Worry

It's the day after New Years. Two best friends and soulmates were sitting in their apartment, watching Netflix and trying to get over the party they had been to, which had lasted all night. Everything was going like any other lazy day, and they were taking a break from the re-watch of their favourite show, to get some snacks or "early dinner", when Nitri's phone rang. The pink haired girl saw that the number was foreign, and that almost always meant scammers. Or maybe a telemarketer who seriously got his phone numbers messed up. She would usually love to take the phone, just to have a conversation, while getting neither of them anywhere, but she was tired and if she had to focus on anything else other than the show, she would begin to freak out about how bad and messy her hair was. But the person had kept calling, so the third time, she took it and was ready to just be as salty and sarcastic as possible. That was until she heard that it was her good and very special friend Flora. The young woman had sounded like she was in a hurry, and when she retrieved Lena from the kitchen, it became clear that something was out of the ordinary. Flora was out somewhere doing who knows what, but it was something important and possibly very dangerous, because she wanted the two girls to call the Avengers, if she hadn't called them within the next 24 hours. What a privilege to have, when one of your best friends are soulmates with the freaking world savers.

It was now about half an hour ago since Flora had called, and the two girls hadn't been able to do anything but think about what she had said. Lena was sitting with a serious face, staring at the screen at the still image of an overly cutesy anime girl about to make her magical transformation, to beat up a not so important bad guy. Nitri was just silently freaking out, because she was reminded that Flora was soulmate to not only the Avengers but apparently also 9 more, and now she was in so much danger, that she was relying on them, and what even was life?
"Why couldn't she just have called the Avengers herself? Like, doesn't she have a super secret number, so if someone calls it they know it's someone important"
The pink haired asked, looking at her soulmate.
"I don't know. Maybe she doesn't want to involve them if she thinks that she can solve it herself? I mean, they are dubbed "The world's heroes", maybe this isn't world threatening important"
They stayed silent for a few minutes more, before Nitri shot up from her sport on the couch.
"buT WHY US?!?"
She yelled and threw her hands up.
"Sit down you damn Twinkie. Whatever she's doing, it's important and the only thing we can do is trust her. If she gets through this safely, I'm sure she'll tell us the details, when we talk to her again"
They didn't argue often, or even feel real annoyance towards each other, but they were both very worried for their friend, and had very different reactions to it. Nitri became mad and asked questions instantly, while Lena tried to keep calm and wait until everything was calm before asking questions.
"It's just like, she's like their freaking soulmate, and they seemed very ready to drop everything for her"
The smaller girl plopped bad into the couch, and started the show.
"Do you think she'll get a hero identity too?"
Lena shrugged.
"Probably... Hey Nitrite?"
"What?"
She answered grumpily.
"Flora will be fine. She's strong. With or without powers. I'm sure she knows what she's doing"
Nitri sighed and became very flat in her seat.
"Yeah. You're right, it's just been so weird these last months"
"I know. We should visit her some day"

A/N

This chapter is a little filler chapter, just to get an inside on what Nitri and Lena think of Flora's call.
It's soon summer holiday, so I will be able to write more.. I hope 😅