IX: Consuming Darkness

The drive from the west to the east boundary up until to the The Regime Corporation's Headquarters was the safest I've experience for the past days. thankfully, nothing eventful happen except for the fact that Caleb and Dylan were bickering and mocking at each other.

Dylan parked the car infront of the baroque grand mansion. The four of us walked out of the car. As the people inside curiously stared into our sudden arrival. Nabalot ng naka-sasakal na hangin ang kapaligaran. It was like something isn't appropriate. We walked inside the mansion. We greeted by the enormous chandelier, and different important person from the organization.

"Hija! as I have thought, you are definetely coming." Senator Night approached us first. "Come, I'll guide you on your table."

He was wearing a white formal suit and that adds up in his charisma. Seems like he didn't notice the presence of our mafia prince, just right behind me.

Senator Inigo Night is the legal side of the The Regime Corporation, He was almost in his fifties. He was handling the legal matters of the corporation including the governance and the senate position on the west district government. Way back when my mother was still alive. She was his personal watcher and executioner.

There's a loud raspy coughed that suddenly interrupted him for saying another word. It came from Ozwald. It was followed by a loud mocking laughters from the two guy behind me.

"I think we should go inside, looks like someone is fidgeting over an old man." Caleb crooned at him, while he's prevailing the set of another laughter.

Nauna akong lumakad patungo sa maluwag na pulang alpombra, tuluyang iniwan ang mga kalalakihan na ang aking kasama. mukhang may mga bagay silang hindi ko lubos naiintindihan, sa dulo ng maaliwalas na carpet ay natatanaw ko na ang engradeng nakabukas na pinto patungo sa puting kastilyo. Malawak at malaki ang mga puti nitong haligi, detalyado ang bawat estraktura at animo'y ginawa upang pag-tirhan ng mga hindi basta-bastang tao.

There were flashes of cameras everywhere. the night was early and awake. Pag-pasok na pagpasok ko pa lamang sa hall ay samut-saring pares na ng mga nang-uuyam at kyuryosong mata ang lumantad sa akin. Hindi na ito bago sa akin,

Tahimik kong ginala ang aking mga mata. The grand crystal chandeliers on the center aisle serves as the ethereal attraction tonight. The fine arrangements of the place was amazingly enchanting with it's black and white filled in glossy touch of golds motif.

Different richest peoples and evil villains hiding behind tuxedos and nights gowns were chattering. Wala akong alam kung para saan ang event na ito, ngunit nasisiguro kong para ito sa tagisan ng kanilang mga yaman at katungkulan.

"Iyan na ba ang tanging taga-pagmana ng pamilyang Carnaige?"

"Oo ata, balita ko nga ito nalang ang natitira sa lahi nila."

"Ang alam ko usap-usapang mahirap pa ito sa daga ngayon, lalo na't may chismis na ang lahat ng pag-aari ng mga Carnaige ay maipapasa lamang sa kanya kung siya'y lumagay na sa buhay may pamilya."

"Saan mo naman nakuha ang balitang yan! sigurado ka ba?"

My forehead pucker, are these evil people had interested in humor of gossips too?

"Artista kana ngayon Leya?" Muling kumunot ang aking noo ko sa Ipinangangalan sa akin ni Dylan. Well, he's back in his usual self. alive and definitely an kicking asshole.

"What! Oz reminded us to not call you in your first name!" Caleb says, as he defensively raise his hand when dylan shielded him from me.

I breathed deeply and sigh, Could this night had any good?