her and smiled at her weakly, "Nanay"

"Ikaw ba iyan? O inaatake nanaman ako ng dementia?" tanong nito habang dahan-dahang hinahaplos ang aking mukha, Maarin itong nakatingin sa akin tila ayaw mawaglit sa takot na ako'y mawalang muli.

"Ikaw pala iyong si Aurora? Akala ko ay Dinedementia lang siya eh!" The blue-haired girl interrupted our little reunion as she laughed.

"Minsan na niya akong napagkakamalang ikaw! pero mas madalas niya akong pag-diskitahan ng kanyang tungkod!" She slowly shake her head, she was about to say more things but my stupid stomach growled loudly.

"Uhm, I have a car with me and I can drive you home." I hesitantly offered.

Obviously, I was starving so I was left with no choice. "Isa pa, hindi ba't doon din naman ang tungo ko.."

"Mabuti pa nga, kundi ay mag-jejeep nanaman kami sobrang hassle!" She blurted out again that's why Nanay Lara strike her again with her cane.

"Aba! wag ka ngang ganyan, mahiya ka namang bata ka,"

In the end, I bought several pairs of clothes and groceries. Afterwards we all headed into a plain two storey house. Mayroon itong isang maliit na hardin sa gilid nang malawak na trangkahan, mayroon din itong teresa sa kaliwang bahagi ng pangalawang palapag. All along, It was perfect for a middle-class family.

After helping with the groceries, me and Dallace with Nanay Lara eat in silence. Maybe they figure out already that I wasn't ready for a story-telling interview. Well, not now that I haven't even changed my clothes and had a nice bath.

I excused myself after the dinner. I was exhausted and tired of the fourteen hour flight. I walked inside the guest room that Dallace appointed to me earlier. The house was actually comfortable. It was plainly mixed in the colors of peach, brown and soft white. It was comfortably cozy and well ventilated. I stepped into the room and lock the door for safety purposes. This past few days of engaging with the danger I can't let my guard down.

I explore the room and saw how spacious and decent it was. It has a window that let in the rays of sunlight. a single bed next to an antic wooden side table. And a tall tawny timbered old cabinet placed on the corner. As I fixed the clothes I shopped earlier. I felt the sudden pang of familiarity and solace. It felt like I am actually home. For the first time I feel like I was secured.

Dahan-dahan kong inilipat ang mga malinis na damit sa malaking cabinet. However I was stunned when I suddenly hit something and It caused the wooden corner inside to suspiciously arched and move. You couldn't even saw it unless you're staring at it intently.

My mind hammered like a wildfire, as the vivid memories of my mom hiding me into a cabinet compartment lead me to a mind-blowing headache. Itinukod ko ang kaliwang kamay sa pasamano ng kabinet upang kumuha ng kaunting lakas.

I was surprised and another batch of suspicion stroke me as the cabinet move. There was an open corner, and a black velvet box was placed on it. Kunot-noo ko itong pinasadahan ng tingin. Katamtaman lamang ang sukat at hindi gaanong kalakihan. It was covered with cob webs and it looked like it was there for a very long time.

My hands are shaking due to the intense headache a while ago. I took the box in my fisted hand and sat on the bed. Inside of it there was an old notebook. Probably, it's at the baddest condition and it was aged more than mine. The box has another case inside of it was a red velvet carton.

Slowly I opened it, and there I found the silver necklace, it was plain but my eyes landed into the delicate carving of it's orchid flower pendant-these was my mom's gift when she died.

There's extreme pain that attacked my head again, It was enclosed in bringing back the memories of my one bygones and nightmares

"non dimenticare mai da dove provieni" Those words were repeating relentlessly and then everything black out.