Chapter 34

I slightly opened my eyes to notice that Alexander's side of the bed is empty. He decided to leave early.

The feeling of sadness and emptiness I started to feel. I could have stopped him but that would be selfish. He is a general he must lead the battle. Furthermore, If I stop him doing his duties his reputation will be ruined.

I looked at the clock that was behind me and it's was five minutes before I needed to wake up. I need to start my duties no matter what.

I got up and went to take a shower after I got out of the shower the maids was already waiting for me. They helped me to get ready.

My first duty was to check and supervise the main military hospital.

There are tent hospitals on the frontlines, but if the soldiers need major surgery, he will teleport to the main hospital. If the surgery isn't serious then the soldier will be simply transported by the long carriage and enter the main military hospital so the soldier can peacefully heal.

I did the ward rounds since most of the doctors are focused on the operation rooms doing surgeries.

I was checking up on the patients and check their wounds to see if they are healing properly. The soldiers were surprised to see me in the hospital.

"I never thought in my life that, I will manage to get this close to the Queen." the soldier blurted and I simply chuckled.

"I simply doing my duties as a Queen." I gently replied as I checked his sutures on his hand.

"The hand looks very good there are no signs of necrosis." I concluded after checking his hand.

"Previously the Queen would be either in the frontlines or in the castle during the wars." the patient continues rambling and I simply smiled.

"I'm here since I was previously thought to become a healer." I answered politely and the nurse who was standing next to me started bandaging the soldier's arm.

Before the soldier could speak again the junior doctor entered the ward frantically looking around. When he spotted me he quickly ran up to me.

"Your majesty, there is a soldier that is required an emergency surgery!" He was breathing heavily.

"Shouldn't you be informed that to the Chief Surgeon? Or Commander Sylvia at that point?" I asked the junior doctor.

"Every surgeon including the Chief Surgeon and Commander are busy with the surgeries." The junior doctor quickly answered.

Do we already lack surgeons? I predicted that we will lack surgeons at that point but I didn't expect it to be sooner. I frowned at this thought.

"Are you skilled in surgery?" I asked the junior doctor after I considered the next action.

"I've only started doing surgeries." the junior doctor answered hesitantly.

"Well, that's perfect. Let's go receive the patient you will be a chief surgeon in this surgery and I will be the first assistant." Then I turned to the nurse.

"Also please find a resident doctor for secondary and tertiary assistant If there any surgeons exits the operating room, led them to us. " I instructed the nurse.

The junior doctor was shocked at my decision.

"Your majesty, I'm not sure I can e-v." I interrupted the junior doctor before he can utter another word.

"We can't waste any more time. We must prolong the soldier's life before the experienced surgeon can replace you." I stated the fact and the junior doctor closed his mouth.