Chapter 37

Me and my secondary husbands traveling to the mountains to uncover the truth, that is being hidden from me for an unknown reason.

It's been weeks since I had to grant Alexander and Nathaniel the title of the Kings while for Abel and Alistair I had to grant them the title of the Prince Consort. We had a lot of work ahead of us.

Even though we have won the war there were still casualties. We had to prepare a plan and budget on how to honor the soldiers who sacrificed their lives for Ravendale to remain victorious and compensate their families for their loss.

In the end, public opinion was still positive about the royal family since not all rulers managed to end the war in weeks and not all people felt the economic consequences of war yet.

We felt that the power of the Royal family had stabilized and became stronger amongst those who were skeptical of us.

When we started reaching the mountains the temperature started gradually falling and I started shivering.

"We should have brought warmer clothes and blankets." Abel said when he noticed that I was shivering. They couldn't feel the cold because they are shifters and they can cope with the cold temperature better than me.

"It's alright, We will be arriving in Icemond very soon." I answered with a smile.

"That won't do. We will get in trouble if we bring you back suffering from pneumonia." Alistair said and sat on my side and Abel also joined.

Alistair activated his half fox form. Which allows him to project his tails and fox ears through pieces of clothing.

"I didn't know that were foxes have nine tails." I said while looking at Alistair's white ears and tails.

"All werefoxes have them and this why were foxes been I sought after husbands over the centuries." Abel explained to me with a grin.

"Come sit, Annabelle. That way I will be able to keep you warm." Alistair gesturing to sit on his lap.

"T-that is not necessary." I blushed like a young girl who first time sees a romantic gesture even though Alexander and Nathaniel were also romantic towards me.

I also shared a bed with Alistair and Abel but I guess I'm not immune to feeling flustered even though I love Alexander and Nathaniel.

In the end, Alistair gently pulled me into his lap and wrapped his tails around. I felt warmer now.

"It's our duty as your husbands, you should feel shy about it." Abel teased me as he held my hands and made sure that my hands were warmed.

I simply sighed in comfort.

I guess my heart has the ability to love more than two husbands.

We have finally arrived at Icemond where the former prince consorts Noah and Noel. After all, my grandmother surely wouldn't hide the investigation result from her nephews?

Even though this town is used to exile people. The town was still was very beautiful.Surrounded by beautiful mountains and snow-covered temples. It didn't have the atmosphere of exile at all.

The mountains are the place where the exiled people are given a chance to reform and lead a new life. So the town doesn't differentiate from another Ravendalian town except for their purpose.

I was very nervous approaching the residence.

They did suffer a lot during those years. Before they were officially exiled their wife was assassinated and their son ended his life.

Wouldn't be better to leave them in peace? I sighed.

I want to know the killer of Cordelia and why the investigation results were being hidden from me. At least, I will feel at ease that I've tried everything to solve the case.

I looked at Alistair and Abel and the guards who have traveled with me.

It's was impossible to chicken out or else I would just bring my husbands and guards who are here to make sure everything is okay will be in vain.

I sighed deeply and I knocked on the door.

In a couple of minutes, the door slowly opened and I was just holding my breath.

"Oh we didn't expect you to visit us but please come in!" Noel greeted us and let us in.

I looked at their residence it's was clean and warm and had only a few staff members.

"Please excuse us, we weren't prepared for your visit. Please make yourselves at home." Noah said with a smile. It's was hard for me to decipher their intention.

I was distracting by trying to analyze everything until Alistair helped me to remove the coat.

"We have guests?" I've heard the shy voice of a little girl. I turned to see the two little girls that are twins standing there looking at me with their curious eyes.

They reminded me of when I met Elizabeth for the first time.

"Yes, we have a guest. You should both go to change." Noah gently said as he took the girls.In Icemond you can easily adopt a child of the same species, than anywhere else in Ravendale. Adopting a child that is also the same species allows the child to be familiar with their species more.

I guess they decided to start a new life since they don't have an heir anymore and only their grandchild will be able to continue their legacy in Ivyvale. It's didn't meant that the grandchild should be biological.

As far as I head that the former consorts are avians.

"As you can see we are unprepared for your visit. I hope you won't mind." Noel said.

"We don't mind. After all, we came unannounced." I finally said.

"Anyway, we are still glad for visiting us. Please come to the dining room." Noel politely said and then instructed the maid to prepare the tea and snacks.

I guess I didn't expect that I will be receiving a warm greeting. In all honesty, I didn't know what I was expecting but I'm glad that my second uncles are fairing well in Icemond.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter! ^-^

Next time I will not only upload chapter 38 I also will uplod the epilogue!

Now it's time write your guesses on who do you think have killed Cordelia? Share your theories and clues that you managed to find throughout the story.

It's nearing the end of the book and I hope  you all enjoyed reading the sequel :3

Don't forget to vote and I will see you later my alligators !