Chapter 9

One of my deranged admirers thought it was a great idea to attack my second husbands with a knife while they were leaving through the hallway alone except there are also royal guards guarding the hallway.

I had to make sure that the ball would still go smoothly after what happened. I gave instructions to Serena and asked Nathaniel to stay there since it's already too suspicious that four out of five ruling royals are absent in the ball. I had to make sure that the deranged person is thrown in the dungeon.

The seconds husbands are in the infirmary because they got injuries from an attack, so the doctors are taking care of their injuries.

I walked through the hallway with Alexander. He is responsible for the security of the palace.
So much for the perfect debut, at least it happened in the hallways, not in the middle of the ballroom. If that would happen my reputation will suffer.

"Alexander, this is not acceptable." I said to him without raising my voice.

"If there were witnesses, people will think that is ominous to be with me." I listed my other worry.

"Not only that, what if that deranged men wouldn't come for them but our children? They could also be walking in the hallway." Alexander stopped me before I could begin listing another worry.

"Annabelle, don't worry I will deal with this." Alexander told me and I sighed.

"Sorry for lecturing, I know that you are very capable and manage to investigate it properly. I guess I was stressed delivering a perfect debut for the Noble Consorts." I said softly.

Alexander smiled at me and kissed me on the forehead.

"I know." He said softly.

We walked towards the infirmary.

The royal infirmary connected to the royal hospital. The royal hospital is a hospital that treats royals and rich families since they also use Etria's technology to treat patients. The royal hospital is available to the highest-ranked nobles so not everyone can get treated even though you can afford it. While Annabelle's clinic was available to everyone who had money and she would sometimes gift coupons to the nobles, this way her clinic became popular.

We entered the infirmary doctor immediately bowed to us when he saw us.

"How are the Noble Consorts?" Alexander asked the doctor.

"The Noble Consort Alistair got stabbed on the left side but luckily no major organ is injured, we also managed to successfully extract knife. Noble Consort Abel is injured his hand by holding the edge of the knife." The doctor explained.

"Can we visit them?" I asked the doctor.

"The Noble Consort Alistair is currently resting after surgery so it's will be the best to not disturb him. You can visit Noble Consort Abel since he only required stitches." Then the doctor excused himself since he had a lot of duties.

The nurse led us to the room where the Alistair rested because Abel wanted to be with his brother after a dramatic event.

We silently entered the room and Abel was about to formally greet us but before he could do that I interrupted.

"There is no need." I told him.

"First of all, I would like to ask you who gave you permission to leave the ballroom?" I asked so I could investigate.

"Annabelle!" Alexander hinted me that it wasn't a good question to ask.

I sighed.

Alexander is right, I shouldn't blame the victim in this situation or any situation at all.

"Nevermind, I guess now it's doesn't matter. It's still was our fault to let this incident happen in the palace." It was awkward for me to change the tone of the conversation.

Alexander smiled when Annabelle understood his hint. He knows the Annabelle isn't used to her new addition to the harem but he hoped that one day she will get used to it.

"I hope you will not blame us for our carelessness." Alexander politely added.

"It's alright if it wouldn't for the hidden guards we might end up in the worse shape." Abel weakly said. He also needed a rest.

"Please excuse me, I need to make sure that investigation is going smoothly." Alexander excused himself.

"Alexander please wait." I said.

"Yes, Annabelle?" Alexander asked.

"Please put more safety measures for future incidents, also I think it's time to replace the Captain of the Royal guard since he wasn't replaced after the previous Queen assassination incident." I gave Alexander some instructions. Alexander nodded and left the room.

I was left with Abel and Alistair who didn't wake up from the surgery yet.

"How is your hand?" I asked Abel. Abel instinctively looked at the hand.

"Oh, it's fine, your majesty." He said.

"Firstly, you don't have to call me by the title Annabelle will do just fine. Secondly, I don't think your hand is fine. I will give both the day off until you both get stitches removed." I said to him.

"Thank you, your -" Abel interrupted himself and fixed.

"Annabelle." He corrected himself and smiled at Annabelle. He was weak to tell her how much he was thankful for the day off since it's a while till he would have his stitches removed.

"After you will get stitches removed you will have to attend a self-defense class, then Alistair will join the class with you." Abel weakly nodded.

"Alright, Annabelle." He softly said.

" Then I leave you alone with your brother." I left the room.

After I left the infirmary, I noticed that I was also very tired of dealing with the incident.

I sighed.

Being the Queen doesn't get easier.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter and I'm happy that I have readers who will always read my latest chapter!

Love you guys!