6. Engagement Party. (Her POV)

Luke.

Venue: Arcade.
Luke asked me to leave the venue for our engagement party to him but I wasn't so sure about that. He wasn't the best at picking places and that scared me a little bit. The rest of the planning was up to me and I was glad about it. Finally, today was the night of our engagement party and I was going to see the venue. What if it's a warehouse or something? Luke told me to wear something not too formal, just casual because it wasn't a big thing. And it certainly wasn't, just our closest friends and family. When he parked outside an arcade, I frowned but smiled at the same time. It was my favorite arcade but now it wasn't the time to play. "What are we doing here?" I ask him as I get out of the car. He takes my hand and pressed a kiss to my knuckles. "You'll see, no need to be eager" he said softly and pecked my cheek. I smiled but I was still worried for being late to our own engagement party. I never was the kind of person to arrive late to anything and it really pissed me off if I got late somewhere. "Luke, we'll be late to our party" I told him and walked with him to the entrance. He opened the door for me and chuckled as he shook his head. "We won't, I promise" he said and when I walked inside a saw the place with the decorations I chose for the party. A few of my friends and my best friend were there along with my family and Luke's friends. I didn't understand what was going on but I certainly liked it. Calum spotted us at the door and took a mic from the sound cabin. "Hey everyone! The engaged couple is here!" He said and everyone turned to look at us. I had a wide smile on my face and couldn't believe what Luke had done. Everyone started clapping and I walked with Luke towards the improvised bar that was there, to join Michael, Calum and Ashton, who was hitting on my best friend Spencer. "How did...?" I asked and looked up at Luke. He smiled and pecked my lips. "Oh, you know. Just rented the place and stuff" he said and I giggled. Honestly, I'm starting to think that Luke is actually really good in choosing places. This place is perfect and the best part was that I got to play every game I wanted in the arcade. Everyone congratulated Luke and me throughout the night and everyone had a great time. Specially me and Luke. Everything was really perfect, and for me to use that word is really hard. "Thanks Luke" I said softly sometime before midnight and he kissed me. I really appreciate what he did, that's a reason why I love him so much. He always thinks about me.

Calum.

Venue: Rooftop Restaurant.
"Cal, hurry!" I say as I pull him in the building. Today was our engagement party but it seemed as if he didn't want a party even if he nagged me for about a week for having a party. "I'm coming, relax" he said as he walked behind me, incredibly slow. Probably I was overly excited about the party because, to be honest, I organised it perfectly. I chose food that both of us like, decorations in our favourite colours and our families were going to be there. We didn't want anything big either so we just invited Luke and his wife, Michael and Ashton with their girlfriends. "You're going too slow!" I say and walk a bit faster to reach the elevator. As I walk faster, I twist my ankle and, thankfully, Calum caught me. "Slow down, baby. You're going way too fast" he said and chuckled softly. I smile at him and turn around to see him. I peck his lips and smile widely. Even if I was wearing high heels, he was still taller than me and I quite liked our height difference. I walk slower this time towards the elevator and press the button for it to come down. When we reached the top of the building to the restaurant, both of us were greeted by everyone's cheers and holding her glasses up with champagne. I smile and see Michael's girlfriend, Hope, walking towards me and Calum with a pair of glasses with champagne. I thank her and take a sip of my champagne. Calum placed his hand on my waist. Throughout the whole night, Calum and I enjoyed ourselves more than anyone else. Dinner was amazing and after we were done, it was time for the toast. Luke stood up to say a speech he had prepared with his glass in his hand and called everyone's attention before starting to speak. "Calum is my best friend and has been for a while now and I can't believe that this dickhead is getting married" said Luke and everyone chuckled, including me. "Like we always thought that if Michael wasn't the last one to get married it would be Calum but I guess we were wrong. I've never seen him so in love with someone and what Mackenzie did to him was great and unbelievable" Calum pecked my cheek and I blushed slightly. "We never thought that Calum would actually settle down until he met Mackenzie. God, we couldn't shut him up about it." Again, everyone chuckled and this time Calum was blushing. "Anyhow, I'm glad that you decided to settle down for good and took this huge step. Congratulations" he said and raised his glass. "To Calum and Mackenzie" he cheered and everyone cheered the same before taking a sip of their own champagne. The speech that Luke gave was short but beautiful, I knew that he had put some effort on the speech and it was great. I really liked the engagement party and I'm glad that Calum wouldn't shut up about the party. I can't wait to actually start organising the wedding.