Chapter 10

An hour later Alistair wakes up from the surgery, he still feels the influence of anesthesia that had been injected before the surgery and he was feeling quite sleepy.

"What happened?" Alistair asked his brother Abel, who was sitting on the chair and tried to distract himself with newspapers or magazines.

"You are finally awake. I almost thought that I was going to lose you." Abel answered weakly. Alistair saw that his brother was very tired from the event.

Before, they knew that there will be men who will be jealous of their position but they didn't know what kind of length Annabelle's secret admirers are willing to go through. Now they experienced in themselves.

"What happened, when I was asleep?" Alistair repeated and barely managed to utter those additional words.

"Nothing, the attacker was arrested and we were given a vacation until doctors can remove out stitches." Abel softly said.

"It's will take a lot of days until I get stitches removed." Alistair thought to himself.

"Yeah, but Queen Annabelle or well she now asked to address her as Annabelle. Anyway, Annabelle was indeed generously giving us that much of vacation time" Abel explained.

"Did Queen Annabelle came here?" Alistair asked. It's will take time for him to change the habit of addressing their wife.

"She did. Prince Consort Alexander also came with her." Abel told him and now Alistair was more puzzled.

Coming to the palace it was hard to determine what they actually will be dealing with and what kind of difficulties they will face. Now they managed to figure some pieces.

From day one they understood that Annabelle didn't exactly want a second husbands. They expected her to be unconsidered but it was the opposite, they thought maybe they have to deal with Prince Consorts but they were chosen by them. Maybe they were supposed to be a decoration to a royal family, but for some reason, they don't feel that they will become a simple decoration.

For the next few days, Aquamarines twins spend their days feeling and reading more books to gain more theoretical knowledge.

Meanwhile, Annabelle was making sure that the news about their attack didn't leak out. Overall, the debut of my second husbands ended up a success if not counting the incident.

As soon the story was published in the newspapers they became the talk of the Ravendale. Especially, since they were very handsome. People established that I had unique but great taste in men because Alexander and Nathaniel are also very handsome.

Also, people praised my beauty because of the photo of me and Alistair dancing printed in the newspaper. I guess Nathaniel wanted to portray my youth better.

Sometimes I forget that I'm only twenty-six years old and I forget that I'm the same age as my second husband. I guess giving birth to children makes forget that you are still young or you don't notice how you matured.

It's not that I regret it giving birth to my wonderful children and I never regretted tying my life with Alexander and Nathaniel.

I guess the years of training passed pretty quickly.

As I was looking at myself in the mirror and fixing my makeup, the maid informed me that my grandfathers came to visit.

"Really? Then prepare the lobby room and tell other maids to prepare some snacks." I instructed my maid and in return, she nodded and scurried to inform the staff.

I quickly fixed my make up and headed to the sunroom.

The sunroom is my favorite room to be with my guests.

I arrived at the sunroom first since this room is closer to my chambers and waited for my grandfathers to arrive. A few minutes late my grandfathers Samuel and Johnathan have arrived at the sunroom.

"You wanted to see us?" They asked. They were happy that Annabelle wanted to see them.

"I thought that you came to the palace to see me." Annabelle jokingly answered.

"Of course we wanted to see you. In the early days, it's always been that grandfathers or fathers they would visit their sons to ask about how is your family life is going." Grandfather Samuel explained to Annabelle.

"I know, but the tradition of segregating family by gender should be stopped." Annabelle answered.

While Samuel and Johnathan weren't lucky with their son, they were still lucky with their granddaughter that wants to positively influence her surrounding people.

"We presume that you are not practicing segregation between your children." Samuel asked Annabelle out of curiosity.

"Definitely not, Leo doesn't have any other playmates other than his sisters, furthermore he enjoys playing with his sisters and I would rather have him have a fun childhood before he has to attend disciplinary school." Samuel and Johnathan both nodded understandingly.

At first, Annabelle hesitated about deciding whether or not her son would need to go to the disciplinary school, but Nathaniel and Alexander wanted for Leo to go to the disciplinary school. 

They explained it's will be hard for him in there, but later his life would be easier with the skills he will gain.

"Will you be visiting Alexander and Nathaniel?" She asked her grandfathers.

"Yes, since we initially planned to visit them." Johnathan answered.

"We will also visit your second rank husbands." Samuel added.Annabelle sighed softly but smiled. She can predict what her grandfathers are going to talk about with Alexander and Nathaniel, but Abel and Alistair? It's would be an interesting talk.

"How are you handling your duties?" Johnathan softly asked. They understand that Annabelle isn't a great leader right now and it can be difficult for but they were still proud of her little progress she will make.

Annabelle sighed.

"I guess it's alright now." It's difficult to tell if something is going awry.

"Oh, and Sapphire f-" She wanted to mention Sapphire family at the ball but she was interrupted.

" Oh Annabelle, just be careful of the Sapphire family. They are like spiderweb if you destroy the one string of the web the whole web will be destroyed." Samuel warned her.

Meaning if she destroyed one branch of the Sapphire family, soon she will not only lose the support of the Sapphire family, she might also lose the support of other households.

"I know, but I wanted to mention that one of the representatives of Sapphire households attended the Royal Autumn Ball. They only asked for one thing." She told her grandfather. They were shocked that one of the members of the Sapphire household came to the ball.

"What did they want?" Johnathan asked her.

"They wanted the investigation results." They tried not to make any facial expressions.

"It's will be difficult for you to convince your grandmother to give you evidence that she found." This the only thing that they told Annabelle.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Here is Chapter 10 and I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter?

Do you have any theories about who killed Cordelia?

I would love to hear them!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

And I will see you later! ^-^