Chapter 31

After the Faya's representatives left the room. Me, Nathaniel, and some of our ministers left in shock. The atmosphere became tenser since we would have to prepare for the war.

"Nathaniel, please inform Alexander that the meeting was unsuccessful." I quickly asked Nathaniel. He nodded and left the room.

When Alexander receives the news he will make sure that all the troops will be properly stationed outside of the Faya's border.

To be honest, we've mobilized the troops in the town next to Faya's border a few months ago but now the troops would need to be ready for the attack.

"You should also get back to work." I flatly told my ministers and they also made their way out of the meeting room.

I sighed when I was left in the room alone.

After a few minutes of stupidly standing in the meeting room, I also decided to leave the room.

I made my way towards my room.

At that moment I just didn't have any idea what to do next but I knew I needed some time alone to think about it.

"Please, leave the room." I ordered my maids as soon as I arrived in my room. My room was like an apartment except I don't have my kitchen.

I sat down on the sofa and put my hand on the forehead.

It's going to be alright since we prepared for the worst-case outcome right? Then another thought came into my hand.

Of course, since obviously, Faya was preparing for the war long before we started.

I hugged my knees.

How long the war will last?

How long would it be until we will win?

How many people and resources we would need to sacrifice to achieve the victory?

Or how long it's will take until we settle for a tie? Or worse how long would it be until the Fayan troops reach the capital and kill me and all of my family?

I started shaking.

No, I shouldn't have those negative thoughts.

As long as we plan things carefully we might able to defeat the Faya. I tried comforting myself but another negative thought invaded my mind.

How many casualties will it cause? How many families will grief because they lost their loved ones in war?

What will be the aftermath of the war? Will Ravendale will have another financial crisis?

The negative thoughts were coming one by one and I didn't know how to stop it.

I heard the knock on the door and instantly removed my legs from the sofa and tried to calm down.

Before I could permit to enter my room my secondary husbands forgot the etiquette and entered my room.

"Oh dear Annabelle, have you been crying?" Abel gently asked me.

"No." I lied. I simply haven't noticed that I have been crying and reached to touch under my eyes. It appears that I was indeed crying.

"Hmm." Alistair hummed pretending to believe my lie but he still handed me his handkerchief.

"I just feel like a failure."

"You shouldn't say that Annabelle, your not a failure." Abel comforted me.

"Besides every ruler at one point faces the war." Alistair assured me.

"In the first year of their rule?" I asked still not believing their words.

"The treaty was supposed to last about 28 years and besides Ravedale and Faya have fought with each other for a long time. There wasn't anyone who succeeded prolonging the peace treaty." Abel reasoned.

"I guess you are right. It's my bad luck." I sighed and stood up.

In the end, I wouldn't achieve anything if I allow myself wallow in pity.

"Oh, is there anything you wanted to inform me?" I wanted to know their purpose for entering my room without waiting for permission.

"Prince Consorts want to hold a family meeting." Alistair answered.

I guess it makes sense because Alexander and Nathaniel don't like to waste time without solving the problem.

A family meeting entails that I have to participate in an important meeting with the husbands that have duties in the royal court. This means Alistair and Abel are also participating since they act as my assistants.

Alistair and Abel led the room where the family meeting will be held.

After I woke up from a week-long come I spent some time with my secondary husbands. I started to notice each of their characteristics and differentiate them.

Abel is more gentle and Alistair is calmer and can he is more forward than Abel.

Overall, I don't I would prefer any other person to be secondary husbands instead of Abel and Alistair.

Finally, I arrived at the meeting room and Nathaniel assisted me in helping to sit down.

"Do you have some thoughts on the plan?" I asked them. Knowing Nathaniel and Alexander they probably have managed to develop a plan in a short amount of time.

"Yes, our current plan is that I will travel to the border overlooking the battle and also participate while you four should stay at the capital and manage the economy." Alexander explained the plan.

"We don't mind it." Abel and Alistair answered. They didn't have any military training so for now it's would be best for them to stay in the capital.

I contemplated at Alexander's idea for a little. It's simply didn't feel right sending Alexander alone to the front lines.

"Do you agree with the idea, Annabelle?" Nathaniel asked me. He thought that the plan sounded fair enough for now.

I waited a little bit before I answered.

"I think I will also go to the border." I revealed my answer. My husbands were shocked.

"It's an insane idea, you were injured not long ago. What makes you think sending the Queen to the front lines is a good idea?" Nathaniel questioned me. Alexander, Alistair, and Abel stayed silent waited for my answer.

"Well, first of all, I have been training for combat and magic but also don't forget I have a degree in Medicine. Secondly, It's would be quicker for me to authorize the resources that our troops would lack." I reasoned and Nathaniel couldn't find any reason to refute me so he looked at Alexander.

"Well, I would like to remind you that I have authority regarding matters of the military." Alexander reminded me.

I almost forgot that Alexander has full authority of the military it's designed so the husband who has the most military training receives the authority to command the troops and it's also designed not to have a conflict between two authorities.

"So you won't let me join you?" I asked him. Alexander thought for a little bit before answering.

"I suppose I can give you a chance to prove that you are strong enough to join." Alexander suggested.

"How?"

"By having a match with me."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter!

It's will be interesting to see Annabelle's combat and magical skills in the next chapter.

What do you think will Annabelle win the match or not? Leave your bet in the comments :D

Don't forget to vote and I will see you later my alligators.