Chapter 38

The Epilogue is also uploaded today so please don't forget to read the Epilogue ^-^! I hope you guys will enjoy reading this chapter <3

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We all sat down at the dining table and waited for the servants to bring the tea and snacks. The formal prince consort never liked awkward silence so he made sure that the conversation wasn't one-sided.

"I guess you have a special reason that you've come here." I simply nodded. I can't seem to get rid of my habit of not continuing the conversation. I guess I tend to be quiet while I'm nervous.

After all, over those five years, we've never had a normal conversation.

"Is it better to be discussed privately or you can talk about right here?" Noel politely asked me.

"I think it's better to discuss it privately." I firmly answered it.

"Ah I see, since you want to discuss privately then we cannot stay here silently and not talk about something else." Noel pointed out and I simply nodded.

"So how do enjoy ruling Ravendale?" Noel asked lightly.

"I consider this question weird since it's coming from the person who also previously ruled Ravendale." I answered and Noel chuckled.

"Fair." Noel answered.

Then Noah arrived with his two adoptive daughters in the dining room and soon the maid started serving tea and snacks.

Noah and Noel respectfully held a conversation with me and my secondary husbands.

Honestly, I didn't think I will be enjoying the trip, but so far it's more bearable than I expected.

"How long are you going to stay here?" Noah asked us.

"Just for one night." I answered.

"Ah, it's a shame that your trip is short, Icemond have beautiful winter festivals." Noel commented.

"We simply have a tight schedule." Alistair and Abel apologizingly answered.

"We understand, after all, we've also been in your shoes." Noah commented.

After a few more small talks we finished drinking our tea.

Noah instructed maids to take their adoptive daughters back to their room and also show instructed my secondary to show our room.

Then they led to the lounge where we could talk more privately.

"Excuse us for being inquisitive but we are curious what made you come here." Noel asked me and I nodded the sighed.

"I came here to know about the investigation results of Cordelia's death." I revealed my reason.

They looked surprised at my answer and then they became more curious about why I was asking the investigation result.

"Ah let me guess, you were asked to investigate this incident? Am I correct?" Noel asked me I nodded.

"I was indeed asked to investigate but it's nothing to do with the fact that my grandmother won't even give the document that has all the pieces of evidence." I said.

"She is just trying to protect you." Noah answered.

"From what? From the truth?" I impatiently asked him and they sighed.