Chapter 14

It's now the fourth day since we left the Ravendale to travel to the Siada Kingdom through the sea. I and Nathaniel spent reading the books that we managed to bring, enjoyed the sea breeze, and also we've been talking with a few of the staff members.

Currently, we are sitting in the upper promenade deck and chatting with the other staff that wanted to have a rare chat with royalty. I enjoy chatting with them and listening to their life stories, this also helps me to understand common people's quality of life.

"Pirates! Southwest!" one of the sailors that in observing tower screamed. I looked in the direction of the southwest. Those were indeed the pirate ships. There was one ship that was the main ship the was bigger and it's had two ships escorting the main ship.

There was a tense moment that we hoped that those three pirate ships wouldn't dare to go against the five ships. It's seemed that the lust for loot is stronger than the sense of the rationality of these pirates.

They shot cannonball in our direction, but they missed.

As soon as the pirate made their first shot the sailors started run to their position and begin defending the main ship, in case the escorting ship fail to protect the main ship.

The thing is the escorting ships are also carrying the goods. I didn't want one of the escorting ships to sink along with innocent people.

I don't wanna die yet.

I want to come back to my children.

I stood there paralyzed until the pirates made a second shot.

"Barrier!" I whispered one of the magic spells that I learned and created a barrier on the southwest side.

I was only a beginner at magic so my barrier was broken like glass and made a dent to one of the escorting ships.

Nathaniel noticed that I was trying to protect the ship and came to me.

"Try to relax and then try to use the spell." He advised while comforting me. He held my hand and felt warmth.

He was transferring his magic to me.

In magic training, I was praised for good control over the magic but I manage to raise my magic capacity to 25% so my magic is still weak.

Nathaniel learned the dark magic and the dark magic is hard to tame and inconsistent to build a barrier. Also, dark magic not exactly built on principle to protect like light magic so it's would be better to transfer magic to me.

I cast the barrier magic again and this time it's worked. The people who are mages noticed that I'm using magic to build a barrier, they started transferring magic through the air.

Since Nathaniel has better magic than me he collected magic and transferred to me.

I closed the eyes so I could feel the state of the barrier, so I can feel the difference of the pirate's cannons and our gunshot. So I can create an opening for then my ship's calibers and block the cannonballs.

It takes a lot of energy to control someone else magic but I couldn't give up.

The pirates understood that we have magic wielders and that their cannonballs can only put dents to our ships they decided to retreat from the battle.

As soon as I heard that they were retreating I stopped using my spell. I breathed heavily.

Why I didn't practice my magic more?

Nathaniel knew that I lost a lot of energy and he led to the chair to sit on. He also gave me a handkerchief, I was confused at first until I touched under my nose.

I overused the magical capacity that I was bleeding from my nose. I wiped my nose with a handkerchief while Nathaniel was talking to the ship's captain and the admiral. Then he came back to me.

"What is happening?" I asked Nathaniel.

"We are planning to pursue them." Nathaniel informed me.

"But why? Aren't we are risking to lose the goods that we need to transport to the Siada Kingdom?" I asked Nathaniel and he shook his head.

"There is more risk of pirates informing their other fellow pirate mates and on our way back we might have to face more pirate ships." Nathaniel explained to me.

"In any way, you shouldn't worry that much, we already put the curse on those ships." He gave me a sly smile.

"What kind of curse?" I asked him.

"Makes them travel slower and sleepy." Nathaniel informed me and widened my eyes.

I almost forgot that magic has endless possibilities and how to handle things. I didn't know that it's was possible to do that and I felt relieved.

One of the staff members brought me a glass of water. I was still weak from the magic I used. Nathaniel sat down next to me.

"You did a very good job, darling." Nathaniel complimented me and then held my hand.

"Your magic capacity has increased to 29% ." He praised me and I weakly smiled at him. I guess it's no surprise since you can increase the magic capacity on the battlefield.

Since I was too weak to walk Nathaniel carried me in bridal style to our room to rest and he stayed me and took care of me.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

First time Annabelle and Nathaniel uses her magic.

I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter and enjoyed Annabelle and Nathaniel showing off their magic.

Don't forget to vote and comment! ^_^