XXXVI: You are my Greatest

"What are you doing, Echavarri?!" Galit na tinig ito ni Auntie Lara Carnaige, ang kanyang boses ay dumagundong sa buong bulwagan at nagpatahimik sa lahat. "You were outcasted from this Mafia. Eversince you had pledge loyalty for this threat and it is against the principle of the Mafia itself." gigil na gigil na sinabi niya na parang nawalan ng pasensya sa mga nangyayari.

That accusations didn't startled him a bit. Sa halip ay sinalubong niya ang tingin ng presidente ng korpurasyon at sinabing, "I'm stopping you from ruining what's mine."

I felt the dancing streams of my inside as I've heard him say that words. He was everything of the dream that from the start I didn't allowed myself of wishing of coming true. He is a cannot be granted wish from the falling stars and meteor showers. He was my only hope to this damnation. He was the darkest individual in his tuxedo amidst this chaos I have resulted. Yet, he was the only one that is I am vivid and fond of in this uncertain night. He was the only thing that I am fantalizing for, Perhaps, him being here felt surreal. It is almost impossible for me to believe after all the circumstances that existed between of us.

He brushed his hair with his fingers furiously and with clenched fist, he strode forward to reach my distance. But the Mafia Reapers were expecting it, They guarded me loaded with deadly weapons.

The air that brought his masculinity and precense was a perfume for my nose.

"Ozwald," I whispered across the distance between us. Napapagod na ako sa mga nangyayari. I was emotionally exhausted, physically and mentally. Hindi ko alam kung hanggang saan pa ang kakayanin ko. I wanted to badly gave up, Nararamdaman ko na ang panghihina ng aking puso. Maski ang pagdating ni Ozwald ay hindi iyon mapipigilan.

"O-Oz." I felt tears dampened my cheeks. The hopeful feeling that is washed over me when I realized that he was all real. He was here and that he came for me. It was a painful combination of masochism. I was both happy and scared that I might dragged him to my own mud of grave.

"Please, Don't come near me." I whispered again, But he refused to listen. He hurried to move towards me. Kasing bilis ng pagtangay ng malamig na hangin ay ang kilos niya upang mapabagsak ang mga Reapers ng Mafia na sumusugod patungo sa kanya. I watched as he moved his perfect body like a swift dancer inert with elegance through the night holding his pistol.

Bago pa man makakilos ang lahat ay narating na niya ang puwesto ko. Because of his strength and speed, He was faster to held my withered body from Lukresia. Akma siyang lalayo patungo sa naghihintay na metal tank nang harangan siya ng mga Reapers. We are now on the center. We are caged and couldn't move like an under surveillance inmate, As they pointed their deadly weapons towards our directions.

"P-Please, d-don't come n-near me." it came out like a whisper tone through the wind, "Y-You shouldn't c-come," wika ko ng pabulong sa kanyang mga tenga.

"I tried buttercup," He whispered hopelessly. "I tried to fucking hate you to much content. I tried so much to bury this feelings. Ngunit kahit sino at ano pa man iyon ay hindi ito mapipigilan pa. I liked you since day one. Mas lumala lang ata habang lumalayo ka sa tabi ko."

Hindi ako umimik. I cried terribly, Tinitigan ko siya ng hindi makapaniwala. The pain inside my chest is nearly breaking me down. I closed my eyes as tears welled down like how myself had fallen into him. I can't believe that he was this lunatic to confess his feelings despite our situation. Ngumisi siya, He nuzzled my hair and hugged me tightly, He was like a child scared to be left behind.

"You are my greatest, Aurora." He whispered soulfully. As he kissed my temples.. "Now, let me be the one to fight for us."

I closed my eyes gently, Savouring  the moment of my dreams and reality that I never expected to turn like this. My poor heart, it is superficial..But it only beats for this man, only him. The Mafia prince fixed his gazed on me, at dagling nawala ang nakakabighani na ngiti sa kanyang labi. Instead, His eyes looked dark. His eyes knocked me breathless.

I felt the pain from the running poison from my veins suffocating me. The sting was circulating in my sistem like a wild venom. I know that I was bound to die, today. But, right now, I wish for him to stay. If would face death today, I am so happy to die in his arms. My eyes turned blurred, and the suffocation increases. I wonder, What was taking death this long?

"Do not jest around, Oz Echavarri." Wika ni Lukresia Valdemort na unang natauhan at tinutukan ang gilid ng aking bungo na malapit lamang sa kaniya.

"Let her go or we will kill her right now infront of you." Matigas ang wika na utos ni Lara Carnaige. Nakatutok parin sa aming gawi ang lahat ng armas sa kalagitnaan ng malamig na simoy ng gabi.

I coughed between deep breaths as if struggling for air, struggling to live. Mas lalong idiniin ni Lukresia Valdemort sa aking likuran ang nguso ng baril kahit na tangan ako ni Ozwald. "Let her go." matigas na wika niya sa mukha ni Ozwald.

I saw the flickers of worry in his eyes. I wish he didn't came to save me. I wish he had stayed safe and unharm unlikely of this situation that I had dragged him with. I cannot bare that thoughts. I can handle the pain by myself. I don't like him here. While gritting his teeth, he started to weaken his grasp on mine. He was so careful while letting go of my withered body as if is I am something that could easily be hurt.

However, Lukresia Valdemort grabbed me without precautions. I winched as she started putting galore ties behind my back. Ozwald regarded with darkness withing those blue eyes never leave mine as Lukresia took me away from him.

I wanted to scream but my throat forbid me that I could only manage to whisper his name. Nakita kong hinayaan niyang disarmahan siya ng mga tauhan ng Korporasyon habang hindi niyi inaalis ang kanyang paningin sa akin. Binitawan ni Nickolai ang kanyang baril at saka lumapit sa kinaroroonan ni Ozwald.

"Wow. Look at our dearest Oz Echavarri, If you could just see how you look so pathetic and pitiful, So much for pretending you are invincible." pang-iinsulto ni Nickolai sa kanya habang pinupuluputan siya ng napaka-raming tali na parang ikinatatakot nila ang pagkawala nito.

Wala kong nagawa ng nawala siya sa aking paningin at tangayin ako ni Lukresia sa kabilang bahagi ng mansyon, malayo sa kaniyang presensya. Nadaanan namin ang isang masikip na daanan patungo sa ang isang madilim na kuwarto na sa tingin ko ay basement ng mansyon. Nasa hamba pa lamang kami ng pintuan ng muli niya akong tinurukan ng pamilyar na kulay pilak na likido, Matapos noon ay walang pag-iingat na binalya niya lamang ako papasok ng naturang silid.

"Sleep well, our little damsel in distress." She tauntingly said and turned off the light, load creak of the closed door echoed in the emptyness of the room. I was left along with darkness and pain as constant name of Ozwald was ringing into my ears fellowed with aching heartbeats and consciousness that is gradually sweep me away towards transient.