Chapter 24

Today Etria is having an international business convention. Where all of the investors and entrepreneurs come from different parts of the world. The place where new ideas are discussed and where investors sign their contracts.

I'm sure that Alexander and Nathaniel would love to be there but of course, they had a lot of work to do.

The convention organizer led me, my husbands, and the Etrian leaders to show the new life-changing projects that the companies are trying to build. The security surrounded us so we wouldn't get crowded by the reporters. The cameras filmed us interacting with the company representatives and also commenting on the project.

"Ahh, it's would be great if we could achieve the second moon landing!" Nancy Volkov commented.

"Indeed, no one landed on the moon for about Millenium." Thomas Volkov pointed out.

"Especially since Etria is more advanced than in the times of the first moon landing." I added my comment and Nancy nodded.

For Abel and Alistair is difficult to comment on the projects since they know a little about the advanced technologies, but they added their comment to the project which concept they felt familiar with.

"How do you feel?" I whispered to Alistair.

They probably weren't ready for the stares. Since it was recently revealed that Ravendale has a polyandry tradition and I was the first ruler who visited Etria and brought two consorts.

"I'm fine, thank you for asking." Alistair politely replied.

Then it was time for the press conference. For Etrian and foreign journalist is a great opportunity to interview the newly crowned Ravendalian ruler and ask about the plans on increasing diplomatic relationship between Ravendale and Etria.

This time my secondary husbands will be staying in the backstage.

The start of the conference was good. We said our pleasantries from the beginning and there was a lot of journalists yearning for their questions to be heard and we ended up getting good questions.

I calmly replied to the questions that I was asked.

Before marrying my husbands I wasn't that confident to be able to speak calm and elegant in front of a hundred journalists like now. I guess I'm very delighted to see the improvement.

One journalist who decided to be bold asked " I would like to ask Queen Annabelle. Is there any special reason why your consorts not participating in the press conference? Is the reason tied to the Ravendalian tradition?"

That was a good way to ask if I'm sexist.

'How can I translate the harem rules better?' I mentally sighed then smiled.

"it's simple, it's not their responsibility." I shortly answered.

"How so?" the journalist wasn't satisfied with the answer and other journalists were on the edge of their seat.

"When a newly wedded husband joins the Royal Family, he not only gains family duties, he also gains royal duties." I looked around and I saw the confused faces of the journalists so I decided to change the approach.

"Here is an example, the government is like a company. When you are hired to work for an organization you sign a contract that defines your responsibilities. As the president of the company I shouldn't be asking the worker to do something that is out of the scope of their responsibilities."

My simple approach was understood by many of the journalists. Before the journalist could answer another question Nancy interrupted the journalist.

"Well, that was an interesting insight into the Ravendalian marriage system. Now Julien Waltz is there any time left for the other questions?" Nancy asked the Etrian press secretary Julien Waltz.

"Unfortunately, time is running out. I like to thank all the journalists from Etria and other parts of the world for coming here." Julien thanked the journalists.

"Thank you for coming to our business convention and checking the projects, it's been a pleasure to chat with you, Queen Annabelle." Thomas thanked me.

"It's been my pleasure. Thank you for inviting me, President Thomas and President Nancy." I elegantly replied. Then we shook each other hands.

On that note, the press conference had successfully ended.

Alistair and Abel were already waiting for me in the backstage.

"You did very well." Abel complimented me, his facial expression meant that he was beyond impressed.

"The conference is way more intense than in Ravendale. Not only the guests of the conference are watching you, but other people can also see live footage of you." Abel commented and I nodded.

I guess I can be considered the second ruler who was interviewed by the Etrian media. The first ruler was of course Queen Agatha.

We were safely escorted to our cars. There were a lot of people who wanted to interact with us and ask for an autograph but the protocol doesn't allow us. We would also risk wasting Etrian leader's time since they are on a tight schedule which isn't a polite thing to do.

In the end, we managed safely to get to our hovercar. I was shivering in the car since I was wearing high feels and tailored designer suit which wasn't meant for the cold weather. In Etria is considered impolite to wear the outerwear for the event but luckily the car was heated but I was still shivering.

As for my husbands who are shifters they can withstand the cold better than me. I had to lean to Alistair so I could feel less cold, Alistair wrapped his arm around my waist with no hesitation.
Abel handed me a phone and said " The maid has sent us the message asking what we would like to eat for lunch."

" I don't think I'm hungry for the home-cooked meal." I've told them.

"Perhaps you want to eat the restaurant?" Alistair suggested it.

"Close, I was thinking of ordering food since I'm craving for the Eastern food lately." I quickly texted the maid back and the started ordering food from the app

"Eastern food? We are not familiar with eastern food." Abel sheepishly said.

"It's alright I'm ordering a lot of different dishes to familiarize if you still won't like the dishes I will order more familiar food." I comforted them.

It's been a long time since I ate Eastern food.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Here is the new chapter! I hope you enjoyed reading this chapters since this chapters gives more insight about the world that the story is set.

Share your random thoughts, comments, questions or theories! I would love to read them ^-^!

Don't forget to vote!

I will see you later my alligators.