Chapter 5

The pair of twins understood that their wife wouldn't be easy to trifle with. She purposely let them drop their guard so she could take advantage of our nervousness. She demonstrated to us her ability to read people.

Seems like Queen Annabelle isn't fond of playing long-term mind games. If she was fond of it, we are sure that we wouldn't want to play her games. I guess it's a good thing that she defined her boundary.

The fact that they are chosen by Annabelle's husband and not her makes their a little situation worse. If we were chosen by the Queen, then they would have privileges by having her favor. Without her favor, we are just being used as decorations. Nevertheless, we are lucky to get the position that most men are vying to get.

Meanwhile, a few weeks have passed since Annabelle's new husbands entered the harem. Her new husbands were training, so they would able to do their responsibilities as Queen's assistants perfectly.

Annabelle's assistant Serena is mentoring them. They were tasked to fill Annabelle's schedule in their planner, so they would able to memorize Annabelle's schedule and they would also able to schedule appointments and events for the Queen.

They were doing this task in Annabelle's study room since Annabelle has a spacious study room and it's would be comfortable for her assistants to work next to her.

Annabelle as always would be sitting at her desks and approving the upcoming projects or disapproving them. While her husbands will be completing their task.

Serena entered the study room without knocking holding the document in her hand.

Annabelle looked up and said.

"You should learn how to knock Serena. What are you holding?"

"Prince Consort Nathaniel made a draft of the agreement for trading with the Siada Kingdom." 

Serena explained as she handed the document to Annabelle.

I looked at the document where Nathaniel wrote requirements for the Siada Kingdom. He had high requirements but he indeed knew better what kind of resources Ravendale needs.

"That fast huh? So far what are the opinions of Ministers and members of the court regarding the agreement." I asked my assistant Serena. She only blinked a few times before answering.

"Your Majesty, only a few people know about the agreement. You didn't announce that you would like to build a commercial relationship with the Siada Kingdom." She answered.

I never announced to the court? This would be a scandal if I sign the document without hearing the court's opinion first.

"When is the court meeting?" I asked Serena. Then Serena asked Alistair and Abel who currently rewriting my schedule. One of the twins started looking at the planner before answering me.

"It appears that the closest court meeting will be tomorrow." Abel answered.

"That's good, I will wait before reviewing and signing the agreement and tomorrow I will announce the news to the court." I out loud decided. Serena then proceeded to tell them to write down, so I wouldn't forget to announce it.

"Oh! your majesty, I almost forgot. Will you be announcing to the court that Noble Consort joined your harem?" Serena asked. I could only sigh. My newest husbands looked at me at the curiosity of what I was planning

Was I tired from the work that I keep forgetting to announce to the people and court about the important news?

"I don't think it's proper to announce to the court since my ancestors would always set up the debut in the upcoming ball." I answered as I put down the documents I was reviewing because I couldn't focus on work anymore.