Chapter 27: Chicken Riser 🐓

The ORC gathered in the room as Rias announced the purpose for their meeting. Issei couldn't believe the news and was sulking in despair. Erin only looked at Rias in concern, curious to know the red head's thoughts.

"Gremory-san is in a predicament right now." Tsubaki said as he observed the red head sitting on a couch. " Imagine being engaged to someone who you don't even like."

" It's a pity, seriously." Azusa added.

"Buchou.." Issei mumbled as he sniffed and sobbed.

" What's up with him?"

" He adores Rias and kinda likes her so he is devastated." Erin explained.

" Well too bad cuz Gremory-san has her eyes on you." Tsubaki casually commented which earned him a shove by the elbow.

" What? It's true. Gremory-san has a crush on Master."

" Now's not really the time to talk about that, Tsubaki." Azusa replied with a sigh.

" He's late." Rias said in annoyance to Grayfia.

" My apologies. Riser-sama may be currently be having a delay, ojou-sama. Please have a little more consideration."

" As if I have a choice." Mumbled the red head.

On cue, a portal appeared on the floor and a man emerged from it. He was wearing a cocky grin as he scanned the room. He immediately seated next to Rias and placed a hand on her waist.

" Ah. Human air really is trash compared to the ones in the Underworld. It doesn't suit the mighty and regal flames of Riser."

He proceeded to grope Rias to which the red head scooted away.

"Don't touch me Riser."

"Come on now, Rias. We are about to be wed soon and it doesn't hurt to act like an obedient wife to the powerful Riser."

" How many times do I have to tell you? I don't want to get married to you!" Rias stood up from the couch in anger.

" Tsk tsk tsk. Do you really have a choice, Rias?" Riser boredly replied. " My father and Sirzech's sama decided on this matter a long time ago. It is necessary for the survival of our race especially the Purebloods. The numbers are drastically low especially what happened during the Great war so as future heads of our household, it is our responsibility to continue the blood line."

" I can still uphold my duties even without getting married to you!" Rias replied in exasperation.

Riser released a laugh which annoyed Issei at great lengths.

" And who do you suppose you are going to marry? No one is better suited for you aside from the almighty Riser."

He looked at the ORC members and pointed at Issei.

" Is it perhaps that boy? He looks so weak that he seems like he can't even give you a child."

Issei gritted his teeth at this and clenched his fists. Asia calmed him down who was at his side the entire time.

" Or that lanky looking pretty boy over there?" He pointed to Kiba.

" I would appreciate it if you stop insulting my servants." Rias warned with a glare. Riser ignored her and continued looking at the ORC Members until his eyes landed on Erin.

He wore a smirk and stood up from the couch, approaching the Goddess.

" Hello, precious human." Riser greeted. " What are you doing here in a room full of devils?"