Chapter 20

While I was away Alexander was strict to my subordinates that includes Serena, my secondary husbands, and other staff. The unlucky people who wanted to have an appointment with me ended up going to Alexander instead of my secondary husbands. Instead of consulting, they ended up reporting to Alexander on why their misdeeds occurred.

When I came back to Serena complained about Alexander giving her more work and stricter deadlines. If she would fail to meet those, then her pay was going to get deducted.

The secondary husbands didn't complain directly to me.

"Did you both have enjoyed working under Alexander?" I asked them. As usual, we were working in my study.

"Yes." They simultaneously answered which I was immediately suspicious about their answer.

"Oh good! Alexander and Nathaniel can deal with more work than I do, I think it's will be a better solution if you work under them." Abel and Alistair were appalled with my suggestion.

"Oh no, Your Majesty we apologize for lying to you, we didn't exactly enjoy working with Alexander. Please, don't send us to work under the Prince Consorts." They were almost prepared to sit on their knees and beg me. I smiled in amusement since I knew they were lying.

"It's alright I forgive you both for lying to me, but please next time you two refrain from lying to me again." I told them and they sighed in relief.

Since Alexander was previously a business owner so he got used to having done things fast and efficiently.

Children also complained about my and Nathaniel's absence since Alexander was busy taking care of Nathaniels and my affairs and only spend time with children whenever he had free time to do so.

Of course, it would be dumb to delegate the task of taking care of children to the secondary husbands, and giving them work that requires a lot of responsibility would be also a stupid thing to do since they don't have a lot of experience.

I guess now I can see why the Queen needs to have a harem of husbands.

"Anyways, is there any important meeting on the agenda?" I asked my secondary husbands and they quickly checked the planner.

"There should be a meeting with the court." Alistair mentioned.

I almost forgot to mention that when I was absent Alexander had to be present in the court meeting and of course the court didn't enjoy it since Alexander was keen on tracking progress.Alexander's logic was if he was going to be stricter to the people, then the people will be more appreciative of me. I gave him a week to rest since he had worked hard for two weeks.

"Anything else is planned that is important?"

"Well, there is a trip to Etria planned and after that Faya's diplomats will be visiting Ravendale." When hearing this sentence I wanted to groan out loud but it will be un lady-like.

The Etrian leader couple seems fine at first but they do give off an eccentric aura, which tells me that I should be wary.

The Faya's Queen has a hot temper which she can become at times unreasonable and difficult to deal with her since she is convinced that Ravendale had something to do with the kidnapping of her daughter. Fortunately, only diplomats will be arriving at Ravendale.

I went back to checking the projects that need financing from the Royal Treasury, while my secondary husbands preparing the letters of rejection. In the end, none of the projects were approved.

Since the Ravendale is focusing on stabilizing the economy, we had to be careful when funding the projects.

Then I and the secondary husbands decided to take the usual tea break.

In the lounge room where we usually have our tea break, I decided to ask my secondary husbands.

"I'm wondering, do you both regret agreeing to become part of my harem for five years?"

After all, they've been attacked and overworked during their time in my harem. They thought for a little before answering.

"No, we do not regret it. We were warned before accepting the proposal. It gave us a chance to start a new chapter in life and become a better man." Abel truthfully answered and I nodded.

After all, being a Queen's Noble Consort and having no debt is way better, than the life they had before. In five years they can either leave the harem after learning how to become a more capable man or continue being a Queen's Noble Consort. Besides, there is also a chance of getting their fate sealed by the birth of their biological child.

Of course, they could have chosen to sell their residence to get out of debt but for the nobles, residence means a lot to them.

A noble residence is a place where nobles can have social and cultural gatherings, a place where nobles can educate their children about the noble values, and a place where they can pave a future for their descendants.

"After all, artic were foxes are meant to serve the Queen." Alistair added an unnecessary comment. I slightly chucked at their comment.

Indeed were foxes are a little bit prideful creatures.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Here is chapter 20! I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter!

Don't  forget to vote and comment!

and I will see you later my alligators ^-^